C.O.W. - #052: Orange Sea Leviathan - Voting! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neorepto

3 2.40%
  • Ninth

27 21.60%
  • Vampire Ninja

0 0%
  • yAdam

1 0.80%
  • Ive

3 2.40%
  • MrBobMarley

0 0%
  • Zeitwolf

0 0%
  • Goertz

0 0%
  • GreenTopaz

7 5.60%
  • FlyingMilton

0 0%
  • Trashy

0 0%
  • scoonie

0 0%
  • cognition.sb

0 0%
  • charge

4 3.20%
  • rawwad

22 17.60%
  • Saterart

0 0%
  • AlphaDMF

0 0%
  • davi

1 0.80%
  • Hideyoshi

4 3.20%
  • Pigeonkill

0 0%
  • Jabo

0 0%
  • chase2le

0 0%
  • staylor

1 0.80%
  • FunkytownP

0 0%
  • EtaCarinae

0 0%
  • Mr.Blonde

0 0%
  • StephenMReed

0 0%
  • Main Loop

0 0%
  • michamachtlos

0 0%
  • ferak seg

0 0%
  • Boug

3 2.40%
  • Jove

0 0%
  • Skeiff

0 0%
  • JakkaS

13 10.40%
  • Tom Garden

0 0%
  • spiritform

0 0%
  • Tyranx

36 28.80%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: C.O.W. - #052: Orange Sea Leviathan - Voting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for JakkaS.
    The creature looks so gentle and peaceful, it really shows a lot of personality.
    Great job by everyone, I really dig Rawwad's and Tyranx's pieces.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is very hard because as Feng Zhu said it, A beautiful drawing will ever win against a good design with an intermediate drawing. And we have a lot of good drawings or goods design and some have both. So from here, we have leviathan's scenes which takes place under the sea and above the sea.

In think rawwad made a very beautiful drawing with good colors, dynamics and everything what people voted for. But maybe his design is a little bit classical, using dinosaurs look. (sorry for my bad english). Hideyoshi as well. But those are good works anyway.

Under the sea, i think Charge give all the strengh to that very agressive creature. Color, depht, dynamic etc.. I really like it.

Ninth has such a beautiful rendering and a very sophisticated design. Everything is just perfect but there is another one what which is so great and it is Tyranx. For me it is the unification of everything. A strong image that takes place in a modern way to see the leviathan and also takes place in the past, like in old engravings in which Leviathan are like snake creature who rises up from the sea. And of course we need the human data, in order to express fear and that this is about human stories and there are here in the foreground. So for me Tyranx's work has everything and get my vote. COngratulations to many other works, I can not name them all. A great week for COW.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    What a F********* awsome round.... awsome work everyone.

Ninth, Hidoyoshi, Rawwd, Jakkas, Tyranx, Boug, Charge... sweet stuff.

It was a hard call between tyranx and ninth, I thought these two were like so damn good, ended up voting for tyranx.. it's spectacular! Damn I love all the details on Ninth's one too... *sigh*

awsome work guys.. really..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So many amazing pieces, my favourites have to be charge and Ninth. Charge, the mood is just amazing, that thing really freaks me out. Ninth, the render is just amazing, the light coming down into the muddy water and the fish in the background brings it al together nicely, and you have my vote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of awesome posts by many of you, excellent work done by all of you, my vote however goes to Ive.

Y? because although many of you had bad ass and amazing work, his stood out in my mind the most. Maybe it isnt as well drawn as the rest, maybe not as detailed, but it made me laugh when i looked at it, and I fell in love with it when I first saw it.

Good job everybody.

"KEEEE-YYYAAAAAAHHHHHH B!TCH!!!!" - Ed Wuncler III, The Boondocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this has got to be the most funked up collection of orange beasties! congrats to all! i need more time to vote....holy crow!
    cheers,
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tyranx gets my vote, because of what everyone else said, but also because the image of an unimaginably huge serpent rearing out of the sea is something that's been lurking in my own imagination for quite some time.

Exceedingly awesome work by everyone else, too. I'd list my favorites, but there's just too many! I'm new to this site, but I've looked through the older CoWs, and in terms of the quality of the pictures produced, the creativity of the designs, and the sheer number of pieces submitted, I think this is the best on to date.

I was going to enter a piece of my own, and I had a fairly interesting idea, but it turned out that I completely overestimated my ability to do a decent acrylic painting in one afternoon (I don't have digital capabilities), especially when I had such little experience with the subject matter. Ah well. At least I learned something from the miserable little painting that came of it.

Again, awe-inspiring work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm casting my vote for Ninth
    Really nicely done, both as a design/concept and illustration.

As has been said by others, it would be nice to have more than one vote to cast. I did get to post comments on many of my favorites back in the activity thread, but Tyranx's excellent entry came in too late for me to comment there. Comments with an eye to improving it: The silhouette treatment of the foreground doesn't work for me. Not as an illustration at least. I'll acknowledge the subjectivity of that, given that many have complimented you on it, but I really think it's out of character with the rest of the piece. The placement of the figures could use some work too. As you've composed it, you have a straightforward downhill run, from your largest figure to the smallest. I did a sloppy paintover to show a variation I think is a better placement of the characters. I think it's better balance in the foreground and you're Captain becomes a more effective secondary element then he was off at the edge.

JakkaS The palette on your entry may well be my favorite. Love the creature colors and the bits of green barnacle crust on it's head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah thanks Bruce, I see what you mean. Sometimes I get carried away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted Ninth, Solid design/concept, strong sillouette, nice colour balance, clear details.. extra points for the alternate viewpoint. well done.

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bumskee
    Shut up and ENTER! Same goes for redehlert...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so many - and so many well executed! - entries this time. Thanks to fozz for choosing such a topic

My Vote goes to Topaz for a great artwork and an even greater concept that made me grin, very close second were rawwad and ninth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boug
    Forgot to mention: Next time post 1 image only please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bruce Jensen made one of the most useful critic I have ever seen during a poll. You are right by putting humans in secondary plan, it is more logical.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome entries from all...i feel like a dust particle between all this leviathans...at the end i had to decide between Tyranx and charge...

Both are extremely well executed...

Tyranx' piece is composed well (except the captains position as Bruce already mentioned), has a great atmosphere and is masterly rendered as always...very dynamically and i can't look away, it catches my attention.

charge's entry is concentrated on the leviathan and the diver, but it looks soooo vivid...just like a photograph and i feel like another diver watching the scene...and it's like this beast popped out from nowhere and creeps me hella out, he really looks alive...besides i love the design, which is a good mix of deep sea creatures and crustacean elements...got my vote with having 0,1% lead over Tyranx' piece...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and btw...

StephenMReed
    You are a stupid lame morone and you can tell me who you want to vote for in REAL!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fark me guys... just blown away by the awesomness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DarkTwin wrote:"Rawweds concept also works, great action, love the colors, reminds me of the atlantic"

I think it looks more like the Indian Ocean or the Eastern Sea... Pacific maybe - but I just don´t see the Atlantic. Sorry. You are way out of whack here!

lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Green topaz,
    For years afterward, the approaching sound of 'you are the wind beneath my wings' meant impending doom for a ship or submarine.
    This is just too funny, also the creature is very well done and is oozing with style.

Some runner ups of mine were:

Charge *wanted to vote for you, but you had no description, the illustration was 1st place in my opinion*

Hideyoshi, Awesome scene... nothing else needs to be said

Rawwad, great scene and nice overall painting.

Ninth, Very scary looking creature, looks very demonic and biblical, Nice colors too.

Jakkas, nice render job, and you always have some original descriptions.

Boug, I really liked your second picture, something about the lines made the creature look very watery and I really like it.

Crazy amount of people entered this one, all good stuff here. Thanks for posting the inspirations.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    bumskee
    Shut up and ENTER! Same goes for redehlert...
    yeah, yeah, yeah....and where might yer entry be, muppet?

ok....the entries were downright stellar, but the one that really stood out to me was Boug's.
    I appreciated the quick concept profile, but what sold me was your head on, deep sea focused lighting with size ratio, etc. damn did it look juicy wet! only crit - your concept text could use some massaging.

cheers!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for charge's creature because that's one creepy picture. By far the one that makes me most scared to ever swim in the ocean again. Tyranx, Ninth, and Rawwad also had some sweet Leviathans. I also notice that the larger pictures look better for depicting this giant beast, so one constructive crit would be for everyone to take into account the format that the piece will appear in the post. The bigger ones carry a bit more weight, plus the details and technique are more visible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for tyranx, though overall i liked Hideyoshi 's monster/scene more. personally Tyranx's image was brought to life with the peoples sillouettes. and thats what got vote.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Tyranx, though Ninth and Jakkas were close runner-ups. The beast's head fading into the glare of the sun was beautiful.

"Baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jeez a load of kick ass entries this week!
    This was hard.A lot of really cool ones, my favs were the ones by Ninth, charge, rawwad, jakkas and tyranx.The wonderul light effect in tyranx one was absolutely fantastic tho, i loved the "real " sunlight, the mixed creature design and the whole mood of the piece.But this was really hard too choose, very nice to see such a "big" COW

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redehlert
    yeah, yeah, yeah....and where might yer entry be, muppet?
    BABY! If you will see (in the next days) what i am busy with at the moment, your eyes will drop out of your snobbish monochromatic mug...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooooh reary? well, if it's tdome lms2.0 related, you can bank i'll be there my furry monochromatic muppet. i have some red in my avatar....wouldn't that make me dichromic? i dunno...
    cheers!
    d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh boy was it ever hard to decide! In the end and after about 15 min of looking over I went with Tyranx because of the completely refreshing take on the subject matter. A lot of good pieces in this one though. Not one bad one so good job everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JakkaS: 1: fantastic creature design and lovely render!

Ninth: 2: very good design and render also (close finish)

rawwad: 3: great action in your piece..

Lovely entries everybody!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't get over the consistency of great work submitted for this round, this has to be the best round of C.O.W. I've seen. Tons of greatnes in this round.
    Awesome work folks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This has really been an awesome round of C.O.W.
    Really strong skills around here and great inspiration all over the place =)
    Imho the best entries came from: GreenTopaz, Rawwad, Hide, JakkaS (cool you eventually postet an entry) and Tyranx.

Also very impressive works submitted by:
    Charge, Ninth, Ferak Seg, Davi, Boug (great rendering here).

Zeit, it´s a pity you didn´t work out yours more. Would have been a very cool entry for sure =)

Well my vote goes to GreenTopaz because I love the colors and the extraordinary design of that leviathan (:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.