Page 47 of 128 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    jesus with the gestures, fuck! I meen seriously! Honestly I admire your commitment and they are awesome, I just wish for each sheet of gestures you painted one because I really like your color rendered pieces. Subscribed

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Dan Valkar: thanks

timmy: you must have really good eyes, 'cause I barely even notice the jaggy edges. I'm also on a 12 inch laptop right now...so maybe that has something to do with it...but I think you probably just have better eyes than me. Hehehe yea man, people love the matchboxes

Aveh: well yeah..it is all I do. :/ I'm a bit loaded up with school stuff, so I'm trying to squeeze in studies and such while maintaining some kind of personal life and 'keeping it real' while here in germany.

kidult: thanks

Frogisis: yeah, values are important. I still focus more on value than color. Slowly creeping into the realm of hues
    The fashion stuff is from http://www.hel-looks.com They've got hundreds of images on the site. It's a pretty great resource for random fashion as well as good standing gestures.

DanielC: If only I could move my fingers better

Tom: You're not allowed to get any better...go back to chef school

BohemianChaos: hrm, I dunno. It's really good practice to work out your greyscale image and then do a color layer on top...just as far as value control. Also, working in greyscale allows you to rapidly change stuff later on down the line, without worrying too much about muddying colors and such. I actually prefer to work from a really nice line drawing then do a few multiply layers, and then render. It takes me about the same time to take an image to a full render with both processes, but that's because my lines are pretty shit, so I have to spend a lot of time trying to get them right :/

Justin: thanks dude. I know your skything is a WIP, but I can only crit what I see.

Farin: danke schön

MonkeYoakum: Yeah, gestures are really important, and I still have a ton to learn about them. I've noticed a marked improvement since I've started, so that's reassuring, but still a longass way to go before I do something decent. I'll try to work in more finished works in the future. I'll have less school work in a few weeks...then I shall have no excuses

soooo...guess what? more gestures. I've realized that when I'm stressed out [like I have been the last few days] i can't focus for shit. Really important lesson learned.
    Name:  gestures41.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  64.5 KB Name:  gestures42.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  62.2 KB
    Name:  gestures43.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  60.8 KB Name:  gestures44.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  61.0 KB
    Name:  gestures45.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  89.0 KB Name:  gestures46.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  67.3 KB

Thanks
    Nice stuff Texahol. I liked the colored figures/gestures.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Hey Tex, good to see you practicing hard The matchboxes are still pretty cool.

Wish I could say something usefull in here, but I'm not very experienced with gesture drawing. I got a little thing though, I noticed on some parts you use scribbly jagged lines, as if you build the outline up out of little parts. Not sure if this is the format or if you really do it like that, but where I come from it's better to try build those lines out of one fluent line (and when it's wrong, try again on top of the old line -rinse and repeat) After a while you start using less and less lines, but they are stronger than fragmented lines.

Also, it might pay off to keep drawing the lines instead of stopping right at the point where they go over in a new line. There's some lost edges and corners where one shape stops and the next begins in your earlier gesture drawings especially. This means indecision rather than suggestion I think

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks
    hm..... i see you are workin greally hard. but im not seeing that much change in your drawing (by the way those aren't exactly what I would call gesture drawings). I would like to see you flow with the form more and define the form withthe line quality more not just and a slightly awkward outline. they still seem really stiff and laboured.
    moar beerz!

maybe you need to take a step back from them and think about what you are learning fro them and what you want to learn from them.
    you may be getting what you wanted......I don't know. There are other directions they could take you too.

match boxes are fun.

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    afatelgrand: thanks

yoitisi: yep, that's exactly what I'm trying to do...but I guess the keyword is 'try'

davi: yeah those are pretty challenging, especially when I'm only doing one or two steps of rotation. Also trying to keep those quick (around 5 minutes per pose) dunno how well I'm keeping on track when I do those though...no timer

chaos: I'm noticing an improvement in them from when i started, albeit slight. I feel that I'm learning quite a bit from the exercise, otherwise I'd have quit by now. Slowly it's getting better

So I got really super bogged down with schoolwork and etc, hence the lack of drawing. I just realized that it's JUNE! One month until school is out, then I have no excuses
    Name:  gestures47.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  93.4 KB Name:  gestures48.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  83.8 KB

Thanks
    Nice to see you're hard at work with your studies

I think you'd benefit loads from getting a life model to draw from though. I know the kroki I do with 1-5 mins poses changed the world for me, after staring at refs on a monitor or a bookpage. There probably is something around your campus or in your town, but since I have no idea how long you'll stay where you are, I don't know if you have any time for it...

And yeah, the more stressed out you are, the worse is the studies *lol*

Nice to see you're keeping up though. And yes, it's June already

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    sork: yeah life drawing would help. I had a few stints here and there at school, but it's all done [for a while now]. I don't know of anything around town though. I've been super busy with schoolwork lately, and stressed out with things and stuff.
    So here's a post on account of sork bumped my sb somehow I feel obligated to show the measley amount of stuff I've been able to do since my last post.

Name:  boxes.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  235.1 KB Name:  gestures49.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  70.6 KB Name:  gestures50.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  68.4 KB Name:  gestures51.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  81.5 KB Name:  gestures52.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  77.6 KB Name:  gestures53.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  89.7 KB Name:  gestures54.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  78.8 KB Name:  gestures55.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  84.1 KB

Thanks
    Realy amazing SB ma! Awsome charecters and enviros!!! Deserves 5 stars in my mind!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Loving your gestures! Clean lines = win. The matchboxes are also full of delicious winsauce. (and matches.)

Thanks
    Digging the paintings tex. My fave is the second row, 2nd from left, catches my eye every time I look at them. Gestures are clean, quite hot to look at. Hope to see more in the future, I'll finally be around again to see them. Laters, you deserve more stars.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    love the matchboxes!

Page 47 of 128 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3