Artist Needed to Draw Characters...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Artist Needed to Draw Characters...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist Needed to Draw Characters...

Hi,

We are a company that makes kids games.

We are looking for someone to help draw characters for our upcoming games.

Specifically, we are looking for a style similar to this...
    http://www.curiosoft.com/davinci.jpg
    http://www.curiosoft.com/shakespeare-color.jpg

If you have a portfolio with that exact style, we'll consider it. If not, we would like to see an art test of a character with a similar style. Specifically, the art test consists of drawing Benjamin Franklin in the same style.

We are looking for someone that ideally can do more than one project.

E-mail submissions to temp at curiosoft dot com. If we are interested, we will contact you.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    carry on

--------------(original post
    don't fall for this people
    tried and tested.. they'll just run away with your free art

i'll leave this open to give curiosoft a chance to reply, for now

Last edited by Hyver; July 10th, 2006 at 04:25 PM.
    WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

We do not understand this whole "run away with free art" thing. When we commission a piece, we have the artist sign a work-for-hire.

We are a commercial company and must own the copyright to the artwork. Our intention is to own the artwork exclusively. We intend to pay for the artwork.

In any case, what would we do with "free art"? If we don't own the copyright...it wouldn't make sense to put it in our games or on our site because of legal issues.

I do hope folks reconsider. We have found some good people through this forum and hope to find more.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm referring to this thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67588
    and the fact that no one ever seemed to have gotten an answer from you guys.

i don't hold infinit wisdom and knowledge, but this just comes off as fishy.
    i'd be happy to hear from the people who've successfully worked for you though

WEED TORTURE WIN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh,

We never even looked at the thread once we posted. We figured that the interested folks would e-mail us.

We'll do a better job of looking back at the threads in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We also made the decision to make a post on the forums every 6 weeks in case there is new talent out there. That is the main reason why we you may see our posts every month. It is our mistake for forgetting to mention that if you've already sent us an art test and didn't get a response...there is no need to reapply.

In any case, posting every 5-6 weeks on the forum has worked out pretty well for us because we have found good artists on the 2nd or 3rd post that didn't see our post the first time.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Curiosoft is okay

Hyver, I understand your concern. You said you'd like to hear from artists that have worked with Curiosoft and I have.

Here it is in a nutshell:

They pay. They didn't "run off" with any art of mine. I had a good relationship with my correspondent at Curiosoft.com and they fulfilled their end of things.

Unfortunately, my father died in the middle of a large project with them and I had to back out. I failed to communicate regularly and they just needed someone more responsive.

Now, a word to Curiosoft (Action? that you?):

Realize that when you're working with an artist, up-front details are key. Try to give a more exhaustive description of the project at the beginning. Assume the artist knows little about you and your porject and really take the time to outline the project and all of its components at the outset (once you're past the art test and you've selected the artist for an actual project, that is).

If you do just a little bit better job at that, you'll be getting better, more comprehensive art (on time!) before ya know it. Because the only issue I had with you guys was art wasted -in the concept stages- because I didn't fully understand what you wanted out of a particular project at times.

Thanks for the work you sent my way! I enjoyed working with you and appreciated your professionalism and responsiveness.

-Chad

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well ok then, i won't be locking this nor any other thread for this cause.

However, i would like to suggest that from now on, you actually mail back with a response to everyone who made the effort to do your little test. Methinks it's only fair, and not too much to ask.
    Asking for a test is ok in my book, just have the courtesy to reply to it - otherwise people (like myself) are likely to think you just ran away with the art.

to Praetor: thanks for the info, and sorry for your loss

WEED TORTURE WIN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool,

Praetor, thanks for the kind words. Yes it is Action here If you feel like you have more time now, feel free to e-mail me if you're interested in more projects

As for returning the e-mail of folks that contact us. That's a good idea. While we can't return a response to folks that just send us their portfolio...if you do an art test, we will let you know one way or the other.

Look forward to the submissions or any other questions you have about the art test.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

I live in Colorful Colorado. I have been to both East And West coasts.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am applying. No big deal with drawing a Ben Franklin in that style. I don't have anywork on this site yet - none on my computer... I am new here. But I really need some work. I have lots of time on my hands and if you're willing to pay, talk to me. Reach me at mikeerson@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm interested and will start to draw a test picture, but before I wanted to ask if it's a problem that I'm from germany.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

No worries...

... just to let you know that CURIOSOFT is ABSOLUTELY OK.

Best,
    Aleksandar

Sotirovski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would be very innterested in this position and feel my line work could math the style. Though most of my pieces are paintongs, you can look at what I've started on my comic to understand how I handle inkwork. I am also very familiar with drawing caricatures, which I think would help with drawing the subjects. I will start on my test piece of good ol' Ben. Thanks for the post and hope to talk to you soon. Here's the link to my work.

http://community.conceptart.org/prof...llery&id=21562

- Chris Johnson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art Test, Resume, and Portfolio Link sent -

One request: Even if your not interested, please contact me and let me know you're looking elsewhere. Thank you again.

- Christopher W. Johnson, Illustrator | Designer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sent a portfolio.

And I have the same request Mr. Visions does. Some sort of response as prior to reviewing so that I won't be waiting with nothing coming. ^^;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure thing,

If you submit an art test, we will respond to you with a definitive no or yes.

Because of the volume of portfolio-only submissions, we cannot respond to all of those.

If you submit an art test, we'll respond within 24 hours with the results.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you. I look forward to your response.

- Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sent in my email and test

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

Thanks again for all of the submissions. We have stopped accepting submissions for this round of characters.

Everyone that submitted an art test should have received an e-mail detailing the status of their submission.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.