Sketchbook: Jho's Sketchbook - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Jho's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got the job!
    I'm Junior Graphic Designer at Sulake Corporation, starting next week. I had pretty much given up hope that I would get a job this year, and was completely focused on practicing and polishing my portfolio. Damn this is awesome \/

Almost skipped painting tonight, but managed to compromise myself into random doodling. I put up a Kevin Smith interview in Youtube and randomly took screenshots which I then painted. At least I drew something...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, I'm slowing down, have to pick up the pace.

Last week started with a 3 day lecture by Teemu Haila from HighScore. We formed groups of 1-3 and tried to make a game in those three days. I paired up with a coder and we started making a space ship shooter. I think it went ok, we had to scale our concept down a lot and it became just a space ship racer when we had first thought it would be similar to the scene in Star Wars: New Hope, where they fly through the valley and enemies would jump from every direction. We ended up with a game where you just have to try not to hit the walls, but we got it working and it was fun

I modeled the ship and a lot of environments of which we only had time to put a small part into the game.

Thursday work started at Sulake, I haven't done much yet, just got to know people and played Habbo Hotel
    Friday was the firms summer party, so I guess I picked the right time to start there, it was really fun, everyone seems really nice.

I also gave up on my Rift colossus character and turned it in, I know I'm not going to win any prices, but it got me painting so it's all good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Speed painted movie screens today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Someone suggested this one site where you can draw croquis http://lovecastle.org/draw/. It's pretty great, and I've spent some time there now that school is over and I don't get my weekly dose. It's drawing from pictures, not from life, so it's not as good but at least I'm drawing something. I try to get a scanner working soon, but for now here's the only think I can post. One of the pictures I was drawing 1 per minute. Just decided to paint this one a bit further, I'm not sure if I'll continue working on it, it's not supposed to be anything other that just a study.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.