Sketchbook: Fellah - Book 4 - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fellah - Book 4

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the treatment you give to your creatures eyes, gives me the chills. Bad ass creatures man.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, some real exclusive creature designs in here. Love the detail you throw in them like corrupted energetic storms.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Man I love your rendering style so much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sick stuff!

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet work Mr Fellah, I love the depth and clarity you get with pencils and the rawness of your characters. I like

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi fellah! Been a while since I wisited one of your SB´s. Over a year I think. Sorry!
    I still wonder what your dreams are like, if I saw things like the ones you draw in my dreams I would go crazy. I dream cozy and fuddly but such gore and horror!
    Awsome work man as always, Im just blown away.
    Mahalo!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome sb, how about a mini tut on your thoughts and process?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quinster - hehe, cheers, mate!
    KanoaRogers - Haha, i knew it!
    zweiDee - Thanks, man - glad you think so!
    kais - Thanks alot! Happy to hear its not just something you are saying!!!
    Epias - Warmed my heart, kind sir!! Thanks!
    Sepulverture - Thats great to hear! I have been inspired by a lot of artists over the times and just tried to learn from all of them. Just draw hard and you will get there fast. Thanks!
    Warground Zer0 - thank you for checking it out, man!!
    Troll Skelking - Thanks, mate - glad you like them! Hope you made some cool looking trolls!
    PaulDavidson - Thanks, man - yeah there is nothing like a pencil, is there?!
    ChromaticCodex - haha, thanks man!! Some of these drawings gave me a lot of trouble though, hehe.
    D@niel - Cheers, man! Thanks!
    jdeegz - hehe, so do I! More love in them i guess. Cheers!
    sageguy - thank you very much, kind sir!
    HunterKiller_ - Happy you like the lines! Haha, yeah poor girl! I feel bad for doing that to her!
    Darkwebslinger - Thanks a lot!
    Zarquino - Thanks, man - some more now, hehe
    MR. Carbon - Not to much i hope, hehe! Thanks!
    Cold - Thanks, buddy! You are a poet, hehe.
    spazazo - Thank you, man!!
    stalsby - cheers, dude!
    ~Stu - Glad to hear that, man! Thanks!
    B-Man - Hey, man - np, glad you swong by! Man, these days i fall asleep before going to bed, hehe - not much dreaming (thank God, hehe). Great stuff from you recently!
    Anurizm - Cheers, man! I will see what i can do about a tut soon!

Sorry about the lack of updating and new stuff. Heres a mix I did for fun from 07 stuff i dont hate yet...most of it posted in my other sb, but i will start a new one this year.

Attached Images Attached Images        

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellah. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great collection of work mate!

Happy New Year, Hope you have a great one!

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You do beautiful work, sir; inspiring!

Show us more, plz

Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your last update is rockin'!
    I really love it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been a long time since I had a peek at your stuff Simon-sir, think you've made good improvement on already insane skills over the past year. This last batch is full of great stuff, most I remember, some I don't but I like all of them.
    Thanks for sharing, it's pretty cool and inspiring to this little collection of yours - it's awesome. Psyched to see how you ride 08 sir,

cheers!

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pfff what an improving. You're first drawings where ok, but the more I scroll the more I feel like I need to draw more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    krossj - Thanks, mate. Keep rocking your pencils! Hope you have a great new year to!
    AmontilladoAg - Glad you thinks so! I will try. Thanks a lot.
    Clodioz - Thanks a bunch, man!
    Brendan N - Thank you, man! Happy to hear there is improvement here! It sometimes feel like 1 step forward and 2 steps back, haha. Guess thats a feeling we all share. Glad you like it all!
    wimhouben - nice first post, man - hehe. Thanks! Yeah, drawing is what its all about!

Rough morning speedy with some dirty curve adjustments inspired by the danish painter Kurt Trampedach.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice portrait, like the dirty look. left top is my fav.
    peez simon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zweiDee - thanks, mate - top left is the original one.

Comic book stuff from a story I had to kill. It would be way too long for what I had in mind and I was not really pleased with the style(or maybe I just want to draw more and paint less).

Last edited by Fellah.; January 10th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome sketchbook you've got Love those sketches and inked images at the top of this page. I agree though, those last two pages seem to be inconsistent. At first glance I couldn't really tell what made them look that way, and I'm still not really sure.

It has something to do with the colors probably, as the first panel is really warm while all the rest are very cool. The text balloons change color in every panel as well, which enhances this inconsistancy. Also, the lack of a real defined background in the first one opposed to a background in almost all of the panels to the right might cause this. Just my thoughts though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anurizm - thanks a lot, man!
    yoitisi - thanks, man! Great crit - I'm pretty sure you hit the trouble spot on! Took the first page down for further repair at some point. Appreciate the words, man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those comic pages are beautiful. Seriously, I think it's the type of thing the comic industry could use right now. way to go sir!

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a long time since I checked out your stuff, and it still kicks ass! I would really love to see more comic pages from you
    thank you for showing these!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Simon... I'm sorry I came late to write response ... you already had rearranged the pictures and removed some of the images. Story looks a bit different now and the main character too... I looked earlier and he looked younger and... how to say it... not yet seasoned. heh, so too speak... He had a very smooth, round, cat like face, you know, too fresh, too young, without any signs of past . I remember the position of the head was too common too, straight up front to us, could be a bit more complex if you don't mind me saying this...
    But overall I look with pleasure at the pages you show... I don't know much about comics styles but those look pretty unknown to me. I don't remember seeing anything like this before... except they are very much you...And that's good to see and recognize in those.

The mood they create is this:
    Grim, dangerous, dark city, sort of like sewage like atmosphere... dead buildings with windows shot... maybe there is someone behind them peeping, maybe none is looking out of them, not wanting to know whom the stranger at streets is looking for.
    Everyone is minding their own business, curiosity is dangerous and nonsense.

The man looks calm and composed too, dressed accurately, I would say even with elegance and self-esteem. Posture is full of calm self-assurance too. I would say he is a man with means and with a certain social status... Hat and his decent coat are of the style of bourgeois wore at the 1920th.

His hands are mostly in his pockets all the time,,, it is windy and he is extremely in control of his feelings . he should have elegant gloves on his hands I think... or it will be out of character I think . He all is very much armored and protected form outside with his clothes.
    He smokes despite anything what happens around him... It's a bit strange because he looks very youngish. Ha... I wonder if he still held a cigar in his mouth when he fell down the gutter in the image.
    It seems like dirty, suspicious looking town doesn't bother him.

The rat looks agitated though... first and only resident on streets.. My impression: this city is closed and like a vampire, like a black hole it only takes in other people energy, never gives out. This startled rat ... it feels like a victim of the city... the city dwells, fattens on its fear and emotion, sort of eats it, devours and spits out useless shell afterwards.
    Cold, powerful city with crazy lunatics on streets.
    The man is looking for soemthing and he is lost, but not confused. That's his job to be in trouble.

I like the simplicity of means in the images, Simon. I do love laconic language... it makes it harder job for you though, you need to be precise and much more expressive than with many details.

Remember... you once told me that you like Japanese art and added that it is very hard style to follow. I agreed but I didn't expect to hear that... Simplicity looks so easy to be achieved but it is not... the same is here... it demands so much of strict taste, like balancing on the rope.

I think drawings with added texture look a bit more expressive, but many drawings are already bull's eye from the beginning. Especially silhouettes of man's figure and the city. Color is good, cold, deep and rich. Color of suspense.

Crits: The man face: a bit too pretty and smooth and not wrapped in the air like the other objects are...

the picture with man's feet on the scratched floor.
    First of all, the box with future text is not well incorporated into the composition of the image... and second the perspective of the legs and feet is very different from the look from above on the floor and little box on the floor
    The feet don't stand firmly at floor as well. he is floating... lighting on the box is strangely different from the lighting on the legs...shadows are not consistent too I think and not best angle of the them for composition,,, should be better if they were not almost parallel to the base of the picture IMO.

But most of all perspective of the legs and feet is disturbing... I think with more overlapping it would be better, with a different angle of the legs contours. they need to grow faster up IMO.
    if you don't mind here is the photo to look and compare... sorry to annoy you with it, but it is with really good intentions and respect to your work as always.

http://www.michaelyork.com/downloads...ndingGreen.jpg

The composition of this image is not so good IMO... objects are too scattered form each other... would be better to group them more maybe or rethink distances between them IMO..

I think the size of the legs are not believable too comparing to the little box's size: perspective of distance is wrong i think

Boxes with texts... I'm not very fond of them now... too accurate and calculated looking you know... they kill a mood a bit maybe... with them rougher and more jagged it would be better maybe. half erased maybe.

------------
    I like the head you posted earlier... looks great and I can't tell which one is better. every variation adds its own additional nuance. but the shape of his head, the dark outline it forms in contrast with negative space is beautiful on its own... and the image has much more, expression, texture, rhythm, attitude, illusion of reality, of some brute standing in front of me and breathing heavy and ugly right in to my face...
    Hope you are doing great... I'm looking so much forward to your LMS piece... I know it will be some story for me to chew on.

Last edited by sve; January 14th, 2008 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you mix the letters in RAT you get ART.... just something that crossed my mind when looking at your stuff.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your art: drawing and paintings never leave me cold. You got your true viewer in me, Simon. After seeing them already and coming again they always stir emotion in me and it is consistently the same emotion.
    This last rough morning drawing is very attractive...one of the best head your drew. he is breathing as I already said...heavily, ugly... the head looks at me and communicates in a very vivid way.
    I missed so much you posting every day, seeing your thoughts and mood every day.
    I hope you send or planning to send your drawings or paintings, at least one but better more to Spectrum... They will be published I'm sure.
    deadlines is 25th Jan.
    I really wish you did it.
    Love
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...i guess this is why your in the "exclusive sketchbook" section. This stuff is off the chain...absolutely ridiculous... Goes to show, when someone thinks they've capped, theres always another level to achieve. You've pushed it man. Thanks for being a new inspiration for me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    um... I love you. yeah. WAIT, no. No. I really do. Your pencils make me sick to my stomach! I love them!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.... truly awsome awsome stuff... you have a great imagination and a good style. I aspire to maybe one day be like that myself

Currently residing in Michigan, but I have Maine maple syrup running through my veins.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are great. I really dig it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wonderful.

I wish my sketchbook was so tasty. That "blue sketch with the guy confronted by the many faced spirit" i liked especially.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your drawings rock my world!! Totally awesome. Thanks for sharing your sketchbook. Horror Rules!
    Jurny

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5