How to become a visible concept artist?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question How to become a visible concept artist?

Hello my name is Moses and I wantís to become a concept artist when I leave University. When I was slightly younger I didnít know how big the concept art world was and I didnít care, but now Iím older I know I need to work allot harder if I want to be visible in this industry. Now this is my basic profile I have your average drawing skills and Iím at a slightly educational disadvantage with only an Art and Design BETC National Diploma Level 2 under my belt and the age of 17 (Some think that thatís good bit its basic, I should have A Level). So does anyone have any advise on where I should start and what I should look in to to become visible and if you need any more information Iíll be glad to give some more.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Simple, just scroll brose in this forum, its the best.Just look in the employement questions, and silently read instead of writing questions.And btw, post some drawings, people will help you to improve with constructive crits here.

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to disagree with part of your answer there, TheGnoll- but don't be afraid to ask questions. Sure there are plenty of great ideas, hints & suggestions all around these boards but if you still don't get what you're looking for, never be afraid to ask.

Moses, I think for you- you've already answered part of your own question in the sense that you know you need to work harder already. So why not work harder on your drawing ability? Don't get hung up in the moment with what diploma, degree or ranking you have now. It's not going to matter once you get into a top notch art college. If the school's solid I'd be willing to bet almost everyone else there already has some form of art scholarship, won some major art contests, and has a ton of skill. Not only are these other students going to be your peers but in essence, they're also your competition.

Find a solid arts program to at a reputable art college. Most won't have a concept art program but lean on places that have solid Illustration & Industrial Design programs. Make sure they have a solid foundation in drawing & painting. See where their alumni have gone in the business (don't go off of graduation percentages, etc.- get names of individual people & places you can contact). Upon graduation they should be able to help you become more visible with their Career Services or Job Placement office. Your education is paramount here because it's only four years (technically, even though many people spend more than four years there); make the best of it. Keep an eye on the future and keep a focus on what lies beyond college. Again- don't get hung up on the moment.

One place you might want to start is: http://www.aicad.org/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to the both of you youíre for your possessive replies, Iíll do what you suggested. It was pure pressure and fear of coming out of university and not being good enough, butÖyes Iíll do what you suggested.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidamarox
    Thanks to the both of you youíre for your possessive replies, Iíll do what you suggested. It was pure pressure and fear of coming out of university and not being good enough, butÖyes Iíll do what you suggested.
    Fear can be a good thing when it motivates you to constantly strive farther than what you thought you could achieve. The only way you'll ever know if you're good enough is to put yourself out there in the business. Go to an art college, improve upon your skills there, network and take it all in. Build the platform that will propel you to the next level.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.