Thanks

MacBook Pro, anyone got one?

I just got a MacBook Pro as a graduation present for college.
    i got the 17 inch and i'll say it's the best laptop i've ever used.

it plays high-end games really well, runs graphics programs fast and smooth, video editing is just a breeze.

it's worth it if your looking for a high-end portable computer to do all your graphics and such.

share your opinions please
    "i'm so metal, i shit tanks"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sounds great! Congratulations. What apps and games do you run on it?
    Im waiting for Merom in August-september though.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    I thought I saw a lot of these at the Montreal Workshop.

Thanks
    Thats good to hear. I was wondering how the Intel hybrid would effect them. Hows the photoshop performance?

Thanks
    The laptop runs fast and real smooth. it's got the radeon x1600 256mb, as you may already know.

i have call of duty 2 on this and it runs really well, graphics maxed out without anti-aliasing.(mac version)

photoshop and painter run incredibly smooth, the brushes never lag and filters are almost instant.

i'm glad apple ditched their craptastic powerpc processors. The new intel chip really speeds things up dramatically. my digital artwork experience has never been better.

i've been thinking about what to do with my desktop pc. i built it and all. mostly use it for downloading shit and playing games.

i plan to put windows on this so my choice of games is more open, plus i hear games run 25% better or so in windows than OS X. i do like OS X better than windows. it's got alot of great features easy to use, looks good too. windows always had problems and bugs, every version of windows. but we all gripe and use it anyway since more software and games are available to windows only than both platforms or mac.

I heard with Leopard (Os X exspansion pack) will have a built in utility to run windows programs without any emulation in OS X. dunno if that's true, but that'd be awesome. i'd no longer have to use windows. then again there'd be no point in bootcamp.
    "i'm so metal, i shit tanks"

Thanks
    beware of some problems users had with the new macbooks...

it seems that has apparently various problems caused by a bad cooling system.
    The greatest pictorial value lies in all the things the camera cannot do.

my animavatar

Thanks

Macbook Pro Rumors

I want to get a Macbook Pro aswell. But I'm contemplating that maybe the 13" Macbook may be safer for the long run because of those rumors about the Pro.

Could some current owner please share their experience, as well as shed some light on those nasty rumors associated with the Pro?

Thanks
    The small macbook only has an integrated video card...meaning it isn't very powerful when it comes to 3D acceleration.

If you want a small laptop but want it to be more powerful than the macbook, I can recommend Dell XPS M1210. I have one and I really like it. Powerful and easy to carry around. I haven't really tried playing games on it though (but it should be much better than the macbook). I guess I'm not much of a gamer anymore...

Note though that a small laptop (anything with less than a 15" display [and around 1600x1200 resolution]) pretty much, IMHO, needs an external display if you're working in front of the computer all day...