Intuos Tablets

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Intuos Tablets

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intuos Tablets

OK So I don't know if I can ask another question so soon, but here goes.

I have a second hand Wacom Intuos A4 Graphic Tablet that I am learning with. If I can afford it should I upgrade to a new Intuos 3 Tablet and will I see some differences and also if I do upgrade, should I get an A5 or A4 size one.

I would love some advice from anyone with experience.

thanks so much

I need to be able to do this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I have an older Intuos at home, but use an Intuos 3 all day at work and I love it! Those programmable buttons were a fantastic idea and I use them often. Helps you to keep your hands more often then not around the tablet itself rather then bouncing back and forth to the keyboard.

I highly recommend it. As far as a size? Well, just go as big as you can, bigger is better with this type of thing in my opinion. I have a 6x8 and have made out fine, but I would go at least 9x12 now if I was going to purchase another.

Hope this helps!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By getting a new intuos A3, you will not see any difference in your drawing of lines (smoother, more confident) or rendering of shade/colors, if you are still learning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know which size you use.

If it's a very small board, then maybe I would upgrade to a bigger one.
    But bigger doesn't have to better, cause I know some people, who like to work on a A5 board rather than a A4 or bigger.

Cause the boards have the same resolution, the max resolution is spreaded wider on the bigger boards, which may allow you to work more selective.

The question of Intuous 1,2 or 3:

Hmmm, I work now for about 8 years on my Wacom A4 regular Intuous1.
    And I'am contented!
    You might have a look at my work, it's all high res about 50x70cm/300dpi, don't believe with a n Intuous3 it'd be exacter!

I don't know a reason for changing, as long the board is okay.
    And I don't like those fat pens on the Wacom 2 and 3 boards!

By the way, also the Wacom1 has programmable Buttons!
    I never used them! Using the keyboard with configured key functions is much faster!

But one last thing:

If you decide to buy a new board, then I wouldn't try to save the money on a smaller board.
    I think a Wacom is a buy for a lifetime, means you will keep it for years, as I use my own now for a very long time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It sounds like everyone is saying there is no real need to upgrade to the Intuos 3, the differences are nice to have but not essential. My Intuos 1 is A4 size but is serial connection and sometimes I have to reboot my PC if it stops working, which my friend said i wouldn't have to do if it was USB. So for now I will keep learning with it until father christmas buys me the Intious 3 board.

Thank you for all the good replies

I need to be able to do this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have the Intuous 2 12X18 drawing tablet it is great. I love the size and feel.
    my first tablet was a Aiptek HyperPen 6000u. it was very small and was not as good as the Wacom and I still have it.

I say go with what tablet fits you needs as an artist. I like to have a large drawing area and to g out a draw in public(coffe shops and book stores) yes it is hard to go out with a large tablet as the 12X18 isn't something you can put in a back pack but i picked up a nice art portfolio that the wacom fits in good and i can take my laptop and tablet out and just go draw.
    I thought of getting smaller tablet but it would be like drawing a napken after painting on a wall..
    I find the Intuous 2 12X18 great to work with and not sure if I'll got to a Intuous 3 as they seem not have a 12X18 in the verson on the wacoms.

I love to get one of the Cintiq's they rock for idea drawing. the new one 21.3"
    screen you draw on read here:
    http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/press...&prlanguage=uk

that would be just awsome to own.

I got my tablet after few days searching on line for around $700 but that was about year or so ago. so price should be better.

G

will have to sell a lot of work to get one..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.