I had to see for myself! WHO WOULD WIN THUNDERDOME ROUND 2?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,593 Times in 2,200 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I had to see for myself! WHO WOULD WIN THUNDERDOME ROUND 2?

I had no food...no fuel...no perfume...each of these were as good as gold in the world of thunderdome. If I wanted to see the big fight..the big trouble...I would have no choice but to sneak under the barbed wire and find a place to hide...a place where i could see the fight and not be noticed.

I easily found that place from which i could watch. I climbed atop an old fighter jet which had been buried nose deep near the back gate of the arena. It was like a statue to all...inscribed in the wings were these words: "It will not be machine that rules thunderdome, it will be strength, will, and
    creativity!"

It was noon but dark outside...spectators had gathered from many of the free lands for a battle like no other. the success of the first thunderdome battle had spread quickly. Viscious entertainment in the wasteland was food for the soul. It was packed.

I watched as the participants arrived in the arena...the crowd
    yelling...screaming..spitting. Stares and glares from those battle ready fighters started the first of the fires. The drums of battle were pounding.

In seconds blood flowed across the dirt floor. three fighters went down...blindsided by the largest most ferosciously disgusting woman I had ever seen. She crashed into them...pounding the smaller fighters with her weight...devouring them in one hit...biting them..feasting on flesh. I saw a surfboard fly into the air and a remaining piece of lizard tail scurry across the sand in a futile attempt to distract the predator. the crowd roared with pleasure!

I could not believe what I was now witnessing... a giant rat blasted by an elephant gun..its master taking her own life in duress...things too terrible to tell...but i shall tell them anyway.

The arena struggle, at its peak was horrifying...one of the battling fighters was commanding a puppet...she flicked her arms and dismanted her red armored opposer with with an explosive charge...one breath in, and her face was covered by a large brainlike creature. The pupetteer fell to the bloody mud...the brain scurried away with her eyeballs and tongue.

a batlike..no catlike..creature dove from the sky. darting in and out of the
    crowd attacking spectators and gladiators alike. it was not doing much
    damage but it was obvious that it was diverting attention away from its
    master. The cat creatures leader darted behind a post and piles of fresh
    corpses. Crouched, ready to pounce she sat there. I could see here eyes as
    she focused on her opponents. Shots rang out...she fired from her foxhole
    of bodies. a tentacled creature slammed into the opposite post and slid to
    the floor...two more shots blasted from her gun...a small yet striking woman in black slumped to the earth..a lizard familiar splattered on the wall behind her.

participant after participant was defeated in the battle...a red bandana from one of the early kills was being swung around and around by one of the onlookers...another lizard covered in armor was crushed by an extremely large woman...It's tattooed master hooked and pulled under the big womans skirt...entrails spilled upon the floor...the huge dressed fighter
    stumbled...her expression blank...eyes rolled back...dying, she drove her weight to the ground and crushed the very fighter who had disembowled her as well as her own helper.

a ninja dove from the rafters and quickly gored a skull monkey before turning on its red fleshed master. Enraged the red mutant threw her spear the ninja spun to the side and managed to nearly escape a certain deathblow...shots fired...the ninja fell...its beautiful doglike familiar lapped up blood across the room and failed to notice that it was now alone. aarows from the black heroine with flowing locks pierced its hungry flanks. from the side I noticed a blue skinned mutantess holding aloft the head of the hero of thunderdome round one. Slinging it like a ball and chain she smashed the skull of the black locked heroine. the mutant shield at her side lept upon the blue skinned woman who attacked its mistress and
    both fell in a heap of blood and death.

I watched a monkey with a gun get hauled off by a large eagle. I saw a woman with blue tattoos and a woman with blades like a peacock behead each other at the same time. With my own eyes I witnessed another monkey with a giant
    club smash a mutant critter hard enough to break all his bones and splinter his many axes.

It was not long before the two cyborg dog beasts met head to head. What a fight that was! Guts and metal shards splattered the arena. Seconds later arrows from a heavily armored but beautiful woman pierced
    them both. Her orange familiar seemed to grow and find strength with each kill. I saw it double in size before it was finally destroyed by the
    obese fighter with her medicine man.

Bodies were falling all around...the crowd was INSANE! I could not help but to cover my eyes at times.

When I looked again there were only three fighters still alive. I noticed behind them that the judges were all chanting for their favorite...rooting them on.

The lithe little woman with the striped stockings was still behind the pile of bodies. she seemed too small and delicate to meet either of the other women face to face. She was obviously out of ammunition. Her sword at ready she waited for a chance to leap from her hiding place and run her victim through. The other two did not even know she was there. Her flying cat, now exhausted, lay at her side unmoving.

The other two remained aware of each other..the obese fighter and her healer were squaring up against a
    wildlooking woman a shaved head and her horned mutant underling. They all
    stepped over bodies as they circled one another. Neither looking to see if they stepped
    on someone still barely alive. They wanted the same thing. They wanted the prize of
    thunderdome!

It was then that I saw the end. The obese fighter stepped to the side, hunching over in near exhaustion
    The birds in her earings flapped about wildly. She pulled both from her ears and crunched them in her teeth in order to intimidate her final opponent. She spit blood and feathers at them. In anger, the horned creature rushed the obese woman and jumped. His small powerful
    jaws latched upon the obese womans face. She in turn pulled off his limbs. Patching wound to wound, darting
    around and across her body. It was then that the tide turned,
    I saw the medicine man mistake his obese
    mistress's bitten mouth for a bloody wound. He lunged to close the wound caused by the horned monster in order to heal his beloved. It was then that he was quickly gulped down by the very person he was trying to help. a bristled bloody tongue and two broken teeth were the last things he saw as he was slimed back and down her throat.

The distraction made by during the horned familiars attack gave its mistress
    enough time to reload her crossbow but not enough time to fire it. The much bigger woman
    charged forth with quickness
    one could not expect and fell upon her prey. It was right at the point of victory that the Massive
    woman felt it...something she never felt before...a long sword pierced her back and heart and chest. Darkness.

The delicate flower that had hidden for so long...who had smartly taken her shots, raised her hands in victory. her sword fell to the ground...her winged cat, once proud, lay motionless. the crowd stood..chanting..raving...MADNESS!! final victory!!! then they went silent.

beneath the dead obese woman a crossbow lifted. its bolt shot quickly through the girls neck whom seconds before had thought victorious. She fell to the floor. Dead.

slowly but surely the winner pulled herself from under the obese pile of flesh that had tried to crush her. She was broken, near death, and nearly beaten...but she had survived to fight again another day.

I sat still...the cold metal of the jets wing was on my arms...less than one hour had passed
    yet I was a changed man. I now knew...knew that one day, I too would fight in thunderdome!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,593 Times in 2,200 Posts
    Follows
    Following

thunderdome winner and top scores from the judges

First off, we want to thank everyone who participated in round two of
    Thunderdome. The effort and turnout was tremendous. We were entertained by
    each and every one of the entries. Everyone of us has our favorites. some
    made us laugh..some freaked us out...others even inspired us. Definitely,
    this was the best art contest Ive watched. The judges were very happy with
    all the entries.

There were three judges. Not one judge agreed on who the winner would be.
    It was genuinely THAT close. I really feel bad that a winner had to be
    picked. All images were heavily argued over...each image was closely looked
    at and considered by the judges. Every image was a success in different
    ways.

the top entries for each judge were considered for scoring in the below
    areas.

1 idea developmen/content

2 technique

3 personal preference/appeal

again, not one judge agreed on who the first place artist would be.
    averaged scoring betweem the judges scores enabled a winner to be picked.
    .................................................. .......

scores are as follows (totals based on a 1-10 score from each judge in each
    category)

entry number 1: 74.5
    IDEA- 23
    TECHNIQUE- 27.5
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE- 24

entry number 4: 75
    IDEA- 25
    TECHNIQUE- 25
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-25

entry number 7: 73
    IDEA- 25
    TECHNIQUE- 24
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-24

entry number 9: 71
    IDEA- 24
    TECHNIQUE- 23
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-24

entry number 11: 72
    IDEA- 26
    TECHNIQUE- 22
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-24

entry number 15: 72
    IDEA- 26
    TECHNIQUE- 22
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-24

entry number 19: 74.5
    IDEA- 30
    TECHNIQUE- 20
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-24.5

entry number 20: 71
    IDEA- 25
    TECHNIQUE- 22
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-24

entry number 27: 72.5
    IDEA- 24
    TECHNIQUE- 26
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE-22.5

.................................................. ......................

in the end.....

THE LAST ONE STANDING BELONGED TO MCNALLYISM!!
    (image number 4 for those who want to know)

with an average score of 75 IMAGE NUMBER 2 came in just a few percentage
    points over the others..

IMAGE 19 and IMAGE 1 tied for a close second..each with their own strengths
    holding them over the others.

again...all images were a success.

j

PS...I love the cat in the first image..very cool... though, I have three cats so im biased.

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah! That was it!

Great report...i didn't expect this way of summary...great idea!

Can't wait to see next round results!

Thank you, conceptart.org-admins and -members!

How about the results for every entry, so the artists can see, where they have to improve??? Maybe a PM if it's too long for a thread...

:chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :cry: :clapping2 :cry: :chug: :clapping2 :cry: :clapping2 :chainsaw:
    that was truely awesome, well worth the wait, great job you guys rock. the stroy you wrote for thunderdome was awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Wow!
    That is indeed a great summary of our efforts. McNallyism rules the day! Sedone proved too weak in the end! A horde of hastily mutated creatures now wait for the Thunderdome to be cleared of refuse. Or maybe those who where too weak in this fantastic bout end up in the monsters' mouths?

Great job everybody!

Portfolio: www.torsteinnordstrand.com
    Working on / for: Age of Conan / Funcom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow SEAN!

MCNALLISM PREVAILS ONCE AGAIN FIRST DESIGN CLASS NOW THIS!!!

CONGRATULATION TO ALL!

-Joshua

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow. What a story, Jason! You are an evil, evil man to put that trick ending in there, though. I was just about to commit ritualized suicide before I read the last couple of sentences!! I am truly honored to recieve the coveted Thunderdome prize, yet humbled by the slim margin through which I achieved victory. This was a great contest, and the fact that the resolution was so close is, I think, a testament to the talent and the effort put forth by the members of conceptart.org. Thank you for making this forum as fun as it is!

Now I got a message for the former thunderdome champ:

I gots yer crown now, buddy, and its gonna be sitting on MY shelf for awhile, so if you want it back, COME AND GET IT!! ...and have a nice day.

Here's to looking forward to a conceptart.org victory in round 3!

-Sean

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats to the winner!
    Very nice blow by blow commentary as well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe i'm lame, but which pic won?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Second picture from the top, Finger. Never a doubt in my mind...

Portfolio: www.torsteinnordstrand.com
    Working on / for: Age of Conan / Funcom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see, nice choice.

Blankfrank Guest
    Congrats to da champion. No doubt about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CONGRADULATIONS THUNDERDOME CHAMPION!!!
    i AM APOLOGETIC AS well as honored to tie for second place. Again those who finished thier piece i am truley apologetic for not finishing my fat chick.
    I promise round 3 will be different.

p.s. love the extra effort on the story

Oblio is offline Pointless. 1st CA student. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Haleloiuah

YES! Wonderfull work EVERYONE! (Hey Jason, nice ceremony)
    Yet... my favofite has lost. I have been praying for two beauties - the fat-beauty and the sexy red one (Entry 20) - I (yes I) will revenge you in the next fight!
    This is official - the Aprentice goes to war! Prepare for my thunderdome monster! :realmad: :machinegu :rambo:

- Hey - gongrats to you ALL - I admire you! (If it counts )

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That was a great story Jason!! I loved the ending. Congratulations to the victor!!! and excellent work was produced by all, actually, more like astounding.

Uhmmm, just one little thing though, why no info/names? I have no idea who is who. I am an artist, numbers are beyond me Let's see some names, especially with who produced each piece as well as which member actually came in second and third. I only know that McNallyism came in first. Unless of course, there is a reason that I missed reading somewhere :doh:

Otherwise, awesome contest!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.