CHOW#32 - Visarra - Orc Female Beauty

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

CHOW#32 - Visarra - Orc Female Beauty

ROUND #32

PLEASE CONSOLIDATE YOUR WIPS AND FINALS INTO YOUR FIRST POST.

CLEARLY DESIGNATE YOUR FINAL.

DESCRIPTIONS ARE MANDATORY.

PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC

(you can add CA logo, etc).

Please save your files starting with your nickname.

example: "Oblio_CHOW23_Platformer33 copy copy.jpg"
    -------------------------
    DEADLINE
    SUNDAY, JULY 9th
    The way the deadline works: if deadline is on a Sunday and your image is posted on that Sunday 23:59 your local time it's a good entry.
    In fact - as long there is Sunday somewhere on the planet your entry is ok. I will make the poll sometimes Monday afternoon my time (GMT +2) yet i'll have a look at the last entries.

--------------------------
    Visarra - Orc Female Beauty
    Every race has beauties but Visarra went beyond that. For orcs she was unreal. And to make the story even harder to believe... her love affair that casted her out of her kingdom... was with a Dwarf named Gunka... they both had to be outcast. Unreal as it seems.. the story is true.
    Now... concept!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sounds funny, but...I'd like to see a more open ended CHow sometime.

Thanks
    being that i have a secret fetish for orc women.....imd efinately in. oh cmon, everyone likes a fictional character of some sort......dark elves, half elves, orcs..trolls (when theyre hot....)...cmon,

Asoir: open ended? cmon ...we're CONCEPT artists, its up to US to make it interesting, while operating within the demands of our employer, right? it is what you make it

Last edited by marco nelor; July 3rd, 2006 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks
    interesting topic!

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Sadly, forbidden love is a forever kind of theme. A small part of me would have liked to see a happily-ever-after to Brokeback Mountain, but the other part knows happily-ever-after really only works for Disney and audiences under the age of ten. Tragedy is the most appreciated form of drama for a reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neorepto
    Sadly, forbidden love is a forever kind of theme. A small part of me would have liked to see a happily-ever-after to Brokeback Mountain, but the other part knows happily-ever-after really only works for Disney and audiences under the age of ten. Tragedy is the most appreciated form of drama for a reason.
    hahahah truth!

I'll be entering something in here. it seems my stuff is never up to par with everyone elses' stuff, but I'm definately trying nonetheless. these Chows are definately a way to help generate my little imagination machine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Asoir
    Sounds funny, but...I'd like to see a more open ended CHow sometime.
    This is pretty damn open ended. The topic is: Beautiful Female Orc.

Beautiful is in terms of the race, so really anything you draw you could say is beautiful (although I dont doubt the winner will have femininity to it).
    And Orc doesnt have to mean any of the things the established fantasies have defined them as.

How much more openended does it get?

A thread full of wildly different Orcs:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...&highlight=orc

Last edited by wassermelone; July 3rd, 2006 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    heheh, I just noticed this thread. This seems like a real challange! I'll make a try at something and hope I don't embarress meself=).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wassermelone

Beautiful is in terms of the race, so really anything you draw you could say is beautiful (although I dont doubt the winner will have femininity to it).
    And Orc doesnt have to mean any of the things the established fantasies have defined them as.

Well since the one she is currently engaged to is a dwarf, I doubt it will be a hot babe that looks like elves.

Thanks

Visarra Gunka: wife to the dwarf governor Osik Gunka, exiled daughter of the orc King Bassak Albrog, entrpeneur, fashion designer, international beauty and style guru. Visarra's natural beauty became apparent in early childhood and as the daughter of King Albrog she was in a perfect position to be groomed for an appropriate arranged marriage. When she defied her father's will and married her true love, Osik Gunka, both were forever banished from Albrog's kingdom, never to return. Following their secret marriage, Visarra and Osik took up residence in the dwarf territory of Bormak, where Osik holds the governorship. Being a governor's wife in exile from her own people has become a privledged but somewhat dull life for Visarra over the years. She busies herself with managing and caring for her beauty. She's found within herself a strong creative impulse she channels into clothing design and formulating skin care products from exotic natural ingredients. Dwarf women in particular, she believes, need all the help she can give them. One of her more noted fashion innovations are the shoes she's pictured wearing. She designed them specifically with the dwarf woman in mind. The fad never really caught on, sadly. Like many an extraordinary outcast, Visarra Gunka was ahead of her time.

Last edited by Michael Jaecks; July 9th, 2006 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
Shit you were fast neorepto!

haha, fun topic, I may join in this time

Thanks
    And you all have my solemn promise... there were no orc ladies in my sketchbook before today. Seriously though, the ladies really are not my forte'. I really have to pay attention to the reference. And I have no idea what I'm doing for the clothes. My ref only has... ahem...the shoes.

And Dile, I just looked at your sketchbook. On page 11 there's this 3d render of a mask like thing... is that... a Lego Bionicle head? It looks like it could be. Legos rock.

Last edited by Michael Jaecks; July 3rd, 2006 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks

So yeah I was going to post a story then I took a look at the other entries and then decided ahh screw it. Im not that happy with the end result anyway. So many good entries.

Last edited by Landauart; July 10th, 2006 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks
    something quick I knocked out in about fifteen minutes, just because the concept made me laugh. XD

I might have a "proper" go later on. Like, when it's not almost 3am. ;)

Thanks
    Finly: that pair of undies is reaaaally riding up her crotch, for your information. Must Be the tiredness right? Otherwise pretty sexy. For an orc of course. Which make me think: what is beautiful in orc terms anyway? Tusks you can hang your helmet on. A sparkly emerald skin teint. Extra grizzled ears or super strong er, muskus? Er, anyway ...

Thanks
    I love that sketch Landau. I have no clue how I'm going to approach this, if at all. I tried and tried and every sketch just went in the garbage. Hmmmm... I wish there were more orc references. it's the anatomy that's driving me crazy!

Thanks
    I did a yahoo image search, and although there arent a ton of female orcs, there are a few to get reference from. Lots of them look like female human body builders times ten. I went in a different direction though, because it sounds to me like Visarra is the exception to the rule times ten.

Thanks
    I am a little mystified by your guys need for reference.
    Why would you need to go out there and look at what other people think orcs look like in order to produce another image of an orc? Orcs don't exist, so the word reference isn't in order here. Unless you need reference for anatomy (which is mishapen humanoid) use your imagination, take what you know from LOTR and Warcraft and step out of it.
    Some creative thinking is in order, people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carotello
    I am a little mystified by your guys need for reference.
    Why would you need to go out there and look at what other people think orcs look like in order to produce another image of an orc? Orcs don't exist, so the word reference isn't in order here. Unless you need reference for anatomy (which is mishapen humanoid) use your imagination, take what you know from LOTR and Warcraft and step out of it.
    Some creative thinking is in order, people.
    I think the use of reference and its value is a point that will always get debated. I, for one, always feel like I'm getting barked at to use more reference than I do. In addition to anatomical reference, looking at things other people have done before can help you identify trends to follow, or veer away from. In any event, no matter how creatively one thinks they think, no one works in a vacuum, and I think its wise to pay attention to that as a part of the process.

There is also the (debatable) arguement that working only from within, one tends to repeat onesself. Looking for reference from outside is one way to combat that tendency. I've never known anyone to have an imagination that was truly infinite.

Thanks
    Neo- try adding cool colors to your shadows and warm colors to your highlights .

takes second look- the highlights are fine just get rid of the heavy black outline.

the black fllattens the piece. good start though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
  • hahahah, neorepto its a combine mask lol
    I dunno if you were kidding me, or if you wanted to make me feel bad, or
    if my model did just sucked, however, its an combine mask!
    and, it was unsmoothed, check page 10 instead

Thanks
    Landauart: Thank you for the help, I'll use it. I've only been coloring over black and white renders for a short time and I need all the help and feedback from other sets of eyes that I can get. I'm actually surprised with how far I've gotten though. I've never really felt like working from photo reference was once of my strong points. I certainly feel like I've exceeded what I thought I was capable of previously, and I want to push this as far as I can before the deadline, so believe me, your advice (and anyone else who has some) is really appreciated.

Dile: oh I wouldnt make fun of you, I liked it, Bionicle or not. It just has the feel of the heads on those toys, which incidentally also wear masks. Heck, I'd work for Lego if they called. Nothin' wrong with that. Your sketchbook thread is really great. Look at you go with that workspace! If you saw my workspace you'd see a wacom, a laptop, a small table in the corner of a coffeeshop and the empty cup which previously contained my fifth dose of caffine that day.

Landauart, update... still working on your suggestion, but I need to break for tonight. But you were totally right, its really helping.

Last edited by Michael Jaecks; July 4th, 2006 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks
    wikipedia's got a lot of different orc descriptions from different stories, games, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orc

Thanks
    I've finally got a concept. maybe I'll post a WIP in here for once.

Thanks
    heya! here`s my orky
    depending on my free time maybe i`ll work some more on this.
    i know it looks sketchy, but its just the style i like

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Define.
    I love that sketch Landau. I have no clue how I'm going to approach this, if at all. I tried and tried and every sketch just went in the garbage. Hmmmm... I wish there were more orc references. it's the anatomy that's driving me crazy!
    Thanks Define. I am trying to take my art in a direction like Skottie Young/ Humberto Ramos "more urban street style" but still give it a soft render and make it work for concept art. Ill probably only end up making a big mess though.

Thanks

Wip

Well im working on this one and im aproching it more from a concept stand point than an illustration. Am also thinking about what an orc would think is bautiful. I think im guna make the hips wider "child bearing hips".

WIP

Last edited by Wafflehouseninja; July 10th, 2006 at 12:51 AM.
    Member of Team Insect Battle X-Tream !
    <-Drop-Shadow Infiltrator->

The Waffle house sketch book.

Room 301!

Thanks
    Some rough sketches

Oh yeah, the dwarf's a chick dwarf in my concept, is that okay?
    This one's for Marco Nelor, hehe
    Description:
    In Orc society exeggerated features in the female body like a large sized breast, belly and thighs, are idolized (think Venus of Willendorf). The more you have on you and the more you show it off, the more you will progress within the society and the higher will be the rank of the mates you could choose from and eventually the less you would have to work, therefor female orcs are all almost completely nude most of the time aside from body paint and accessories to make their features look bigger and more impressive and tend their bodies according to the ideal. It's a non-stop contest, and orcs know not the meaning of sublime.
    Visarra triggers something different and utterly uncommon in the male orcs: mystery, intrigue. She is extremely clothed for a female orc, quiet, not so outwardly focused, completely different. The reason for her nature: she doesn't care for the non-stop contest that is the orc society, and quite likes working, helping her ill father, once a powerful figure amongst his people. Although she isn't interested, everyone's interested in her. The males want her, the females hate her.
    All she wants is quiet, but the tension is high. It doesn't take long before she goes more further away from her people every time she needs to go out to bathe in the river, or to do a daily chore.
    Further away and further up, further then any orc scout. Suddenly, someone different, which her eyes are not accustomed to see. not one of her own, someone small, equipped for war, a spy. She attacks it.
    How this became a romance with the female dwarf Gunka, is unimportant, but yet the outcome. Upon discovering the affair, both societies rejected the ones which once were their own.
    To live alone, with no one but eachother they are destined.

-Stav

Last edited by croovman; July 8th, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
    Freedom is awesome.
    www.croovman.deviantart.com/gallery

On-going project - RATS!

Thanks
    Waffle, that's an extremely lovely sketch!!

Freedom is awesome.
    www.croovman.deviantart.com/gallery

On-going project - RATS!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wassermelone

Those are pretty good Orcs...I'm convinced!

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.