3rd Annual Create-A-Jam Contest! Time to VOTE!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 3rd Annual Create-A-Jam Contest! Time to VOTE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3rd Annual Create-A-Jam Contest! Time to VOTE!

Hello, I've been a lurker here for many, many moons and figured it was about time I got set up. Since I was here I thought it might be nice to let everybody know that GLOBAL COMIC JAM is having their biggest contest of the year! I am just falling over with excitement because it is time for our 3rd Annual Create-A-Jam contest!

If you don't remember how it goes let me refresh your memory. From July 1st through July 31st we will be taking submissions of your BEST 1st page to a comic jam. It can be in any style and in any genre, it just has to be a page long and can't be offensive. At the end of the month we will take all the entries and there will be a week long vote to see which will become our 21st online comic jam. Enter as many times as you like, work by yourself or in teams! Also keep in mind that all pages must be inked or colored, no inked pencils will be accepted.

Everyone is welcomed to participate, you don't ever have to have contributed to our site before. Rush on down to Global Comic Jam now and visit the Official 3rd Annual Create-A-Jam page for all the details. Also catch the Create-A-Jam fever by checking our past contests, 2004 and 2005. Our last contest drew our a whopping 25 entries so we will have some giant shoes to fill!

Email any and all question to me at jv7x@yahoo.com or post them up here. I will be happy to answer them. You are also welcomed to swing by the Global Comic Jam forums for all the latest news about our biggest event! Hope to see you all there. Good luck and get cracking!

Hope that wasn't too spam-y

JV

Last edited by jv7x; August 14th, 2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Change Title
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah yes - this is a GREAT idea. I'm totally going to be a part of this again this year !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And here is my entry into the contest :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So far we only have 9 entries so far for this year's Create-A-Jam contest and a bunch of members, new and old, that swear they have a page coming. So being the push over that I am, I decided to extend the deadline for submissions until Sunday, August 13th. That's an extra 2 weeks for anyone other there with a killer idea and no time left to get it down on paper.

If you want to see how the competition is stacking up check out the Create-A-Jam index page. There you will find all the rules and the 9 entries we have so far. If nothing else be ready to vote come August 14th! The winner will be our newest jam!

JV

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3 days left before the deadline and we are up to a respectable 14 entries. There is still plenty of time to get your one page masterpiece in for consideration. Who knows, your page might go on to be our biggest jam yet!

If you are not an artist but just a lover of great comics then swing by and check out all the great comics so far and then make sure you come back on August 14th to vote for your favorite. Invite everyone you know to join up and get in on the fun.

JV

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last day of the Create-A-Jam contest! To anyone out there with a page on the drawing board, get it in ASAP!

For everyone else, time to change gears and start spreading the word to everyone you know to come and vote for their favorite page come Monday August 14th. Voting will last for 7 days and is open to anyone and everyone. Once the submission period is over I will post the voting rules.

Be on the look out!

JV

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Comic Lovers,

Well the submission period for Global Comic Jams 3rd Annual Create-A-Jam contest is now over and we are switching gears. Now it is time to vote! It's sper simple just:

1. Go to the Official Contest Page and read all 17 entries.

2. Pick your 5 favorites and then go to the VOTE THREAD in our forums.

3. Follow the instructions and then tell your friends to do the say.

Voting will end on Sunday, August 20th, so there is no time to lose! Remember, voting is open to everyone so tell everyone!

Thanks Everybody!
    JV

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, hey, hey

The 20th is finally here and that means that we pick a winner tomarrow to be our new jam. But you still have time to vote! Get your votes in ASAP cuz everyone of matters. And then come by bright and early Monday morning to see who wins.

JV

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.