Lurid Sensation
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Lurid Sensation

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lurid Sensation

hey this is a sketch/drawing of a picture i want to paint and also use pastels on, but i m just looking for some c&c on it mainly about that design thing with all the swirly lines , so if you guys can just let me know what you think that would be awesome. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well that looks pretty interesting already.
    I know you want crit on the lines but here's two cents on the rest. I really like the line quality on the face. Not really sure what's going on with the underside tip of the nose tho. Did you use reference for the head ?

The thing you might want to imprive before slaving away on it are your swirly lines quality. They suffer in a few places but especially at the bottom of the piece. I highly recommend reworking them either using french curves or making your own stencil with a vector program.
    I recently re-did one of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends splash title screen for a joke in Illustrator and Photoshop. What you have here reminds me how much I learnt from this little exercice, especially with composition, line quality, thick'n'thin in vector, dynamism, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You said you want crits on the abstract curves. Well, the space between her face and the curve in the top righthand corner is a little bit awkward, I think. The space that's there now is a bit divisive and stagnant. Perhaps if you made the curve bow out slightly more to the left, so that it could be overlapped by the top of her head, the image would flow a little bit better.

Same thing with the curve at the very bottom of the image. If it were enlarged and made to extend off the page, it would keep the space around it from seeming so stagnant.

I really like her face, though, the line quality and her expression.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.