Thanks

Oh man, Dragonforce!

Don't know if anyone knows these guys, but they rock so hard! Their songs are just a hella lot of fun, and some of the most inspiring stuff I've ever heard! Inhuman Rampage rocks the socks off anything else I've headbanged to before! It's soooo fast, and the guitar's soooo good! I mean, hot damn! I picked up their new album last week and I can't stop listening to it! Think Iron Maiden, mixed with Megadeth, and crank the tempo waaaaaay up! Amazing shit!

Anyone else here in love with Dragonforce? Or know any other bands on their level?
    Last edited by TechLoveAffair; June 28th, 2006 at 04:36 AM.
    Procrastinator At Work - Eventually!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

"The problem is, the world these kids create for themselves is at first a very crude one. If you leave a bunch of eleven-year-olds to their own devices, what you get is Lord of the Flies."
    -Paul Graham

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    much slower but in terms of "quality" there would be of course "Blind Guardian" from germany and of course Stratovarius. But you are right...Dragonforce are faaaaaast like Eddie Van Halen on speed @_@ I really love "Valley of the Damned"...that solo in there blew me outta my boots ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Damn, only a week late

Blind Guardian's good, but I already listened to their stuff too much Gonna have to check out Stratiovarius. I just popped in Lamb of God: new american gospel. Good stuff, especially "Nippon" and "Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard."

Hell yes Valley of the Damned

"The problem is, the world these kids create for themselves is at first a very crude one. If you leave a bunch of eleven-year-olds to their own devices, what you get is Lord of the Flies."
    -Paul Graham

Thanks
    So incredibly cheesy. Almost to a Luca Turilli level of cheese. They are technically very good musicians, but IMHO it's just silly noise for the most part.
    If you want to hear fast guitar in a slightly less fantasy-cheese-metal setting, try Impellitteri or Racer X.
    Symphony X, IMHO, make a much better go of the fantasy/orchestral metal genre, they have much more interesting and varied compositions. Dragonforce is all "how fast can we hit the bass drum and alternate pick?"...

Thanks
    I like the cheesiness...The first song in Inhuman Rampage is tha bomb.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    yeah, great music to listen to if you run
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    I heard about them when they published Valley of the damned. At that time I liked bands like rhapsody so dragonforce came along pretty nice. IMO "The valley of the damned" doesn't have a bad track, but when I heard sonic firestorm (I think that's the name) I was a bit disapointed.. Anyway nowdays I'm not atracted to cheesy vocals anymore, growls suit me much better
    '...men must be free from
    boundaries, patterns and
    consistencies in order to be free
    to think, feel and create in new ways'
    [Sketchbook]

Thanks
    heard them quite some time ago, but i still love em. their music isnt really worth all that much, but its so damn fun. Nothing gets your blood pumping more than Soldiers of The Wasteland. Im seeing them at the end of july, i'll tell you how it goes.

Thanks
    the name is so cheesy haha but it reminds how fun rock n roll is.

Thanks
    I'll be seeing them at Ozzfest in St. Louis. Anyone else gonna see it?

They rock hardXcore. Period.
    SSG #11 is louder than 10.
    Taj | SkapeGoat | Dose206 | Noë | Cromsoneye | Tie | wil.whalen

Thanks
    MoP: The cheesiness is the best part man And if you think Dragonforce is crazy, check this out(Google video). My jaw hit the floor.

-Paul Graham

Thanks
    Last year in college my friends got me into Dragonforce. guitar on speed.

Thanks
    It's good stuff, grand

In fact, I'm listening to Dragonforce right now. Booya!

-Paul Graham

Thanks
    Dragon Force does kick alot of ass but recently I stumble upon Avalancha. It's a spaniard band that sounds just like Dragon Force but somehow (dare I say it?) Better. The guitarist is amazing and the lyrics just as good (well... if you are not a christian anyways)
    FarFallen Monster
    There is a darkness in my heart... a everlasting pain... it has killed the man... but a monster has remained...

Thanks
    Prepare yourself for a gripping, exhilarating ride on January 9th, 2006. On that date, DragonForce release their hotly awaited third album, ‘Inhuman Rampage’. The title is an apt summation of a devastating musical journey, an unstoppable force that the six-man group’s forthcoming tour of duty will leave devastated cities in its wake. Combing the primal force of power metal with hard-earned musical proficiency, old-school thrash and generous quantities of muscular melody in a unique style that they call ‘extreme power metal’, DragonForce have established themselves as THE heavy metal band of the past year.
    pld: pld: pld: pld: pld: pld:

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    DragonForce kicks ass, it's cool. Avalanch (not Avalancha), like Mazelure said.. also kicks major ass. But I'm rather fond of their older albums more than the new ones. You people want more bands like this? You should try listening to Iced Earth, Shadow Gallery, Saratoga (from Spain), Tierra Santa (also from Spain), Warcry (again, Spain) Symphony X. Vhaldemar. Viking. Wolfsangel. And last but not least, the great Yngwie Malmsteen. Surely there are other bands out there I could have named but I just forgot them for the moment...

Just great music!

later,
    GRiNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    wow...since when does Power Metal blossom in Spain ? o_O argh i have to lay off the Death-Metal stuff for a while and listen into some of the Bands you mentioned GriNGoLoCo
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    well I'm not sure their Power Metal (i have a hard time making a difference between some of the genres), but they kick ass non the less. Which death metal band do you hear by the way corky?
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Haha! I love Dragonforce..and yeah, definatly for the cheese factor. I found out last night that they are going to be at the House of Blues down here in Orlando on the 18th of next month....might have to venture out of the cave for that.
    Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

Thanks
    seeing them in 6 days, hoo yes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGoLoCo
    well I'm not sure their Power Metal (i have a hard time making a difference between some of the genres), but they kick ass non the less. Which death metal band do you hear by the way corky?
    rifght now ? I bought "Zyklon - Disintegrate" a few days ago...its nice tho I prefer the more melodic stuff like Hypocrisy or Arch Enemy (you can`t go wrong with growling blondes )
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Thought I'd throw in my support for Dragonforce too. I got into them via Gamma Ray, and DF coming up in my Amazon recommendations and me noticing they were on the same record label. I'd recommend Gamma Ray to anyone who likes Dragonforce, by the way. I can't decide which of them I prefer.

Thanks
    Man, you're all so lucky to go see Dragonforce this year. I'm too poor

At least I've got Google Video. Some kid decided to DDR to Dragonforce. The kid says he was sick, and that's why he got such a 'bad score.' Man, watch his points fly up, it's insane. I only wish I could see what kind of idiot he looked like with his feet flying all over the place

-Paul Graham

Thanks
    fuck he's insane!

Thanks
    With all that time used to make this the kid could have been learning to play the guitar that way...such a waste of time...
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    i saw Dragon Force with Between the Buried and Me last week. Best fucking concert i've ever been to. Dragonforce live is just astonishing. Im sure some of you think that there's got to be a level of audio-doctoring and studio magic behind their music, but its absolutely untrue. These guys werent even looking at their guitars while they played, they're that good. Their stage antics make it that much better. Sam (guitarist) came out already stumbling and visibly drunk, and then proceded to drink about 7 beers throughout the concert... through a straw, while soloing. I could go on for hours about how good it was, but i'll just say this: it would be a sin not to see them, if the opportunity arises.

Thanks
    Dang, I really have to save up some money to see them! Did they have a good moshpit?

I agree with you, corky13. He could have such a badass solo going on right now

-Paul Graham

Thanks
    at first there was a pit, but then the awe of the music set into everyone, and we just felt the music and did whatever without the need to break eachother's noses.

Thanks
    heavy/power metal doesn't have very good moshpits :| the music compensates though.