Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

RNS Sings The Body Electric...

Alrighty, I've been lurking for a while and I've finally gotten the courage to start a thread here! I'm a seventeen year old heading to RSAD as a Computer Animation Freshman. I love Video Games and I wanna go into that field. The following are sketches from my sketchbook: life drawing and concept stuff. I've been greatly inspired from the work and community I've found here, and I would love to become a part of it. I am very open to suggestions, critique, comments, and "why don't you draw ..." So give me some feedback and challenges and I'll rise to meet them.

By the way, I had no idear if I was supposed to write anything to introduce this, lolz.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I feel almost obnoxious one pic per post... but it beats fighting Photobucket resizing! The top is my friend Jessica, and the next is Feet, Moulin Rouge stuff, and a car drawing:

Thanks
    Random Asian Girl!

Thanks
    Figure.

Thanks
    Comic Characters to follow.

Thanks
    Nurse!

Thanks
    Invisible Consoles and Chair... heh.

Thanks
    Monkeytoes man.

Thanks
    Last guy, this is all I have in my new tiny sketchbook... there should be more later, and more life drawing... I promise!

Thanks
    Great start! Keep on with the studies. I really like the hair in the first post and the figure in the fourth post the most. Keep on posting.
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Well, check it out, it's Rachel.

Bout time you showed up to the party! Too bad you missed the workshop in Montreal, it was a blast.

It's Justin, FYI. I figured you'd show here sooner or later!

Let's see what you got!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeldragoon
    Well, check it out, it's Rachel.

Bout time you showed up to the party! Too bad you missed the workshop in Montreal, it was a blast.

It's Justin, FYI. I figured you'd show here sooner or later!

Let's see what you got!
    lol, I've been at the party, sir. I just hadn't been sketchbooking it up, lol. Thanks for the welcome. You were right, this site is pretty nifty!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
Nice stuff RNS! really cool character studies! keep it up!
and yeah, welcome to CA i suppose

Thanks
    Hey, welcome to CA. Uh, first I've all, I'd like to point out that you can attach multiple images to the same post; 5000 posts for various images really isn't necessary.

As far as the work goes, my suggestion right now would be to stop cartooning and start boning up on your anatomy / observational skills. There are various glaring discrepencies in your drawings that really warp them overall - for example, the girl with the intricate hair has impossible hands. One arm is longer than the other, one hand larger than the other; both are really too long compared to the rest of her body, and those feet would never support her. Monkeytoes man carries no weight - he is stiff, still; he doesn't appear to really be in motion, and the legs are of inconsistant lengths. The woman sitting in the chair is also anatomically impossible - the foot is bending way too far; it would only do that if the leg was broken. The other guy sitting, the one with the coat, is all sorts of awkward. The overall slant of the body is off, and the drawing leans, making the bend in the neck look slightly exaggerated and causing the position of the head to appear off. Flip it horizontally in photoshop and take another look.

Honestly, overall the first one's probably my favorite because it looks as though it were drawn observationally - while the anatomy of the face in profile is off, the marks are more fluid. The asian girl, I hope, was not from observation - her stance is stuff, straight on - the hips look exaggerated, and the face is too large. Compositionally, it is also generally a bad idea to cut off a drawing at the knees; there are certain cutoff points that just don't work, the wrists being another that comes to mind. It just leaves the image hanging, wanting. Anyway. Not trying to tear you a new asshole, just constructive criticism. Keep on truckin'

Thanks

Recent Anatomy Stuff and Junk.

I've bought an anatomy book I like so! The first was a really intense Black and white photo that I loved, I tried to show how the hair melted into the back, I never finished the legs and foot, so they aren't really well done. The next was another photo and hand. Blind contours, and a SKETCH of the skeleton. Looking at the skeleton is intimidating and I've never drawn one before. I decided to start with a sketchy loose version to kind of get me accustom. I like it. Thats it for the past few days. Thanks for the crits, they are much appreciated. I know my figures aren't perfect, but I don't have much reference and never have had a figure drawing class. I only got me some books lol!

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast