Art: Totally new at digital art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Totally new at digital art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Totally new at digital art

Well, im not totally new, but a few days ago I discovered the artist Kim Young Sang. Needless to say, his work blew me away and up until then (now), I have never really been too interested in digital art.

But after seeing his work, I would very much so like to know exactly what kinda tools (or software) I would need to create digital art. Im sure photoshop is in there, but what kind of technique would I need to creat such stuff?

Would I need to sketch out what I would like, then scan it and then work on it with photoshop? Or is there a different approach?

Forgive the nooby questions, but I really need an outlet for my imagination =3

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A lot of digital artists work from penciled or inked sketches that are subsequently scanned in. Others sketch right in the program. Coloring-wise, the 2 programs of choice are Corel Painter, and Photoshop. Painter simulates natural media, so you can have 'painterly' looking pieces. Photoshop started as a image editting tool, and has added more and more drawing tools. While it does have all sorts of textured brushes, it's not quite as good at simulating the behaviours of media. Pieces tend to look much more smooth. This may be good or bad, and is up to your personal style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do you have a link of his website.
    well, I hope you do understand even having the tools..to art wont even get you to where he is. I remeber when I first using photoshop and learning it, was alot of trial and error and reading up on tutorials. And creating my own way on how to do things, but changing every now and then when i learn something new.
    and i dont think there really is much technique. just alot of theories that are applied + knowing how to use the tools.
    like color theory, shading (thats the big one right there)... understanding value, saturation, hue, thats just in how to using the color aspect.

On the line art aspect, thats up to you. alot of people draw on a peice of paper, ink it or not ink it. and scan it in. (thats what i do alot)
    some people do the line art on the computer by using a wacom tablet.

:3 so good luck to you and on your artistic journey. :3
    btw... open up a sketchbook tooo :3 and pour your energy into there as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.