Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kev's Stuff - (update 9/7/08)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice spheres and cloth

and i have horrible internet too...i understand your pain ^^

anyways about the life drawing, some are nice, but the ones that look to be shorter poses, maybe you can "liven" them up a little. they look a little stiff...but i dunno what to say about what to do....practice? =P

all in all, update more, loser!

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, that is all way better. Good to know art school is kicking ass for you. Your freshman stuff is way better than mine was... loser haha.

S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everyone calling em a loser
    The stiffness thing i have to work on. I'm gonna start trying different aproaches to the short poses. Maybe some gesture then shadow shape blocking instead of outlines. i dunno we will see.

heres some more stuff. this time from anatomy class. The class is bassically 3/4 anatomy lecture and demo and 1/4 figure drawing. The weird thing is i have to memorize the superficial bones and muscles for my Figure drawing class but i dont have to memorize anything for my anatomy class

the graphite piece was for a homeowrk project. About 6-8 hours of work i think. Personly i think it looks like shit mainly cause i have no idea how to use graphite properly (when i saw what they where doing at the atelier with graphite i almost killed myself). There are some problems with her head making her not look anything like the referance also. I ended up getting a B+ though which i think was way to generous.

Attached Images Attached Images            

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like the use of soft edges in the graphite piece, its not bad actually. With practice you will get better. Figure drawing and anatomy is looking awesome, much better proportions and values. Memorize the anatomy even if you don't have to, it will help you in the long run. Doing great posting semi-daily here, i'd love to see it become a trend

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey,
    looks like the class helped alot , keep practicing with graphite and you will improve, try not to scribble like in the background, will probably get a more even tone.
    keep it up .james

idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey kev,

Haven't seen your sb for a while - you seemed to have gone avol. Fishspawn is very right about anatomy - it's good idea to learn how the body functions. With the last graphite figure - to me it seems a little disjointed, try thinking of a figure as a single working entity rather then a head, arms legs etc. Maybe some gesture studies will help.

In regards to medium, keep practising and you will get better.

Looking forward to updates, I too hope you can get on the daily updates trend.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, good life studies! Im planning to attend AAU this fall. What can you tell me about the environment and people(art wise). Are they pretty cool, are there a lot of good artist, good inspirations? I'm also planning to wav all my foundations class, though, by sending them my portfolio. heheheh. cya.

I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff. I like the still lives the most, but all of the studies are very good. Keep up the hard work, I can tell it is paying off for you. =]

"Even a stopped clock, gets the right time twice a day."
    >>My Sketchbook<<
    >>My Homepage<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay my internet is kind of working.

heres some pages from my sketchbook.
    Master copy of the broken pitcher by Bouguereau was started on a field trip to the legion of honor. sketch of the Bust of Diana by Falguiere was also done there.
    the rest are just some random sketchbook pages.

once i get my hands on a camera i will post my 18x24 stuff including my drapery midterm and some other stuff which constitutes most of my work.

later.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 556 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice updates. i scroll up the list though and really like this one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1172525478 though.
    The close up of the eye, in your last update looks great too. maybe its the scan but in a lot of them i feel like you could push the contrast a little more, a lot of the sketches seem to be hanging out in the midtones. I'm seeing definate improvement here though, keep it up dude.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Master 25 Days
    seeing good things here, guy. Won't matter if you hatch or use gradient since it's how you use the technique that matters.
    bravissimo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    work on the line quality still, it's all the same weight. nice life drawings, some of the proportions are off but the shading is good.

i forgot already, aren't you over in cali now? how do you like the prog? i'm thinking about switching over somewhere else too.

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my internet is rocking today wooot!

@fish - thanks. I definitely am memorizing the anatomy. The only reason i mentioned it was because Figure drawing wants it memorized and anatomy doesnt, which i thought was really weird. and unfortunatly i cant make it a trend untill reliable internet bacomes a trend as you can see

@james - yea the classes are helping a ton, thanks. I've been working with graphite and i think im figuring it it. a teacher, Larry Zimou Tan, told me to control the medium not the oposite and dont give up on it till you master it.

@rayk - thanks

@kuraudo - thanks. I'll toss ya a pm about the school.

@Hyptosis - thanks. Yea all the work is really helping i can see my stuff improving

@artZealot - thanks Yea the midtone thing is tough. I kind of am nervous about using the whole range of values sometimes i have to get over it. I think i need to just do a bunch of value studies cause im never sure of myself with it. There is slightly more range then you see but scanning graphite sucks. I wish i had a camera

@hp - yea i need to start thinking more when i draw especialy about line weight. We did a little bit about it in Figure drawing class.
    And yup I'm in SF. The classes and teachers are kicking my ass which is awsome and it seems to be working. The program is set up really well. In Illustration there are 4 figure drawing and 3 clothed figure classes and 2 whole classes on just heads and hands and figure painting classes and they teach you every medium from guache to painter and photoshop. Tons and Tons of interesting classes its crazy.
    I dont know anything about your schools program but if your not happy with it switch to another school. I was talking to Johnny (Zord) and he is graduating in May from his school and he had nothing but complaints about it. But now he might as well just graduate. You really dont want that to be the case. Just from my first college experiance and now my second. Make sure your school has eveything you want and more.

----------------------------------------

Well this post is a bunch of anatomy studies. I think the fisrt too are studies from Frederic Delavier but they are from a hand out from figure drawing class so im not sure. The rest are studies from Dr. Paul Richer and the skull is from Sarah Simblet. Enjoy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are some excellent studies, very clear and careful. This type of work will pay off later on.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ,
    Studies look really good , try doing some that focus on the mass and volume .
    keep it up .james

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad you're enjoying the new school, it shows in your work. I can see improvement on each one of those. One warning i have for you (because i have this problem) is don't forget about one part of anatomy when you are using another, like don't forget the skeleton when you're drawing muscles, or vice versa. Keep working hard, looking forward to the next update.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey if you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for classes right now about? plus housing if you're living on campus. you can pm me if you don't want to post it.

i'm kind of wishwashy on whether i should take illustration or 3d, and i'm thinking about several schools right now depending on each, but i'd definitely enter for the illustration at aau.

can you talk more about your classes and stuff, and living in the city ^^ i'm kinda scared to transfer, i dunno why...so yeah you transferred right?

i'm seriously considering going for the summer sessions to see how it is...it's just so damn expensive...

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys heres some sketchbook pages over the past week or so.
    Hand and statue studies from the great master at the museum and just some sketching and life drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hands and figures looking good. Heh, cupcake. Like the people sketches - keep working hard on those faces.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ,
    Like the statues , try drawing some faces by just using values and no lines.
    keep it up .james

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    only a 1 page update. a few face studies from another field trip to the museum. Maybe one of these days ill stop being to lazy to borrow my friends camera and post all of my 18x24 stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kevin, aka Big Philly, this page shows improvement. I'm talking to you right now but i'll post this anyways: draw all the time. And then post more And then we can crit you and then repeat process. That and get over the drawing in front of other people thing. DO IT. And then you really CAN draw anywhere anytime all the time. Chairs, brotha' man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm stil alive

I am still alive. Just been really busy with projects. And i finaly got around to borrowing my friends camera so i can post some of my more finished large pieces.

first we have my final project for Analysis of Form. A portrait, i chose Humphrey Bogart. More then 30hours so far, still not sure if its done but its due tommorow so im gonna hand it in and i can re hand it in on wednesday with corrections.

Next is a master copy of Prud'hon for anatomy class. Many many hours cause i had to replicate his technique exactly, which is a problem when you cant find any info on his technique. Redrew the damn thing about 15 times.

Next is my midterm project for analysis. A drapery. about 15+ hours.

In class torso study. About 8 hours.

Another torso study. This time one of the teachers was teaching me about cross-hatching. about 3 hours.

in the last few you can really see how shitty of a photographer i am haha.
    I've got another project im working on now for anatomy thats due tuesday so i'll get it up after then. I've also got a bunch of anatomy plates and another portait in smaller size to post when i get around to scanning them.

Thansk guys for all the crits and especialy the motivation, you all rock

oo and im probably reaching but do you think the bogart portait is anywhere near FF material. I doubt it but i was just wondering.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man this is some awesome stuff!!!

esp the drapery and the bogart study. i wouldnt' put the bogart in finally finished just because i think it wouldn't get that many replies (being a traditional study) but it's up to you of course

maybe when you have a set of pieces you can put them all up together in FF.

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great job on this batch, really awesome stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice anatomy studies. Really improving. Don't become too academic.

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap an update.

@Listing - but i like academic painting.... j/k i know what your saying. I do really enjoy 18th century academic painting but i also like many other styles and eras so soon you should see more variety especially as my painting classes start.

Now don't think i haven't been doing anything. I've got 4 portraits in 18x24 charcoal I'm working on. I also am in school for the summer with a color theory course with tons of homework and a figure sculpting course. Heres some stuff from my sketch books. Some anatomy studies from books and a few from a real life dead body (was weird it all didn't seem real when i was there but the next day i got thoroughly freaked out. I guess my brain finally put it all together). Also a tattoo design for a friend of mine. It pretty weird but he said "fetus in a guitar" so thats what i did.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, thanks for giving me crit to my work!
    Your proportions in human figures are sometimes a little wrong, so good to see your doing anatomy and stuff! Compared to your first page the last work is really awesome.
    Your on the right track, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eh up matey! thought I should pop round and see how things are going my american friend ^_^

First off im really liking the anatomy studies, it looks like alot of time and consideration has gone into them. Also your a lucky moo for being able to draw from a real dead human. I have no idea really where to go for these things. Was it part of your course or at a medical school or something?

I can certainly see a good amount of progress, so keep working hard and have fun.
    Perhaps we shall meet again at another american meet..whenever that will be I do not know.

Rich

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Pascallo - thanks

@Mr Man - hey its good to hear from ya man. haha i dont know if I am lucky for getting to see a real dead person, it was really strange. The trip was set up through the anatomy department of my school, but we went to the local Dentistry school to actually see the donors. Check out your local medical school and see if they will let you come and sit in on a class or something, or even see if you can take an anatomy dissection class. I have heard of people taking a dissection class who weren't premed at my old school.
    thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will see each other at another workshop or meetup

-----------------------------------------

heres some new sketch book pages. Kinda got into ballerinas recently and a few more anatomy studies for figure modeling home work. thanks

Last edited by sweetoblivion314; July 27th, 2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: forgot attachments

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.