Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kev's Stuff - (update 9/7/08)

Thanks

Kev's Stuff - (update 9/7/08)

New stuff at the end
    Last edited by sweetoblivion314; September 7th, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey sweetoblivion314 !
    You got some cool pics, but you definatly need to work more on your lines. Focus more on the coordination hand eye. Its a hard exercice but the result is more than convincing.
    Also when you, try to follow the shape of your subject vertically and horizontally (cross hatch )
    Hope it helps, and keep posting !!

Thanks
    thanks for the tips. As far as hatching goes, i've allways been more of a gradient shader than a hatch guy. I got a mechanical drafting pencil to try and get away from that and focus more on lines and hatching, not working to well
    maybe if i go to pen that will help and maybe help me get more confident with my lines.

well heres a new page from my sketchbook. I havent been drawing lately cause of life stuff. I really need to kick my own ass and get focused. If theres a SSG out there with an opening, I could use the help. thanks guys

Thanks
    seeing good things here, guy. Won't matter if you hatch or use gradient since it's how you use the technique that matters.
    CCAD FRESHMEN

Thanks
    Good start, be more confident in your lines. Don't worry so much about getting it perfect the first draw through otherwise you end up joining together lots of small shaky strokes and the line result looks unconvincing. Just use bolder sweeping lines, once you've drawn something a few times through you'll find your memory takes over more anyway.

Have you tried the old contour drawing exercise without looking at your page yet? If not, grab a reference; from life preferably: an old shoe or a bottle or whatever. Put your pencil on the page and draw what you see in a continuous line WITHOUT looking at your hand or the paper. It's a good exercise to start with.
    *Tres Cute Sketch Group*
    ---no added monosodiumglutamate!!!---

Thanks
    as cwn said try and make your lines more confident because it looks as if ypur lines are ending up really thick . i like the sinister man ,looks realy meanacing
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Hi! Nice stuff, those charcoal still life are very good. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Yo. If you are looking to get better with hatching, definately use a pen. I started using pens to doodle at school because i was bored and i realized i could only shade with hatching. Now it feels very natural to hatch and i feel like it's much more efficient. So um, yeah, take your own advice and try it, it will only get more fun! Keep drawing.

Thanks
    I think what Cwn Annwn said was very true for you, (heck it's very true for me too) but I think your still life drawings in your first post seems to show that you have a good grasp of the forms of the objects you're drawing. So I'd say whatever you did when you drew those would be something good to work on.

Thanks
    thanks guys
    heres 2 more pages. I really need to do more. I think im gonna set a 5 page a day minimum.
    I remember doin some self portaits with the contour exercise back in school maybe ill see if i can dig them out. I did another page of them though. Do you think i should practice that alot. Maybe a page a day?
    The other page is just some sexy ladies and me goofing off
    I also switched to pen. Im using a set of Koh-I-Noor rapidograph pens i found with my grandfathers stuff.
    Any tips on more exercises and stuff i could fill my pages with would be awsome too. Thanks guys

Thanks
    Good to see you working at it.

The contour drawings you did have a good line consistency, and hopefully with time and practise it'll rub off onto your other work.

With regards to medium, just play around with whatever you can find, and settle for what ever feels more comfortable for yourself. Everyone has a preference and certain way of working. What suits one person won't necessarily suit another.

As for exercises, have you tried copying an old master's pic (or any pic you find interesting), and then turning it upside down and copying it again?
    It's always interesting to see the difference it makes.
    *Tres Cute Sketch Group*
    ---no added monosodiumglutamate!!!---

Thanks
    Hey, cool contour practice. You really need to look more at what you're drawing though - those hands are very flat and baloon-like. Real hands have skin wrapped around them that creases and stretches with the flow of the muscle, and you can see that if you carefully look. Try doing an almost blind contour drawing where you go extremely slowly and only glance at the drawing every once in a while to make sure you're not going the wrong way, but focus on seeing every detail in the edge.

Keep up the hard work!

Thanks
    thigns to fill up your sketchbook , google images just type in anything,anything around u , your hands ,self poartraits and anything that comes to mind ,also maybe draw what youremember from that day like a kind of diary.hope that what u asked 4 lol
    james
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast