Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey fish, nice too see some enviros! I think the problem with the top one is that the mid ground has more contrasty values then the foreground. Foreground should always have the highest values in the painting as they are closer to us and don't get de saturated by atmosphere. Otherwise interesting idea.

Second one is better but it's fairly early on for me to see much. Just make sure you don't forget about foreground in it. Also with those hovering black things - make sure you scale them down and repeat them in the background. That can be a really powerful prop to show perspective and the expanse of the enviro.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey,
    Feet are good,and that enviro with the big white castle could turn into something great,keep working on it and try to put some people on there for scale( in the foreground)also try adding a bit of colour to the building ,yellow lights and stuff.

keep it up.james
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Feet massage's page is looking rad.
    Try to go easy on the horizon tilting thing in your enviros, it can make your pics more interesting but it can get weird if you overdo it. Try reducing the angle on the img from post 359.
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    did a good job on the feet sketches I think feet is the hardest part of the anatomy to do, so its good you are tackling it. keep up the good work

Sketchbook :: Blog

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

Thanks
    rayk - thank ye for teh crits, let me know what you think about this version

guitarjames - thanks, the building in the middle is supposed to just be a white tower.

fedezz - yeah, i almost didn't do that angle this time and then i did it anyway... fixed it in the new version, thanks for dropping by

oldnoobie - thanks, i definately have the most trouble with them... and i don't know why

new version, fixed the grass, added the dude and the pillars, changed the angle, etc. Let me know what is wrong/right.

Thanks
    Some more relaxed anatomy sketches for my friend guitarjames. 1.5 hr total Reffed from Simblet

Thanks
    hey,
    anatomy is nice, i think you should make the foreground much darker and then the tower would look much larger/grand.And try not to crop it.

keep it up .james

Thanks
    anatomy and life drawing are looking great. I'd get some photo ref for the backgrounds in the landscapes. Your mountains look a bit contrived, and there's perspective issues with both atmosphere and drawing that flatten it.
    S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Thanks
    james - thanks for the crits, i'm sure i'll be working on that concept some more, i may start from scratch though.

blue severin - yep, i'm going to be doing a lot of thumbnails from photoref to learn enviro archtypes/details/perspective better.

Well my class is over so its back to the local art center once a week for figures, but i probably won't be scanning those drawings tonight, so here are some bridgeman quickies. He had such a great understanding of anatomy, can't wait till i know it that well

Thanks
    Drawings from life.

Thanks
    In the Lex Eterna pic, i dont really care for the pillar things. The guy on the hill thing is cool. The wall around the city looks wonky for some reason though. Keep up the working and such

Thanks
    hey,
    life drawings have improved once againl.Bridgeman looks like you exagerating the curves in the legs a bit to much ,always remember the skeleton underneath.

keep iy up .james

Thanks
    This is similar to what i want Lex Eterna to look like http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24643782/

Thanks

lazy

arvalis ^2 - yeah i agree about the wall. The pillars were just to help establish perspective. I'm mainly working on the overall look right now, detail shots will come when we get that figured out

guitarjames - thanks, gotta do some more bones

Sorry for the lack of updating over the last few days. I have been drawing, but i've been mad at those drawings so i haven't posted them. Just another artists block i suppose. Here are a few. + a WIP from last week that i haven't finished yet.

Thanks
    Ive noticed that you are starting to shape Gongai's face plate in a new a way, i dont really care for it. I have also noticed the sort of flintlock shotgun thing, crack barrels are real cool however shotguns reflect a more unrefined look to him, unbefitting of a vox. Flintlocks i like, however you should draw more gun studies. His face plate is something that a sniper would wear i would think, so perhaps a single barrel bolt action rifle or such. Maybe a whinchester style lever action would be real cool.

Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast