Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    This messed with my fragil mind>
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1157790511
    I like the woman in charcoal on this page, and I think the more you draw these figures the more you'll progress. Maybe try a figure in that ps landscape style, that'd be dope.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You and me both sabe. Well, I'm saying otherwise with that landscape. Ask for crits and you shall receive. With that landscape, the sky comes across as way flat. A piece is usually more interesting if there are differently sized elements. With all the patches of color being the same size, it reads as kind of boring. Don't think of it as painting the sky in an interesting way, but as painting it how it should be seen. It looks like your light source is coming from the upper left, but it's not hitting the top of the ruined wall on the left, or the side of it. Your horizon line is too low, draw some vanishing point lines and you'll see where they intersect. Think of areas that would reflect little bits of light, like edges of building walls. Colors look pretty good. If you fix that stuff, then you'll have a much stronger piece. Also, for your characters, make sure they follow vanishing point rules as well, the guy with wings is standing on a different plane than the box he's on.
    S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Thanks

crit heaven

NopainNogain - Thank you. Next project will be photo-ref.

rayk - Wow thanks for all the crits! You can tell me if i got it right this time.

sabe2003 - Hehe. Thanks. I've tried doing people in the digi realm and it hasn't turned out well so far, but i'll keep working on it!

Blue Severin - Thanks! Your info helped me a lot, along with rayk's. You can let me know how you like my changes. I don't really see what you mean about the guy with wings... can you explain it a little differently? Or show with crude red lines in PS... Anyway, thanks for the crit-tastic post.

New version. Changed the angles on the buildings, added more spots hit by light, took out some stuff, added more atmospheric fading, messed around with the sky and the color scheme in general. Crit her up!

Thanks
    blam

looking better good improvment ,i think you should try using more opaque brushes when using digital
    and really set a umm whats it called ...a focus in your pictures like on the desert island . hope i helped

keep it up

.james.
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Great job on the life drawings and studies! Seeing loads of improvement here. Those enviros seem to be coming along just nicely aswell. Keep experimenting and keep it coming!
    http://www.sakuhatakka.com/ - image portfolio

Thanks
    Yo, nice update on that enviroment. Those ruins on the bottom left are sweet, even with their perspective issues.
    I´ll get into that promised ps tutorial anytime now .
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Some real improvement. A good variety of approaches.
    Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    guitarjames - blam indeed. I'll keep trying new stuff and go for more atmosphere, thanks

spats - thank you!

fedezz - thanks, i thought the perspective was fine? hrmm, i guess i dont understand perspective as well as i thought, time to study!

listing - Thanks!

Fygars tomorrow, new enviro tonight. It's pretty rough, but this one's photo ref. I want to get the mayan thing right. Will keep working, but crit away if you want.

Thanks

Thanks
    hey

my fave s the on ebefore last ,lol,ummm, i think the feets hands and faces are lacking so practice them

digi is looking good but the backround is too bright ,also i think the hole pic is over staurated so maybe tone down the colours.

keep it up.james.
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    man, you've been hard at work. i'm diggin those life studies you just posted. this one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1158774489 is really nice. if i were to crit anything, i'd just say to pay attention to the detail in the hands and feet. it seems like you leave that out in a lot of your sketches. other than that, keep it up dude. by the way, nice face studies here too: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1158528495
    -artzealot
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Some of these figure studies are fantastic. I'm very glad to see how loose your lines are in them. That is something I wish very much I did myself, however I don't. Keep it up and you'll be drawing circles around the best of them! ^_^
    "Even a stopped clock, gets the right time twice a day."
    >>My Sketchbook<<
    >>My Homepage<<

Thanks

Back to the Basics

guitarjames - thanks for the crits

artzealot - Thanks, will keep working on it

hyptosis - thanks

Alright, i have been kind of relaxing with regards to art lately, mainly just my figure drawings and a little bit of PS doodling. This has got to change. My motto when i really "started" my life as an artist one year ago was "back to the basics". I was going to work my way up from ground zero and become the best. I've come a long way since then, but i've lost sight of my goal. So now, here, i'm going back to the basics again. Every day i will do either a SP, still life, or life figure study and post it here. Only traditional media, the wacom is going to get some rest.

If i don't keep it going EVERY day, i want harassment, lots of it. Here begins my journey. Last two were 10 min and 30 min respectively, portraits took up the rest of the time.

Thanks
    Your making great progress!
    I like the fluidity of the lines you show in your life drawing

Thanks
    jharford - thanks, i've been working on that

Here's todays, 30-50 min.

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast