Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    james - thanks, yeah youre right

onir - thanks, those are my favorite too, ill try a tonal study sometime

Woke up with a cold yesterday, hence the lack of update, and the grossness of todays update. Same place, different angle and time.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 561 Posts
    nice enviros. you might want to play around with the size jitter on the tree brush you are using on those, and maybe add some foreground elements on the one you just posted. remember when doing landscapes that things get lighter and less saturated as they get farther away.
    I like your life drawings the best, in this one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1157739521 i can really get a sense of weight of that big girl. i'm not sure if it was intentional but it looks like she's starting to tip over the thing she's leaning on. either way it looks cool. keep it up.
    -az

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    artzealot - thanks for the good crits, i'll be sure to take them into account when i next paint. Heh, it wasn't intentional but it's a good idea to play with

Still not feeling good, and i still have figga class tonight. So today you get the school doodles and tomorrow you get the figgas. I was feeling tranquil when i did these - so i took longer than usual on them, probably ~30 min per page. I should really take longer on stuff more often...

Thanks
    Life drawing, as promised. All charcoal, nupastel, or conte, and all on newsprint except the last one, which is on "charcoal paper". Crit away.

Thanks
    pap, the life drawings ae looking good but i think the legs are a bit small on some , remember 3 heads for the torso and 4 on the legs ,and maybe do some studies of the leg

poartraits looking good to bur watch the lips ad maybe do some lip studies too

woot .james.

idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    james- thanks, i always appriciate your crits. I was thinking more about the legs tonight.

More figga drawing. Um, not much else to say. Last one was 1 Hr. Crit them up!

Editzor: some re-works of old digipaints for fun, messing around with stuff. I think i learned something... and they definately look a lot better.

Last edited by Fishspawn; September 15th, 2006 at 02:55 AM.

Thanks
    Damn, those figures are looking wicked. This one is my favorite, you handled that tricky foreshortening just right. Crap, wish I could take some life drawing classes in this crappy country
    Keep the pace man, your doing fantastic!

Thanks
    That figure drawing is pretty sweet. You young guys are making me feel like a lazy bum. Don't use such saturated colors in your enviros, unless they need to be there, like accents. Look at sparth's landscapes, his colors kick ass.

S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Thanks
    it's great to see so many people with a passion for art. that really comes across in this SB. Keep on with both the drawing and digital. I believe that at root of most great artists is someone who has the skills with the pen and pencil

Thanks
    fedezz - Thanks! that stinks that it's hard to find life drawing where you are... i'll keep drawing them for you

Blue severin - Thanks, i looked at some of his stuff and i see what you mean. I'll try to take that into account next time.

tekdj - Thank you, i will continue to work hard with all media!

Today was kind of a day of rest - still trying to get over my cold. Here's another rework and some more recent hands.

Thanks
    hey man, that 1 hour pose looks solid. the hands could use a little work but i know that you probably just ran out of time. fantastic job on the foreshortening btw. not an easy pose. one thing that is holding it back is the face. keep workin' those faces in your book. once you got those down, and you get another hour pose- she'll be a beauty. keep it up fishspawn

btw pain hand... hilarious

Thanks
    sith - Thanks! I think i may work on that one more because of all of the positive feedback i've gotten, and i'll continue to draw as many faces as i can tolerate each day

Loomis studies and a speedy ~1.25 hours. Crit them up and spit them out!

Thanks
    sweet, lots of improvement with the colors. Nice heads too. Just tighten up that enviro.

S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1