Worst of CA - Page 27

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Worst of CA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I can't believe someone actually spammed this thread.
    Banned, links broken, but not deleted due to irony.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, the irony is hilarious.

Last edited by LORD M; January 9th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,558 Times in 3,743 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    We don’t need pest control, we have Elwell.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Faust~ View Post
    I didn't know this thread was about the artwork. If it is, I can post some old scetches of me, too, since they are definately worthy the worst (artwork) of CA. I'm happy that it isn't because that would mean just another pointless bash-the-noob thread.

His attitude, however, IS the worst of CA.
    I consider it to be a matter of both art and attitude. If the art sucks but they are obviously taking the crit well then they don't belong here, if they are doing decent art but are headstrong, well it annoys me but still doesn't really have the same fun as what I expect to find here. In my oppinion the gems are the ones whose art is crap but if anyone tries to tell them they throw a hissyfit. You know; the Mankies, Chases, and Snoggers.

Other great ones are the ones that cheat but won't admit to it, paintovers claiming to be doing orriginal work, obvious ps filter users who act like they are geniuses.

I mean, to me Worst of CA are the examples of humanity that are so bad that they are good. Its a form of entertainment. If the intro (the work itself, the first thing to be seen) doesn't set things up well to draw me in to want to see the rest of the thread then I loose interest. If it is so messed up as to be interesting, but the artist knows it and is truly looking to improve then the rest doesn't fit the "Worst of" description and so it doesn't belong in this thread. It also looses its entertainment value.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
That thread is hilarious because of all the fucking echo in there. What were you trying to achieve ? be able to say "I told you so" when the thread ends up in here ?... holy shit I have never seen so much time being spilled for absolutely nothing at all.

Try replying to the other threads with 0-1 replies instead of being the part of some attention--drama that you KNOW will end up as a locked-thread.

edit* CA is for growth right ? but you have to realize people take critique different depending on personality. I would love someone who doesn't apologize and tell me right away what i suck at. It helps ME.
but there are people who aren't used to the harshness of CA, that needs to be warmed up.. At least 'try' to warm people up on the harsh-critique that is about to come by saying "I think that... looks a bit odd, you could perhaps fix it by...." Try to respect everyone, let everyone grow, and don't throw them out because they are under the expected line for accepting and using critique the right way.

If you see that someone use harsh critique to their advantage.. give them more!. If you see that they are getting defensive, or don't know how to handle the information you've given them , DON'T BASH THEM WITH IT JUST TO PROVE HOW RIGHT YOU ARE.

yepp this shit makes me angry..

Last edited by Dile_; January 9th, 2009 at 08:49 PM.

• The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile_ View Post
    ? but you have to realize people take critique different depending on personality.

but there are people who aren't used to the harshness of CA, that needs to be warmed up..
    Here's a really good idea: It's called "lurk and learn"

I didn't just jump to this forum and expect the carpet to be rolled out for me and 10 finely chiseled men to feed me grapes. (But hey, can that be a benefit of donating to the site? )

I lurked and learned what the site is about. While we all have our quirks, before I started posting I did this thing called "thinking"...
    Do I want to post here? Why?
    What kind of posts should go where?
    Have my questions been answered before?
    If I post my art, what is expected of me, and the same when I give comments.
    What kind of info would I find here?

Your ideas about critique are covered in the sticky threads...this isn't some revolutionary knowledge you're divulging here about how to critique people. However there's great information in the sticky threads about what should be posted where, how to handle critiques when you receive and give them.

CA isn't about to ban lurkers, or people who don't sign up. There are benefits to signing up such as exclusive forums and being able to comment. Just think about why you *want* to post on CA than just throw a post up and expect them to understand you. Get to know the CA community, and then the community will get to know you.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That thread is hilarious because of all the fucking echo in there. What were you trying to achieve ? be able to say "I told you so" when the thread ends up in here ?... holy shit I have never seen so much time being spilled for absolutely nothing at all.

Try replying to the other threads with 0-1 replies instead of being the part of some attention--drama that you KNOW will end up as a locked-thread.
    you know the answer to that is that those threads are much more entertaining than other toddler drawn pieces posted in the CC, therefore people would have more energy to reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    I didn't just jump to this forum and expect the carpet to be rolled out for me and 10 finely chiseled men to feed me grapes. (But hey, can that be a benefit of donating to the site? )
    Peel that woman a grape!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by alesoun View Post
    Peel that woman a grape!!!!
    I'm better with the whine... er, I mean, wine.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I more use this thread to post "wtf" and get on with my life, personally. If I don't post a thread that bugs me, then it'll bug me and bug me until I talk to somebody about it, which generally means waiting until someone gets home, as I am a disabled person and can't get out of the house much. Aside from which, I've never actually participated in a thread that I knew would be locked, except to request that it be locked or otherwise indicate that I think it should be locked.

And when I am feeling depressed (because having depression will do that to you =p), it can help to come laugh over stuff like ball point pen guy. Or read people's reactions to the very dense tomes the "zen" troll posted.

*shrug* Sorry if I offended you by participating in this thread. I think perhaps we both had fundamentally different reactions to it.

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    I consider it to be a matter of both art and attitude... In my oppinion the gems are the ones whose art is crap but if anyone tries to tell them they throw a hissyfit. I mean, to me Worst of CA are the examples of humanity that are so bad that they are good. Its a form of entertainment. If the intro (the work itself, the first thing to be seen) doesn't set things up well to draw me in to want to see the rest of the thread then I loose interest. If it is so messed up as to be interesting, but the artist knows it and is truly looking to improve then the rest doesn't fit the "Worst of" description and so it doesn't belong in this thread. It also looses its entertainment value.
    Peter, you are NOT the Worst of CA Sheriff. Whether or not YOU are entertained is NOT the purpose of this thread.

You need to stop trying to dictate which threads are and are not nominated to this thread, because YOU are not EVERYONE else.

SOME of us are entertained by things YOU are not. This thread is for ALL of us, NOT just YOU.

If you like a thread posted here, goodie.
    If you don't, just keep it to yourself, and STOP telling everyone else that THEIR submission is "not entertaining" for WHATEVER reasons YOU think it isn't. In other words, spare us all your whine, some of us prefer to enjoy the cheese and crackers in here without it.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by madster View Post
    Peter, you are NOT the Worst of CA Sheriff. Whether or not YOU are entertained is NOT the purpose of this thread.

You need to stop trying to dictate which threads are and are not nominated to this thread, because YOU are not EVERYONE else.
    And you aren't the sheriff sheriff.

I'm not trying to dictate anything but simply trying to explain my thoughts on the issue and hoping that others see it and can come to some form of consensus. I was simply guessing that if I'm not entertained then there are others who agree, and that if I pointed out where I thought things could be improved then others might agree.

Its already been agreed upon that this thread shouldn't be used to cruelly point out artists who are inexperienced and still learning. If we can put one rule on it then other rules and oppinions about how the thread might be used can be suggested as well.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm mostly indifferent on this one, but I think that's it's worth mentioning for fairness' sake that he did eventually work on sorting out some of the issues pointed out to him:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=146888

• The Following User Says Thank You to chriskot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chriskot *NOTE Not Worst of CA worthy as of 1:17 AM Central U.S. time

Representing Ringling College of Art and Design Class 2012

Blog
    (its pretty rad)

Current Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh that mixed media one was just awesome.

"What the hell is anatomy anyway?????"
    There has only been 3 hours and 24 minutes of this day, yet, already, it has been made.

. t h o s e . w h o . d r i n k . t h e . d a r k .

The-SSG-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named:
    Vehkt ~ Spaztastic ~ Realitychek ~ Lakeland ~ Shannanigan ~
    Me, Myself & Me Again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey good for him, he improved and there was no flame war that time, can we move onto someone else now?

My sketchbook, if you really want to see it...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't take crit's on my crits.

Seeking Agreement is where stuff goes horribly wrong.

I spend so much time and EFfort writing the perfect crit. Then someone comes and criticize it(Peee all over it). The stuff that I valued so deeply. My existance feels discredited. What shall I do?

All opinions are true in the world it came from.

Is anyone with me on this(Paradox)?

Perhaps I should go heal O-ver at the deviantart. Some time to find myself.

Last edited by George Abraham; January 20th, 2009 at 03:04 PM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147801

I'm surprised this hadn't been put here already.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtonw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonw View Post
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147801

I'm surprised this hadn't been put here already.
    Anyone find it weird that no-one questioned riceface, for advocating Social Darwinism...? (And completely missing the point of Evolution in the process)

Though Arttorney said something, but it was like he was giving riceface a slap on the wrist, like as if denying the holocaust and people stating that they belong to a superior race was a regular thing around the Art discussion forums...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to say something but then I remembered riceface is like 11 years old and brain damaged and I stopped caring what he thinks.

I feel the same way about the people who insist on arguing with trolls like him.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtonw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That thread...ugh
    Worst of CA

That riceface name sorta rings a bell, maybe my memory is confused but wasnt he banned some time ago or something like that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah though the ban was only till December, jump back a few pages on here, and you'll find his name crop up. He used to flame anyone who did the slightest mistake, and then he started a thread about drawing pre-adolescent children nude.

Talk about 'arse' meeting 'hat'.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see this is a chat room again.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig D For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know Elwell would like to let this slip into oblivion, but there's a person painting a bad painting, Kev making repeated honest attempts to give insightful and sorough critique and the OP answers with horrible van Gogh-studies (Pretending they are originals) and becoming defensive as shit. priceless

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148308

too bad it's over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by (M) Artist View Post
    What make you think that you are a retard?

all the worst
    M~

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alex Chow; March 26th, 2009 at 11:04 AM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex Chow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, it took a while for something new, didn't it! That's probably a good thing...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IDk i think a lot of people are just trying to forget all the bad shit that happened.

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unbelievable. JWilson deserves some kind of medal. I check that forum every day and Qitsune, Ebony-chan, JWilson, have the worst babysitting jobs on the internets. Most of the clients are fine, good threads are ruined by the same group of members, every time. That guy is the winner though, that is ridiculous.

• Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 121