Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst of CA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Sve; check out what he just said.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKnight View Post
    HAY GUYS IM ONLY GUD AT PORTRAITS LAWL!!!!
    HE OBVIOUSLY SAW PAGES 3 THRU 5 OF MY SKETCHBOOK!!eleven!!!
    SHOULD I AKS HIM 4 LESSENS!?!?
    I loved that part.
    -------------
    So basically what I'm hearing from some people is, if someone comes here and gets mad at us for critiquing, possibly insults other members of the board, possibly starts posting nonsensical spam... we shouldn't make fun of this person, because they're misunderstood?

I can understand if someone came into an art class/forum and was timid and ignorant of a lot of things about art and social interaction, but those people don't distrupt anything; the igonrant misfits will be told how things go and treated with respect, as long as they yield to the idea that they might not know everything/be so kickass as they think.... yeah, then we should make sure to not tease them or make them feel uneasy...

But most of the people in this thread didn't just come in here with preconceived notions of art, they came with about ten tons of attitude, insulting members as they go. Anyone who's mentioned in this thread is fair game.

My comment
    I like how even as threads are still open and progressing, we still talk about it here, like this thread is our super-secret hideout where none of the people we're talking about can see what we say
    was actually meant to point out how rediculous it is that we're talking about these threads while they occur, as a play-by-play, not really caring if the OP's came in here or not

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sve View Post
    I remember my school years. Our class was not very unified, pretty amorphous actually. But it always showed some sort of unity whenever there was some just arrived new student who didn't know inner streams and motivations behind actions of our people.
    Ignorant of how life happened in our class he/ she did something out of norm, offended someone's delicate senses and after that a hell broke up. There were after school gatherings and confrontations and official ultimatums and the whole class chasing the poor outsider. Harassments, naming it with a modern language. I remember running with my class and suddenly feeling disgust of being under this hypnoses of following the crowd.
    Since then... I'm careful not to join any public executions. In my opinion it's cruel and too final. People are different, some are like hedgehogs, prickly, some need time to show their good side.
    For example I really don't understand why Odayga deserved this treatment. So she is art master and horse master in her mind... that doesn't bother me...no one is hurt. She is 18 year old, come on... what you were in your teens years? I resented jeans.
    sve,thank you for sharing that. I feel you understand where I am coming from.

Thanks
    I read it, alesoun . It reminded me my school years even more. . Name calling and rudeness are a chain reaction, IMO. You pushed someone in a streetcar with your elbow, got an evil look in return and a new name... came home and gave some hard time to your closed ones, they carry it further . I was reading fukifino and expected something like this to happen. Why he said the guy shouldn't show his art to anyone on this level... it was uncalled for, IMO
    And to add I think his execution is sloppy but I like the stylization actually, those thin waist and broad shoulders.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    I like how even as threads are still open and progressing, we still talk about it here, like this thread is our super-secret hideout where none of the people we're talking about can see what we say
    we are the guys(and girls!) who turn up with torches and pitchforks to trash ignorant peoples egos and giggle beind their backs
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Just made a little speech in the thread... it's fun when I can make fun of someone to their face WHILE giving them a good suggestion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Okay, I know where you're coming from, too. It's not in my nature to set out to victimize someone, and I don't think I have. Doboy's been heading this way before fukifino. That's why I wondered if he was for real.

His thin waist looks too "girly" for me; but it was the tangle of lines that were so hard to decipher that was the first thing I noticed, and the first thing I commented on. I really enjoy clicking on the first post of a sketchbook and the last to see the improvement; it really lifts my spirits, because there always is an improvement if somebody tries.

It's just getting a bit silly now, though.....

Thanks
    I'll agree I was an ass to doboy1. I could have said what I said with a lot more tact. No argument from me there. But I read his comments. I'm sorry, he "knows anatomy"? He knows "how to draw hands and feet"? His know-it-all attitude was asking for it, and I don't apologize for it.

That said, his response to me certainly wasn't a surprise.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sumthingwong510 View Post
    That's one angle to look at it. Others might see this thread as where a bunch of immature kids hang out to make themselves feel better by getting people their forum friends to agree with them.

Personally, I have more respect for people who can confront the individual they have issue with and see if they can learn from each other than those who run back to their friends to seek a consensus. Granted most of you guys/gals are kids or students(I hope no professionals), but there's really no need for anything more once you said your piece with the individuals.
    this isnt about us taking an ego trip and trashing every inoccent bystander who isnt as good as us. check how many many people the guys in here have helped to become better artists and improve certain pieces of work it greatly out numbers the ones poseted here. because its like this. priority1: critique their work, help them out. 2:if they are rude/ignorant/idiotic try and sort it out civily 3:if they lose it and are rude, abraisive, agressive and ignorant dont bother with them--imortalise the thread here for others to enjoy :

no one here is a mean, bully arsehole. according to newtons third law all forces have an oposite soooo if we have the BEST OF CA its only science that we should have the WORST OF CA hehe.

but seriously dude its not quite how you seem ot have interpreted it.

--sofa

Thanks
    heh. how about this plan: you give crits. The guy reacts inadequate, you go away without good bye and never help him anymore until he is ready to read something different from praise .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sve View Post
    heh. how about this plan: you give crits. The guy reacts inadequate, you go away without good bye and never help him anymore until he is ready to read something different from praise .
    Well that's about as fun as a bag of bark

You're right though, in part, at least...

Walking away from a fight would defenitely help everyone feel better, tempers don't flare as much as they could etc... but after he get's critted, lashes out, then nothing happens... would he be satisfied with silence? Wouldn't he think everythings ok and just keep posting shitty art? Somehow I think some people laying it out for him pretty harshly would do well to deflate the ego a tad. Depends on the person though...

fukifino, though how you said it may have been harsh, everything was true.

Thanks
    aww but i wanna be mean

Thanks
    heheh, yeah. remember in Maverick, Mel Gibson's motto?
    "He who fights and runs away, can run away another day."
    Silence is the worst punishment on this forum .

Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast