Art: Pilot Hi-Tec-C Pens!? - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    I just bought some pens from a store in New Jersey. They have the cheapest price that I could find in the U.S. Each pen is $3 and the shipping is around $3 to NH. They have lots of stock too. You pay by credit card. I am not sure wha t the store name is but it is in the Mitsuwa Mall. The phone number of the mall is (201)941-9113 and the phone number of the actual store is (201)945-8114. You can also go to the Mistuwa Mall website and find a mall closer to you and try to get some pens. The website is here.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cceleung
    I just bought some pens from a store in New Jersey. They have the cheapest price that I could find in the U.S. Each pen is $3 and the shipping is around $3 to NH. They have lots of stock too. You pay by credit card. I am not sure wha t the store name is but it is in the Mitsuwa Mall. The phone number of the mall is (201)941-9113 and the phone number of the actual store is (201)945-8114. You can also go to the Mistuwa Mall website and find a mall closer to you and try to get some pens. The website is here.
    That's the Kinokuniya Book Store on River Road in Edgewater. Great place. Lots of pens and even more Asian books, DVD's, etc.

Thanks
    hahah- this little shop in my hometown (population est. 3500 people) has g-tec c4 pens (.4 work perfectly for me) . and i live in the asshole of the universe. now i moved to the capital city and can't find them.

just had to post

p.s. nothing beats g-tecs- they run over pencil smoothly and give a nice black line and fill, but if you're looking for a replacement, i recommend staedtler's pigment liners. i used to use them before, and i believe feng also uses them. best substitute. rotring's xonox line blows (ugly yellowish gray line), unipen is straight out.

gaze long into the abyss, and the abyss gazes into you.

Thanks
    (and i shall gaze ( at that date you liar !!! ))
    i agree with lung, rotring is gray and if youre lookin for black staedler is best. must add that unipen is a perfect enough choice for filling sligtly bigger surfaces.staedler for the lines, def.

no im not

Thanks
    For those in the Chicago area, I can confirm that the Asahiya Bookstore (847-228-9851) in the Mitsuwa Market has Pilot Hi-Tec C pens in 0.3, 0.4 and 0.5 sizes for about $2.80 each. Also, they apparently have the Kaimei brush pen that el coro (Justin) uses for his amazing sketchbook, but I didn't find this info out until I was buying a Kurakate brush pen at Dick Blick and the clerk mentioned it.

-Bad Mange

If I ventured in the slipstream between the viaducts of your dreams
    Where immobile steel rims crack and the ditch in the back roads stop
    Could you find me?
    - Van Morrison, "Astral Weeks"

Thanks
    yeah im using the staedlers now, they're not bad, the main drawback is that the ink is a bit thick and runny, and its hard to get sensitive detail lines.. flows great though

Thanks
    this thread always seems to resurface. for those going to san fran kino is up there too and i will be raiding the pen stash. but they are the only store that carries these pens. they are bad ass the gtechs inl is different than the Hi tec pens and they tend to bleed when doing the coro technique. get the hi tec if possible.

-dns

Ottosketch.com
    LOTR, Halo, Heroes Sketchcards from Topps

Thanks
    If anyone wants a price comparsion these pens are 210yen a piece in stationary stores here in Japan.

I'll be buying about ten for Yoojin when I go home.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod
    If anyone wants a price comparsion these pens are 210yen a piece in stationary stores here in Japan.
    That's about $2.04 in USD, or about 30% cheaper than I've found them for here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dns2k
    the gtechs inl is different than the Hi tec pens and they tend to bleed when doing the coro technique. get the hi tec if possible.

-dns
    hm..wut is this "coro" technique. I've heard about it be4, and i remember that it was pretty cool or somthing.

btw, about the price comparison, yeah, they are about 30~NT which is less than $1 US in Taiwan. I loaded up with like 15 high-tec-c and lots of different other really gosu pens. lol

Thanks

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hypocalvin
    hm..wut is this "coro" technique. I've heard about it be4, and i remember that it was pretty cool or somthing.
    Hi... they're referring to a technique used by El Coro, a member of these boards. Really quite cool to see, although I've never tried it myself, it looks like fun. There's a few threads in here where he shows how he does it. Here's just one:
    click

Thanks
    Last edited by a_dog; February 17th, 2005 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks

Talking Hi Tec C pens sold online

You can buy all the colors of the Hi Tec C pens in .25, .3, .4, and .5 at www.jetpens.com.

Thanks
    Yay.. I've been conserving my 04 and using other pens.. glad I can actually order some.

Thanks
    i just ordered .25 .3 .4 .5 in black from jetpens.

*YaY*

- Jon

Thanks
    guys not to hate or anything but by calling kinoknuyia you can order the pens at 3.3 a pen instead of 3.5 and for a low shipping they send them to you. why would i pay an extra 20 cents per pen to use an online shop? these are cheap pens in japan and at 3.5 online compared to calling kinoknuyia and buying them out at 3.3 i think i will just talk to the lady at the store. humans are more friendly than computers. cept lil asian kids who buy out the black pens before i can...

-dns

phil already got me a box from japan so i am good right now... but thats my 2 cents.

Ottosketch.com

Thanks

JetPens Fantastic service

Dudes, the people from jetpens.com are SO nice. I emailed them about the prices in SF, and they shared with me some great news. The woman said that they had been trying to find a cheaper source for the pens for a while, but have had some difficulties. Just recently though they've been able to cut prices. She said they're lowering the prices to $3.30 this week to match the SF stores!

Last edited by Lotus123; February 22nd, 2005 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks
    I know I don't have a very high post count myself, but it sure would be nice to see a feedback post on the quality of service from jetpens from anyone with a few more posts to their name
    Good job finding a target market though. I do not suppose you have plans to carry any of the Artist Pentel Aquash Line of water brush pens and water-soluble media by any chance? Just wondering.

Annal Nathrac
    Oolthvas Bethod
    Dochyel Dyenve

Ongoing doodle thread
    http://robotninjamonsters.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    now all they have to do is have a cheap shipping... i think i would be sold if they under priced kino (3.25) or i will probably still lump in my hi tec c orders with my book orders.

-dns

Ottosketch.com

Thanks

Wasp Little Video of Hi-Tec commercial

Thought you might find this amusing if interested in this particular pens

http://www.pilot.co.jp/tvcm/tvcm.htm...a/3-300rm.html

Annal Nathrac
    Oolthvas Bethod
    Dochyel Dyenve

Ongoing doodle thread
    http://robotninjamonsters.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by distortedrealty
    Hey guys,
    Recently ive been goin out and buying different types of pens, pencils, and drawing paper, and junk of that sort. Im experimenting, and trying to figure out what i am most comfortable with, but i cant find the Pilot Hi-Tec-C pens. i read on a few different artist websites, that thye use this particular pen, but i cant seem to find it anywhere. I went to about 5 different stores, and none of them had it. i also went to a few online art stores, and they didnt have it either.... and here's the kicker!! i went to pilotpens.com and searched for it, but they dont have it either... any idea were i can find em?:confused:

thanks!!
    Hey!
    Hello, Im Lightbear. I know where to buy Hi-tec pens! They are everywhere in my place. I even have a whole pencil case full of them! In stores like Popular, Log-on, and many other places..

Lightbear

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbear
    Hey!
    Hello, Im Lightbear. I know where to buy Hi-tec pens! They are everywhere in my place. I even have a whole pencil case full of them! In stores like Popular, Log-on, and many other places..

Lightbear
    You know this thread is 4 years old right? 4.

Thanks
    I think Lightbear just wants to torment us.

It's still hard trying to find those pens.

My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    haha. u know, i think hi-tec-c pens might be overrated. I have a bunch of Hi-tec- C pens, and I don't think they are all that good and teh quality isn't that consistent. My dad went to Taiwan and bought about 20 Hi-tecC pens for about a $1 each (US). I discovered that the quality of the pens aren't that great. Like, 3-4 of them broke on me, the tip didn't funtion or something. And some of them even bleed. Either the Hi-tec C pens are overrated, or my dad got me some counterfeit ones. lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSeRider
    I think Lightbear just wants to torment us.

It's still hard trying to find those pens.

Oh you just WISH you were here...bwahaha!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocalvin
    haha. u know, i think hi-tec-c pens might be overrated. I have a bunch of Hi-tec- C pens, and I don't think they are all that good and teh quality isn't that consistent. My dad went to Taiwan and bought about 20 Hi-tecC pens for about a $1 each (US). I discovered that the quality of the pens aren't that great. Like, 3-4 of them broke on me, the tip didn't funtion or something. And some of them even bleed. Either the Hi-tec C pens are overrated, or my dad got me some counterfeit ones. lol
    i think those were counterfeit.. its taiwan dude...
    hi-tec c's are some of the best in terms of quality, and those dont sound like how they would normally act... almost all pilot inks dont bleed..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1