Sketchbook: And we keep spinning - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: And we keep spinning

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks saturniaus. Took a bit to reply since I like to post some sort of update when I do (nothing this time, but maybe next time?) I do have some magazines that I am looking at. Fredricks of Hollywood is a great mag that has some good poses (Kinda like the Poor Person's Victoria's Secret)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advice Saikin I start drawing again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL, damn I thought I took a long time to update! Just dropping by again man. Definitely see improvement through the last batch of sketches. Tried any life studies recently?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Work...
    I Have Asuggestion: I See Others Talk About Life Drawing And Books And Thats Is Ok, But I Think It Depends On What Is Your Goal, I Mean You Wanna Draw In A Relistic Way?, Or Amore Stylish, Or Iconic?, Always Is Good To Know The Basic Of Things, And Then Improve Yourselve Forward But Know What Is Your Interest Is Important Too... Anyway I Hope You Take This In A Good Way.
    And Continue Working, I Want To See Whats Is Coming...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GeeWesley - Thanks for stopping by. Glad I could help in some way.

MrBobMarley - LOL, you got me. I'm just waiting for all of this damn snow to melt so I can find a place to scan my 20 pages of sketches and update this thing...It's sad really But Yeah, I haven't done any life just a bunch of reference material since no one in this house sits still long enough for me to pull the pencil out. I'll show you what I mean soon enough.

DIMAGYAN - I agree. I have an idea on what I want to do and you'll see that in a ton of my new stuff when I finally update this thing. I mention the studies of anatomy because believe it or not, a lot of things can come from that basis.

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up about an update or something...I'll feed you in good time...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all...You guys wanted it so I am here to give it to you...here's an update after 3 months of sketching...14 pages! w00t! I know it doesn't seem like a lot for sketching 3 months, but you know, I'm just getting back into the groove of things...

I'm not sure what is what on here so I can't really give an explanation for them...Have fun looking and I welcome all crits and comments on what sucks and how to improve....thanks and see you in another 3 months!

Attached Images Attached Images                            

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you need to work on a few things. <--- *snicker*

Lines are a bit chicken-scratchy, it's important not to do this because it not only looks unprofessional but because doing the opposite makes you pay attention to form. It's important to know the shapes of things as you drawn them. Figure out the proper line and put it down the first time, if you are off, use the old one to correct yourself. ~Chairs mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's nice to see that you are doing studies. Try to slow down and really draw what you are seeing. Look at both the positive and negative shapes. Taking the time to really study what you are seeing while you draw it, even one time will be more beneficial than doing 20 half-assed studies.

I would start trying to get the tonal variation you want without smudging. Right now I don't see you thinking a whole lot about tonal rendering...it's just a bit of smudging, that isn't describing a whole lot.

keep up the studies, and make sure you keep it fun. ^^

also with what idiot apathy was saying about your lines, don't be afraid to draw through the form...or make some light "underdrawing" so you can better layout what you're going to draw. You can always go back and erase

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'd recommend "drawing from the right side of the brain" at this time.. take the time and do the effort to read the book and do every single practical task in it.. you'll be stepping it up in no-time!

keep at it

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting on SB a while back man. I should of returned the favour a long time ago. I have just been mighty busy with my course work.

You have some nice sketches in this SB. I think the sketch of the side veiw of the girl looking down in post 66 is definatley your strongest peice so far. Its a nice sketch.

I agree with Hyver. 'The Right Hand Side of The Brain' is a highly rated book which offers great explaintions on a wide range of different drawing technqiues.

Keep up the good work man!

C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, stark you have a progress in your work, seems to me that in ocations you rush to finish, and in others you take the time necesarily to do the job, like in the profile girl head, so you gradually are getting the proportions...
    keep working and have fun...

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87259

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Idiot Apathy - Thanks a ton for stopping by. I know what you mean about the chicken-scratch. I've been working on that lately and I think that I have gotten it down a bit better and I can see the form more when I only use 3-4 lines to get the entire form instead of a million small, sketchy looking ones.

Hyver - I just bought that book a couple of days ago, "The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" and I like what I've read so far. I might take some of fellahs, hurricanes, or Corriero (if you see this mike, I can spell the name!), and use those as "master studies" to get better. Imitation is the best form of flattery I suppose. lol

Texahol - Thanks a ton bro...I'll get to work on that soon. I got some scores to settle with you still. :p

AK86 - Thanks man. I'll drop by soon again and offer more insight once I update again.

DIMAGYAN - Thanks again for stopping by. I'll work more in proportions and perspectives to see what I can come up with...

I'll update either tomorrow late or next weekend..CHEERS!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why hello there everyone?!?!? Thanks for the crits in #conceptart and to all the others out here...I have put them to good use (I think) and am now updating to show my progress with what I've learned and am still struggling with...

Crits are great and Texahol: I stopped at the girl laying on her side I believe...or maybe the one after that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep doing more studies, and try to get them more accurate. don't be afraid to spend some time on a study to make sure you are putting down the right lines.

I think you've learned some things, keep it up. reference reference reference...when using ref, try to use it to understand how the form is going together, not just blind copying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's an image I didn't upload last night....I'll get it right soon enough and render it later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey saikin, it seems you have practice, i like the hands studies especially the first has a good line quality... concerned to the figures and heads, i think you should try to start from a basic form and then build up, like the movement studies that you have. is easy to get lost in details, and the look they should have...perhaps a reference studies could help... i hope you take this suggestion in a good way, and keep the good work...
    have fun...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you need to breakdown and get rid of the icons that you think you're seeing. Draw from observation and draw what you see. the biggest thing thats hurting a lot of your studies is drawing what you "know" should be there in an iconic form. [collarbone, stomach muscles, eyes shaped like almonds..etc] really study what you're drawing, and make strong obeservations. really look at the folds of skin, or curves of the body and see what they are really doing.

keep it up... and do more referenced studies. some self portraits from the mirror would help...'cause you look at your mug every day...but are you really looking, or just seeing?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DIMAGYAN - Thanks for the advice. I plan on doing some more of those today. I guess my foundation for drawing isn't that strong and everything else is suffering... I'll correct that soon enough...

Texahol - Thanks for whipping me! lol Those points were just supposed to be a point of interest...know what I mean? The eye thing, if you take a look at some of my other studies/observations of them, they aren't all almond shaped. They kinda fall that way when I draw the head too small or something...I'll work on it..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi man!

I must say that , damn , your improving very fast! and your doing the right things to improve! Justt keep it up, and remember to draw from life and you will be awesome in no time!

keep at it!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you show much improvement. However like the others said you are drawng symbols not reality. It is very common for begining artists. I would recomend William Pogney's book personly. It has a broad range of subjets, from perspective to life drawing. It goes step by step in the construction of each part of the face and body. It shows you how its all planes and overlapping 3d shapes not lines. I think that would help you immensly. There are many books like this but i really like Pogney work and book so i recomend it

keep at it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think Tex hit it right on the head "...Are you really looking or seeing?"

You have to really look and understand what it is your drawing. I get the same way, I draw too fast and it looks crappy. But when I go back and try to understand what I am trying to do, the sketch comes out a whole lot better than before.

Your improvement is coming along nicely just have to do more studies!

MORE PLZ!

Insert quote here -> ketch ook

SSG #70: Pulchritudo nos vocat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for stopping by.
    Your SB is getting better and better, you've developed a stronger line quality. I agree with the others that you really need to see what you are drawing. You anatomy studies show that you can do that, as do some of the less regular figure drawings, like the bottom left in this http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1171255858
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1171255727 is my favorite page of your newer stuff, you are really drawing what you are seeing with in this. There's also a nice gestural quality in this one that I've not seen in your work before. Definitely keep up the work with "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" - it is a ridiculously helpful book. Make sure to read all of the stuff she writes, it is a lot of text, but so so so useful. Keep up the good work! :]
    edit: A thought came to mind. Try taking a break from people and do some contour drawings of still lives/ objects for a while and then return to people with a fresh eye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys...I wanted to get this update in before the next week and weekend got hectic. So, here it is...

Dile_: Appreciate you coming by. Means a lot. I've done some life studies but none are in this batch...I'll show you next time...

sweetoblivion314: Thanks...I'm working on it.

lad: Yeah, I work on that as much as possible...but sometimes you just get frustrated and say, "Fuck it!" lol...thanks

bluefruitbowl: Thanks...I'm looking for an anatomy book other than Hogarth/Bridgman etc...I'm a huge fan of Peck, so I want that one again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    draw more from reference/life...I see you making some good decisions on your reffed stuff, getting a lot better, esp. that first page top left torso, good solid lines for the most part, and accurate hinting of light. Take some more time and do fully finished referenced drawings...it'll help you more than you think!

On the stuff from imagination, I can see where you're unsure of how something looks, and you fake it. Get reference....don't fake it~!

on your fourth image, the topmost right eye study looks good. careful about drawing the eyelashes...unless they have spiderlashes. mmm too much mascara...also that person with the dunce-hat with a belll [elf hat?] the use of line to describe two planes is really good. makes the form read nicely.

keep up the studies, you're making big progress. Don't get lazy.

...do a master study.... >_>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiyo. Don't get too caught up at details. What you did on the first page in your latest update is good! I'd work on the contour and only place down marks where the eye, nose etc. goes. Learn where the different parts are in relation to one another.

Gotta run now!

SSG 34
    gadammit it's
    The Selenium Six

..seer..alzorath..bunny..max xiantu..liquidjack..beershite..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, looks like you're getting better from what I see. You should do more ref'ed stuff though, I can clearly see the difference! Use your eyes and LOOK at the lines, instead of glancing at them. Doing ref studies put the lines easier into your hand later when you do unref'ed.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good lines.
    Keep at it with the fundamentals.
    Also don't forget life drawing !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The reffed studies look good, and it's nice to see you do gestures. I think you are improving in drawing what you see, and not what you think you see. Working from photos is a good first step, but don't forget to draw from life. Draw your hands and self portraits, and don't get discouraged but keep at it.
    I like the gestures too, keep doing those and try to incorporate what you see in life. Do the proportions look realistic? Would a real person stand like that? Build a figure on top of the ones you drew to check your ideas. An important part is also to keep your gestures fluid. Keep the pencil moving!

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we are working through a lot of the same problems . Keep hammerin away at them. And Adjust your contrast before ou post and this stuff will be easier to see.

chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love sketchbooks like this, watching progression is pritty damn great.

Good stuff and keep up the good fight.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2