Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    i'll be very direct, just so as to make it more obvious for u...to encourage u to take tat step to improve coz all of us knows our shortcomings on a certain lvl but just find it hard to push ourselves. ur lines r too thick and wifout weight thus making ur sketches blocky n flat. i myself draw wif a sharpened pencil all the time, preference plus it forces me to draw my construction lines light and create forms wif weighing the lines.maybe u can try tat but no guarantee it will work, i'm a newbie too. just wanna help. hope i was tactful enuff.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Listing - I have done some life studies (may not be apparent in above sketches). I'll do some more and see what I can come up with. Pen eh? I'll see what I can do :d

emptyvessel - I know exactly what you mean. My lines are thick b/c I usually go over them 3-5 times and then move on. But yes, I too use a sharpened pencil with every sketch. I use 2 different sharpeners just for the job. I think I'll have more confidence in my lines and see where that takes me

Thanks
    Great start here keep that pencil moving your line work will only keep improving! Draw from life but also keep doing anatomy studies!

Thanks
    Line work and shading both important. Try to get a feel for light source as well, that way your objects will look more solid.

Drawing simple objects helps. Eggs are pretty good, try to get them lit from one source and sketch them. I know it sounds boring, but it does help. Promise.
    *Tres Cute Sketch Group*
    ---no added monosodiumglutamate!!!---

Thanks
    nice stuff.
    I agree with the other crits. draw more life. Do your studies one day then the next day go to the mall or cafe or something and just draw people who walk by or people sitting having coffee. Get a feel for the movement.

Thanks
    I actually have life drawings in here...they're the shitty people who are obscenly small (sitting, walking, etc) I'm actually going to upload some more tonight...3 pages!

Thanks
    Hey, i like that back study. I notice your head's look kinda funny, so here's a link that Nuclear gave me in my thread - i enjoyed it. http://www.anticz.com/heads.htm
    Keep up the hard work.

Thanks
    i can see improvment but instead of feeling your way with the pencil try and only use one line to represnt yourself.and keep on drawing.
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Here is some more sketches. I would have uploaded them over the weekend or sooner but I was busy drinking... :p

fishspawn - Thanks for the link. I'll get to work messing with those heads in there and have something else to show sometime this week.
    guitarjames - I'll see what I can do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 625 Posts
Hey, Nice anatomy stuff,

I recognize that your heads are still way big, not much to deal about, still its easy to fix

Thanks
    Another tip is to lightly draw in your guide lines, "feel your way" lightly and then when you're sure where the line should go, draw that in either a heavier or with a darker pencil.
    *Tres Cute Sketch Group*
    ---no added monosodiumglutamate!!!---

Thanks
    i said it before and il say it again dont scribble with the pencil ,try out cwnannwn's tip also i see u drew the egg but u should shade it in aswell to get the feeling of lighting,draw lots of them with lots of difrent light sources. keep on drawing
    james
    idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    I like the reclining figure in that last post. Keep up the drawling.

Thanks
    Hi. Guitarjames gave you a valuable advice there. Take your time an think before every line, so you are forced to get it right on the firsta attempt. Of course this isn't going to happen right away but it'll make you pay attention to the initial placement of features. Keep drawing, I can see you're progressing already!

Thanks
    dile- Thanks Dile. I came by yours a while back. I'm working on the heads all the time so I should be getting better soon.
    fishspawn- Thanks. It's my roommate and she kinda moved her arms a bit but I fixed it quickly. I know her head is kinda messed up but I'm still working on those
    fedezz- Yeah, I try to do a line with one stroke but for some reason I like going over them a few times. Gives me the since that they are "perfect". :p
    guitarjames- I'll try...I think I can get it down but it will take some more time
    cwn annwn- I'll give that a try when I get some more time to properly sketch.

• Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast