Sketchbook: [How I learned to stop worrying and love to draw] 12/21 Comic and promo work

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    2nd Layer of Hell, where the lustful blow to and fro
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

[How I learned to stop worrying and love to draw] 12/21 Comic and promo work

Hello! I've seen how much everyone improves after starting one of these, so now, here is my sketchbook. I'm trying to become an animator, so I'm always working further to develop my own cartoonish style that's very expressive.

I have a few charcoal life drawing sketches and I should have some more this weekend after another session

Please, any feedback at all is most welcome!

And now, to make my sketchbook even better....LENS FLARES!

Because lens flares make everything better

//edit// most everything new is on page 2 and past. Alot of links are broken because i lost my old domain :0 apologies!

//edit// 4.21.09 Three years and even though I've improve a ton, it's no where near enough for how long I've been here. Really self-ass-kicking work starts and page 4 and shouldn't stop!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chiko; December 21st, 2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whew been too busy with work to do much art. Here are some quick life drawings I did today. Going to try and push myself to draw everyday now.

Time spent is next to the drawing.

I have alot more trouble with men then I do with women. It's their beefiness :/

Any critiques?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Hey chiko! nice sketchbook !
I only have one advice, and that is , put the Anime work away and start
working on basic
proporations, shapes and perspectives!
Drawing 1 really lacking of Anatomy! and thats because of
the anime that im assumeing you been drawing from!

Those faces are good but its not hard to see you
have been alittle inspired by anime, once again going to hurt
your drawing skills!

Those portaits are ALOT better! since they dont seem
to be based on any anime! Im just telling you what I think looking good
However, I want to see more lifedrawings!
Especially if they have the same quality as the last portraits!

Keep it up

~Dile

Edit** ouch, missed your newest update! Sweet! They are really what I wanted to see by my last sentence
You got the anatomy better, also the structure!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oy Chiko, lookin' good thus far. I'd give you the standard DRAW FROM LIFE jaw, but it seems you're doing that, too, so just keep it up! It can be hard to find a balance between doing what you like and doing what you need to do to really improve by those leaps and bounds. Also, don't be afraid to grab an anatomy book and just copy down pictures of bone and muscle structure. It'll give you a great fast track to seeing how they work with the human form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *whew*

been away for a bit, was busy with work stuff. Glad to be practicing again. Did some muscle studies. I worked some more on the male figure since I have more trouble drawing males then I do females

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More sketches today! just faces...since I really want to get good at expressive faces.
    I also have big problems with old people, so I make myself draw an old man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool stuff! I like this alot!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyo, returning the favour so far so good, these threads are definatly a good motivator, but the improvement comes from the hardwork that you ultimately have to put in, regardless of the thread. Try bust out more anatomy work, its good to see some, and also do some regular drawing from life, no matter how boring you may initially find it- it will help so much!. Try and do the muscle studies without rendering, which will really focus you on the forms. keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the girly scowl. Got feeling. In the "finger biting" the hand seems kinda off. Gotta side with Spade ´n Dile. More Life drawing (look who´s talking )

The old man comes off quit good, the guy with mad cow disease got the eyes not far enuff apart.

The little chibby with the glasse...that you contemplating anatomy ´n going nuts over it? Hilarious. Georgeous. y´should make it yer avatar.

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Spade and BBwolf for the advice! I'll keep working on doing muscle studies and keep drawing from life {even though I do find it dry ::sigh:

Here's all I have for today's drawings

Anatomy study

Aaaand Zack Braff from Garden State ! I try and draw celbrities sometimes and see if people know who they are, so I can tell if I have a likeness down or not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup chiko. Much obliged for the crits in me book. I am going to wait a while and see what you lay down here in your sb before i comment. Keep working.

-TeT-

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not much new here today. Kind of in a creative funk. I need to start doing some speed paintings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just had a chance to go through your works. Good studies, keep up on that. You have some nice poses and ideas in here. Some remind me of art from Final Fantasy series. Your shading and anatomy of the male figure is improving. Keep at it!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another photo dump today.

Doodles page and trying to plan out a piece.

One of the next pieces I hope to get done soon. I need critiques on the sketch before I go any further. Basically it's two teens playing cards in a room full of nifty things Any critiques on perspective, anatomy, poop?

Another piece that I hope to get some critique on before going further. I need to work on the position of the face, head, and leegs+feet. I'm trying to show the couple in a relaxed position against the wall.

Er really crappy speed paint done in about 15 minutes....this is my first one since I'm really horrible at them and im afraid to do them

um...effenminate anime dude?

Last edited by Chiko; July 25th, 2006 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild
    Just had a chance to go through your works. Good studies, keep up on that. You have some nice poses and ideas in here. Some remind me of art from Final Fantasy series. Your shading and anatomy of the male figure is improving. Keep at it!
    Thanks for the message! Oh man I hope not *_* I try to stay far away from looking like final fantasy ::tear:: guess I gotta work harder at being more original.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is very nice........
    Also the second post is awesome great hair and eyes. SOmething animation is good for. I'd say you need to work on proportion obviously, but you have expressions down. Keep pushing what it is you think your work can do. As for me my figure drawing stuidies are over 18 classes, so keep at it, it took 10 before I had confidence enough to post here. So your ahead of the game....

Check out bob -- schultzdrawings.com -- he was my teacher.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think these two are the best sketches in the SB, I think you captured the form pretty well and they just look good.

Keep it up mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see a lot of good stuff here. There is definately a lot of possiblities. Keep doing your anatomy studies, drapery, etc... I like how you are compiling your characters in with the backgrounds too. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey chiko, you have some really cool stuff here, I like the loose style. The one with the fart is hillarious, I'm curious what possessed you to draw that one?

Like the comment above, I'm also interested in seeing something more detailed and combined with a background. Take care!

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    N1va- hahah it was just the pose the model was in, and I felt silly. Thanks, I'm working on some stuff with better backgrounds...need to work on those...

Anyway here's some stuff I did today.

Cloth study. Something I need alot of practice with.

copying Walt Disney's famous self portrait. I mean...who DOESN'T want to be pyramid head? I hope I did an ok job painting it in painter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for checkin out my sketchbook, Chiko. I'm a huge anime/manga fan myself so I've been enjoying seeing your work starting to bridge the gap between that and life drawing. The frequency that you're cranking this stuff out makes me think about how much more I should be drawing :p I don't want to force it though otherwise it's no fun!
    The only critique I'd have on your stuff so far is get darker! Don't be afraid to let your darks really work themselves through. If you're having trouble with it, move to a softer lead pencil and force it in there. You could even try to work wtih charcole. In my drawing 1 class that's the only medium we were allowed to work with, and it really helped out a lot (messy though it may be ). Feel the light!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, cool stuff. If you want a really defined style - don't try to have one. You have your own style no matter what you think, and your style will only become further defined as you can draw from life more accurately. So keep up the focus on realistic drawing and don't worry about differentiating yourself so much - it will come before you know it .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice tigastyle and fishspawn!

I've done some more stuff recently here we go:

Um...so I was doing a sort of speed paint in painter and it turned into this a few hours later. I'm actuall quite happy with the lower part of her face, but the eyes really bother me, anyone has crits? Yes I made the eyes violet because it's one of the rarest eye colors and it's really pretty

hopefully the new layout for my site. I just threw some color in there, but I'm happy with the lineart.

oh like you don't want to just get naked and read under a tree :3

I like this one alot, still needs work thou

As usual, and critiques are moooooooooooore then welcome

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi. i thought i'd return your post with a post and cheque out your sketchbook. u have some good stuff going on here, your figure drawings are the strongest, keep those up for sure. also, i really like this one too : (http://www.kawaiichiko.com/doodles/s...etchbook12.jpg) you said you were practicing faces, and i think u nailed that one. it isn't overworked or underworked, looks great to me. anyway, keep it up.
    -AZ

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, was just checking back, looks like you made some updates. Is that a boy or a girl in the last painting?

I want more detail, your figures are good tho. Keep them coming!

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again everyone! Been a bit busy but here are some of my latest sketches.

Some concepts I was planning out for a character to be modeled in 3D. Trying to get proportions right.

A new piece I want to start, It's going to be a girl slouching in a throne, I don't know if I have the pose right or not.

Drawing random people in a bookstore :3 trying to practice from life.

Plllease critiques!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey cool stuff in this newest update. I think doing stuff like those quick studies in the bookstore will help tremendously, do lots an' lots of those. I remember staying in the VCU student commons for hours drawing people studying/sleeping/being idiots. For someone looking to do more cartoon/anime-ish stuff, it'll increase your visual vocabulary. Meaning you'll have more experience to draw from, more ways of thinking how a hand or eye looks, or whatever. Lots good hard work goin on here, keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see a lot of progressing in here! Drawing people from life is good practice, and I really liked the bookstore page, do some more! keep it up, you are doing fine!

• Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.