Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Yo, awesome SB! I think those studies are especially nice! looking forward to seeing more

keep at it.

Oh and FLCL owns
    Whos God?!?.....'God... well you know when you really wish for something?'...yeh??.. 'He is the guy that ignores you.'!

My SB

is the Elixer..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You draw lovely hands.

In the hand study from a few posts up, I especially liked the one labelled as being drawn from memory. It looked realistic, but stylised.
    My sketchbook has head pigeons.

Go leave a comment before they spread to the other children.

2nd Layer of Hell, where the lustful blow to and fro
    Thanks
    Ragathol- Yes it was a great excercise. I definatly need to do that to get pose ideas!

Animeboy-Thanks I'm really pushing to get even better in showing emotions. Need to act silly inf ront of a mirror to be an animator

Arekkusu-indeed flcl does Thank for the compliments. I still need a whole lot of work though.

haaay- Thanks for the compliment, I still need alot of work on hands. As well as feet. Hands are easier for me to draw on myself then me feet are heheh

Only one new update today. Been working on this painting. I don't know why I gave her a mutant arm before. Trying to refine the face and get folds right.

Thanks
    Hya Chiko

It´s good that you found the go to wanting beeing an artist. And that you need to take your work more seriously. And your afterwards posted studies are allready on the right track. I love the pic with girl posing with the game controler. You know of course that pulling controllers like that won´t improve the gameplay. But I like th girl because it still looks anime, but allready peeks into a more realistic approach. And good posing too.

And about beeing taken seriously. I really believe that it is the mindeset. When I reached the point of "I need to live from my drawing NOW" it took half a year and after that I miracalously got a job. And that was four years ago and I still haven´t reached a level of skill that is displayed by some minors ´round here.
    And I found myself a new job with drawing too.

So never ever believe anybody who tell you that you won´t be able to live from your drawing. Thats Bullshit. If you really want to. You can!!! And you will. Keep up the good work.

Wolf
    A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    Thank you Bbwolf!

I'm definatly trying really hard right now.

Today is a big art dump, started off with progression of a bust I tried doing quickly, but ended up taking me 45 minutes :/
    It didn't quite turn out how I had wanted it to..

Then a WIP that I was messing around with watercolors in painter.

Practicing some nudes from memory this time, trying the same pose from different angles. Also the closest to a self portrait you guys are going to get for a while hehe. I ALL MY 2 AM GLORY.

Then a pictures I made for the new layout of my website. Tried making it really messy like.

Thanks
    O man, I've been so wrapped up in a freelance job this past week I haven't had anyt time for practice sketches. I feel icky not drawing.

Here's some pieces I worked on.

Alot of concepts, and the character I'm trying to bring into 3D right now.

Need to start sketching again tomorrow!

Thanks
    Man, I've been slacking! Been really busy with more work and distracted by ::cough:: video games...so it's back to drawing!

I've been messing around in painter to try and get myself somewhat able to paint digitally. The first three are mainly me messing around with new brushes.

Some WIP of a piece I'm really trying to work into some form of completion. I redid the sketch many times to try and get the anatomy right. I don't think I've quite nailed it yet, so any criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Hi! Thanks for stopping by my sb.

I'm so impressed with your facial expressions. You can really capture a feeling, especially in a cartoon form. Thats something thats really difficult for most people. These: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1161509932 anatomy studies look really good. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on anatomy when you're focusing on it, but errors slip in when you focus in a different direction. Keep practicing until its second nature. You're doing great - much better than me on anatomy!

I think this last piece of the girl was much more solid before the last coloring. Something about the colors makes the piece look flat and dead. A little too boxy I think, and the skin is bugging me. Now I know nothing about digital painting, so I'm no help, but it just doesnt look right to me. I love the pencils though. Keep it up, and thanks so much for the encouragment.

Thanks
    Thanks morningbloom!!

I think I do need focus :/ I'm doing a lot of anatomy sketchs now from some really good models I found. Got to keep practicing!!

Thanks for the input too, I think I agree with you. The coloring really doesn't look good and it's bugging me too. This means I need to get rid of those layers and start back over!

Thanks
    Sketchdump.

Been doing some life sketches.

Dead tired right now from a busy few days...
    right now I'm feeling a bit down, like I'll never get to the point I want to be, because none of my drawings are any good right now. But I just know I need more practice, and to work work work.

Thanks
    Having alot of trouble shading...I'm really terrible.

Any advice on excercises to help would be most appreciated !

Thanks
    Cool SB, I think you have a lot of nice linework and digis throughout this. If you want to work on your shading, first off, are you taking your time with it or just making quick sketches like it looks like one? http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1163838886
    well if thats the case, I'd say spend more time on them and learn to shade as lightly as possible with a sharp pencil. I don't really remember when I started shading in details, or how I started getting more in depth with it. All I remember is that I started with circles and cylinders because they were harder than cubes and flat-sided shapes. Drawing people from refrence is usually good. You also need to sometimes go pitch black, like with your painting from ref of the guy's head. You went dark, but in the picture the left side of his head is in a really dark black. After you get a little better, learn to shade in subtlety, kind of like in this picture: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/hand/Untitled-28.JPG
    the hand is generally in the same light, but around some edges, its much darker, and planes of the hand that are at about the same level like the base and in the middle of the fingers between the joints its generally the same shade, while the pinky which is lower is in a darker shade.
    If you want to get really into it then next comes implementing color (just cause its only in pencil doesn't mean there isn't a shade of the color!) only real advice I have for that is avoid too dark and too light and make a median so if you want a yellow shirt you can just leave it white or if you want a black hat you can get really dark, sounds simple but it does take practice to make it convincing.

Alright well, some of this may have been confusing or not too straightforward, but I hope you get what I mean. I guess my best advice is take your time and do a lot of shading with more realistic styles like your kill bill sketches. You have a pretty good sense of value I can see in your digis so I think you just need to work at it. Oh yeah and don't call yourself terrible, that isn't normally the best solution .
    Last edited by Kvick; November 19th, 2006 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    Whew, need to get back to drawing, feel out of it for a little bit because I've been so busy with CG work.

Gotta do some life drawing tomorrow to get back in the swing of things. Here's some ideas I was messing around with.

Thanks
    new sketches, not sure why i feel so sick lately, need to draw some mooooooore.

Thanks
    Hey Chiko

Nice going Girl. Those last ones are really promising. You are not as afraid of colors as I am. Cool. And you have certainly an eye for them.

Those life drawings are coming along nicely too. And what´s with you don´t draw? Lot´s of updates since I was here last.
    What are those freelance jobs that steal your time? Not to mention the video games.
    A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast