Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [How I learned to stop worrying and love to draw] 12/21 Comic and promo work

Thanks
    I think Jake pretty much nailed it. I am also working to correct this plague of all artists. I'll be checking your updates as they come. Thanks much for stopping by my sb.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    2nd Layer of Hell, where the lustful blow to and fro
    Thanks
    Trying to work on more anatomy. Just got some new videos video from Villpu, I'm going to try out later and hope I learn alot.

Right here I was doing some screen shots from a favorite movie of mine, Kill bill. And some hands for practice. It doesn't really look live David Carradine though...just a really tired 20 year old

Thanks
    Hey good work up in here.
    I think the piece the caught my eye most was this one, it's be worth finishing that one up. Kinda has a bit of James Jean-ness goin on, with the palette and what not. The thing about James Jean is that he incorporates a lot of more stylized and anime-ish stuff into his work, but isn't totally reliant upon it.
    Keep workin at your chops, those portraits are comin along.

Thanks
    doing some anatomy studies and poses. Trying ti push myself to draw everyday.

Loosening up my wrist a bit to get more organic strokes. Got to keep practicing!

Thanks
    Some cool stuff here, and very good progress from the first pics you posted
    You still have a way to go on the anatomy though, but you're doing a lot of studies, so just keep it up. It'll click in eventually. Don't forget about the feet, that's one of the things that look most off in your drawings so far. Feet are hard, but you'll get it with practice.
    It doesn't look like you use the method of building up shapes and proportion with simple geometrical shapes? That can help greatly, instead of just trying to draw the form right from the start. As you want to do animation, never forget the power of the stick man! Stick men are great to plan out movement and proportion with, before building up the form.
    If I can suggest an assignment, do 50 stickmen acting out different movements. I think it'll help your sense of flow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragathol
    Some cool stuff here, and very good progress from the first pics you posted
    You still have a way to go on the anatomy though, but you're doing a lot of studies, so just keep it up. It'll click in eventually. Don't forget about the feet, that's one of the things that look most off in your drawings so far. Feet are hard, but you'll get it with practice.
    It doesn't look like you use the method of building up shapes and proportion with simple geometrical shapes? That can help greatly, instead of just trying to draw the form right from the start. As you want to do animation, never forget the power of the stick man! Stick men are great to plan out movement and proportion with, before building up the form.
    If I can suggest an assignment, do 50 stickmen acting out different movements. I think it'll help your sense of flow.
    Thanks! Actually I do usualy start out with geometric shapes, my sketches usually turn out so messy because of that :| I try to use an oval for the head, and build on it. I try to think of the body as a flour sack, to get in the fold the right way.

That's a really good idea for an excercise though I'm going to try the stickmen!! Sounds like really good practice for an animator. I still watch disney movies and go how do they get them to MOVE so fluid !!

Thanks
    Yep, it's all about flow and the "schwung" in the movement. If you're doing cartoon, bendy lines are good!
    There are these 12 "rules" of animation, created by Disney's crew back in the day, and they still define what we see as smooth cartoon animation or drawing.
    Read about it here. It's just a small article I found, but it's the basics. Think about it when you work.

Thanks
    So I sit..after someone brings it to my attention, why am I not taken seriously? Any interview I go on or wherever I send my resume into, I am not taken as a professional.

And it's because I don't take my own artwork seriously, I am not dedicated enough to improve. I don't draw enough, I'm not breaking away from the anime style that trapped me for so long. I am not living and breathing art.

I need to step up my work to improve, to come closer to reaching my goals. So I'm starting now, to work harder and push myself to work work work. To not just sit and wonder why I can't do this or that, but to make myself do it.

And I will make myself update this more often, and to draw more. I want to be a real artists, and not just be satified with my work.

Sorry for the rant but it needed to get out. Here's some things I drew today. First to learn how to draw noses and lips properly. Some suggested animation excercises, and some other sketches and paintings.
    After this I go back to work.

Thanks
    That's cool. I see you've thought of the line of action in some of those stick figures, that's always good to keep in the back of your head, even if you don't have to draw it out all the time.
    Good practices there, keep it up! The last pic with the action gamer is really nice, more like that! It's got flow, emotion and tension.

Thanks
    hi! i love that most of your character sketches has lots of great expressions which i think most people lack in their sketches i think u just need to work on your anatomy a bit but i think youll have no problem at that thanks for the sketches!

Thanks
    Yo, awesome SB! I think those studies are especially nice! looking forward to seeing more

keep at it.

Oh and FLCL owns
    Whos God?!?.....'God... well you know when you really wish for something?'...yeh??.. 'He is the guy that ignores you.'!

My SB

is the Elixer..

Thanks
    You draw lovely hands.

In the hand study from a few posts up, I especially liked the one labelled as being drawn from memory. It looked realistic, but stylised.
    My sketchbook has head pigeons.

Go leave a comment before they spread to the other children.

Thanks
    Ragathol- Yes it was a great excercise. I definatly need to do that to get pose ideas!

Animeboy-Thanks I'm really pushing to get even better in showing emotions. Need to act silly inf ront of a mirror to be an animator

Arekkusu-indeed flcl does Thank for the compliments. I still need a whole lot of work though.

haaay- Thanks for the compliment, I still need alot of work on hands. As well as feet. Hands are easier for me to draw on myself then me feet are heheh

Only one new update today. Been working on this painting. I don't know why I gave her a mutant arm before. Trying to refine the face and get folds right.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast