Sketchbook: [How I learned to stop worrying and love to draw] 12/21 Comic and promo work - Page 6

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your last WIP, the girl with glasses and the yellow jacket. Well done perspective in the full figure of the same drawing, what can be improved maybe, is how she holds her soda can. It does'nt look as relaxing as she looks, I think.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    2nd Layer of Hell, where the lustful blow to and fro
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whitevillage thanks man, I agree fully, the hand is way too large and it would not wrap around the can that much. I mostly dissatisfied with the face, I can't stand it. I really need help with 3/4 views.

I started on this concept piece tonight for my CGTALK entry. I like the pose enough and I'm sure I will develope it further.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool, looks very natural

SSG 37

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Chiko

Nice rough sketch. The pose is good. What sets the whole thing off, even at this early stage is the perspective lines of the room on the left. Feels tacked on and not really incorporated. 'Know what I mean? The perspective of the room should influence the person and the bed.

About the web-site
    It still looks kinda deorganized. But kinda fitting. I´d recommend a real font for the starter pic, not a hand drawn one. Try the PS Text engine. Once you dropped the layer you can apply lots of distortion options. I´ll attach a very quick how2. I hope you don´t mind my screwin around.

The biggest draw back for me, looking on it with mac and firefox, when I have a narrow window I can´t see the navigation on the right because it won´t offer a scrollbar.

I´ll have a llok into your portrait l8ter. Gotta get back to work naow.

Wolf

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ephemeral- thanks man, but I have so far to go, I really don't consider any of my work that good.

BBwolf - I completely agree, it is very tacky looking, I got rid of it. I'm not sure exactly how to make it look like she's sitting on a bed in a room.

Thanks for the critique on my site as well. I actually messed around with the 3k+ fonts I have in photoshop for a while, and I really like the hand painted on I did best :/ I couldn't find on fitting.

Something new I was just doodling, then it turned into a few hours work. Any critiques on how I can improve it? I like the composition (for once) but I feel the lighting is off somewhat?
    I actually I just like making funny faces at myself...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely sketchbook you have here, these two stood out for me
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1184013514
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1184314526
    maybe its just because of the pretty ladies though haha

great work on the expressions on the last one too, maybe try to get some more texture in the cave though, it looks too smooth to be made out of rock! well... rocks can be smooth I guess but you know what I mean!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the input heh, pretty ladies or no, I'm trying to make things look much more natural.

I'm going to try to post weekly (possibly daily?) Of progress and sketches.

So here's so work for today. Some upgrades. Let me know any flaws with them please!

I'm trying to flesh out the bg of the girl's room. They're supposed to be three monster's coming out of her clothes chest. Not quite there yet.

And I added some textures to the rocks, dunno if it looks much better. What are the looking at? I dunno, you tell me, hehe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Lovely thread! +bookmarked!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That girl on the bed is looking great man! You´ve really stepped it up a notch with that one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, the girl on the bed looks nice! sexy and nice pose. Her left leg doesn't look like it attaches to her body quite right though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jas0n 0n a bike - Thank you! I rarely have more then rubbish, but have fun!

Flaskpost- thanks! I know there are tons of errors with it, mostly being her leg, I just don't know enough about anatomy to fix it But I'm trying.

Unedibleapple- Thanks for the critique! I tend to like girls with funky hair heh. Yeah I'm not quite sure how to fix the leg. I sort of overlooked it in the sketch and need some help with it.

Some more sketches and practices with painting. Mostly junk. Some concepts for my CGtalk entry for "Strange behavior" which I hope goes all well.

Trying to come up with a concept for ChoW but proving quite unsuccessful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yeah! Tried to do some animal sketches, and learned that I cannot draw animals for CRAP.

I need some major help. Can anyone suggest some books/tutorials/ somewhere where I can get some help and drawings critters?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That´s some decent updating Chiko. Very cool stuff. I very much like the strange behaviour pic with the girl in the light of the fridge. Nice color pallett.

The Faces in a cave got better with the texture. Still, the stalagtites look kinda tacked on. They stand out too much. The rest of the cave gives no hints on dripping stuff anywhere else. And this close to the entrance it can show some plant life and cobwebs, or maybe even roots.

I found the classic "How ro draw animals" pretty thourough for occasional use.
    A good collection of national geaograhic helps too.

Keep it up chiko. That´s going great.

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Chiko, it's been a while since I've visited here, the progression of the girl on the bed is really good, also nice colors.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bbwolf Thanks for checking my thread I'll look into getting another book, because I really need some animal help. I am especially bad at designing creatures.

n1va thank you. There are many problems with her, but thank you for coming back to look at my work

Man I haven't posted in a while, been busy trying to stay afloat finacially, ug.
    Been sketching alot throughout this time, but nothing worth posting till now.

Was first doing some shading practice and contour lines, as well as some random sketch of girl.

Along with some really terrible man practice (since I draw females too often). Also some life drawings and some sketches I drew in Starbucks (I feel dirty in there, but I like the frappuchinos....). Did some practicing on the upwards head turn which I STILL have a really hard time doing. I think I'm improving slightly...but not fast enough. I still have so long to go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've also been pretty busy trying to work on my "Strange Behavior" animation entry for CGtalk. I've some some production concept sketches for modeling in 3D.

I'll also post my boards here once I've finished.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice style lovely ladies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That banana peel is awesome, very realistic looking.

This one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1187256256

... is also well done - do you do any 3d?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by n1va View Post
    That banana peel is awesome, very realistic looking.

This one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1187256256

... is also well done - do you do any 3d?
    Thanks N1va! I appreciate that you always take the time to look here at my thread

Yes I do indeed do 3D work. I'm trying my best to become an animator. Here is a recent WIP animation I did with the free bender rig that http://www.speedbumpstudios.com put out.

http://www.studiowhitesnow.com/3d/bender.mov

I hope you like! I'm also working on a 3D short for CGtalk's current challenge.
    you can check out my thread here if you'd like. http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=511203

Here's another piece of fruit that I did, with tips from bumskee's AWESOME digital paint thread. I chose a rotton apple...yuck. But it was interesting to paint.

Tomorrow I FINALL get to go to another life drawing session, I haven't been to one in over a year, YIPES! So I should have some good stuff to post soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I finally got to do some life drawing yesterday. The model was kind of a frumpy older woman, drew from 5 minutes poses, to 20 minutes. I don't think I quite got the look of her calves or breasts right. I'm still not very good at drawing woman anatomy. I hope we get a male model next week, I'm even worse at drawing men.

I tried to practice by drawing some Spartan kings, but I don't think I got the shading even close to right.

I'm also really diggin' the new Sweeny Todd movie, so I sketched Johnny for a bit in costume. I also know I really need to broaden my work and draw some animals, so I did a few drawings of Meerkats. I'm so addicted to that show, Meerkat manor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oOo, updates, checking out the animation right now. It's crude and definitely could be lit/rendered better but the animation portion is pretty well done. What software packages do you use for 3d?

In this one I like the middle one best, you should use it for your icon instead. Both of the other two have issues going on with the noses, middle one perhaps has an issue with her left ear but otherwise looks great.

I also like this one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1188255856 though there are some anatomy issues going on and you can benefit from an actual light source in the scene. If you don't mind I'd love to take a stab at painting over it, just let me know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by n1va View Post
    oOo, updates, checking out the animation right now. It's crude and definitely could be lit/rendered better but the animation portion is pretty well done. What software packages do you use for 3d?

In this one I like the middle one best, you should use it for your icon instead. Both of the other two have issues going on with the noses, middle one perhaps has an issue with her left ear but otherwise looks great.

I also like this one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1188255856 though there are some anatomy issues going on and you can benefit from an actual light source in the scene. If you don't mind I'd love to take a stab at painting over it, just let me know.
    thanks man! Please please! I'd love a paint over! I was trying to do some male anatomy since I'm pretty terrible at it, but that would be most helpful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Can I just say that I love your process [the girl putting on socks]. Really awesome amount of work you've been doing - I'll comment later with more substantial input, hopefully. Love the colors of the monster guy thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some new sketches I've been working on, I've mostly been busy with work, trying to work on my short film, and ps3 :o

trying to get finalized style for animated film. Some quick poses, and some hip studies and trying to get leg contour right.

need to work on painting and get lighting right, ug.

More update later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there Chiko, I like what you've been trying with your lighting, keep working at it! Lets see some more sketches with dynamic lighting, direct lightsources with big chunky shadows like that. Keep practicing with the pencil! Its like vitamins :p Keep up with your anatomy and face studies. Great work so far! Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice ksama, I'll start some today. You aren't kidding, i need alot more practice with different lighting techniques.

All I have today is further progress on a piece I've been working on, with some great help from the folks in the critique center and ais.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    total coole zeichnungen!
    weiter so

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your figure studies look great. now try and think about what you learned from those everytime you draw a character. The lighting on this last piece is nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Long time without an update. I have bunch more sketches that need scanning, so all I have now is digital paintings.

still can't get upward head turns right, yuck!
    Trying to paint a complete cast of characters too. The one chick is naked because I can't decide on an outfit yet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your cast of characters is looking good. Your painting skills seem to be improving quickly. Keep posting.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.