Sketchbook: Rblitz7's sketchy sketchbook of sketches - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rblitz7's sketchy sketchbook of sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks a lot armando! Yeah I was struggling with the top of the cup for a while but I had to move on, my next drawing of a cup will be better. Thanks a lot for the link to the .pdf's too, really useful.
    Woo page 2!

Last edited by rblitz7; September 14th, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi rblitz7! Great stuff here! I really like your studies and life drawings. Pics in 8th and 52nd posts are awesome - absolutely great work! Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your figures look good. I see that you are drawing big. My oppinion is that drawing on large paper forces you to draw from the elbow not the wrist, something I need more practice on. Unfortunatly I can't afford to buy large sketch pads. [sigh]

You want to go to school for animation? Cool! So do I! It looks like you are studying a lot of the same stuff I am. You are lucky to be taking lots of classes. I started my first class last spring, I've been drawing with only books for a long time so I envy your instruction. Keep at it. This world needs more good animated work. What sort of stuff do you plan on doing? Do you want to make your own, or work in a studio? Where did you say you were going to school? I didn't quite catch it.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Looks like you have a very good start (better than me at least).

P.S. I like the MasterChief avatar, is it your own work?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ulver: Thanks a lot man! I will be posting soon.

Q-Caddlewick: Thanks so much for the kind words! You dont have to buy big pads to draw big, try recycled paper, newsprint, or buy from ebay. As far as my education and goals go, I hope to attend Ringling School of Art and Design and one day work as an animator for feature film or games. Maby Imageworks or Bungie. Regarding my avatar, I unfortunatly did not make it...its Halo 3 concept art made by Isaac Hannaford from Bungie Studios
    http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=8858

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for taking a peek in my sb! Awesome studies and your life drawings kick arse. The sp is looking cool aswell. Keep it up, you obviously have talent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks a lot Spats!

sorry for the delay but here my first oil painting, still pretty early on. I need some crits!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree the figure drawings and the studies are pretty good. The line quality is up to par and overall they are working.
    There are some incertitudes here and there, especially in the paint dept. but it can all be solved with mileage.

Keep it up.

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks evildisco! yeah my paintings need a lot of work but im just starting out. I think I might try the painting a day thing. EDIT: Im gona take out the flower and the object behind out. I could then focus on other objects more.

Last edited by rblitz7; September 25th, 2006 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow your nude drawings are awesome , and they got much flow. just do more of them and update as much as possible. this is the best way u can learn the anatomy. and maybe you could try some simultaneous gestrz?

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree with everyone else and say that the nudes are smoking, and your first oil is really looking good. can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your latest update on the graphite still life is looking pretty good! Make sure you keep your darkest values really, really BLACK and your lightest values really really white. The way you have it right now, things are looking pretty gray, although, it shouldn't be hard to touch up. When you're working, make sure you focus on the inner values of each object. The shadow pattern in almost anything goes from light, medium, darkest, to really light from the reflected light. I think you're seeing that--I can really tell from that metallic pencil holder. Just make sure you really really exaggerate the difference from lights to dark.

The oil painting is looking all right so far, too, although I don't think it's as strong as your drawing is. You should probably include a painting or two in your final portfolio just for variety, but the idea is you want to emphasize your strengths. You seem to be good at drawing. Include more drawings. As far as your actual painting goes, make sure that when you're mixing colors that you mix in your pallete, not on your canvas. If you mix on your canvas, it tends to make things look muddy. Keep your pallete clean. Frequently change your water/terpentine/liquin/whatever you're using. Also, don't use black AT ALL. If you want something to look dark, mix it with its complimentary color. Black is a really harsh color, and it kills everything that you put it in. It makes it look flat. I'm just relaying information I've heard from other college reps--don't take it too harshly.

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by thesinfulsaint; October 1st, 2006 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by blanquish
    Draw everyday all the time, thats the best way to improve
    Well there you have it. So Simple, yet so Difficult.

We're all in this together, man! Keep posting. I wanna see where this goes...

-Andrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thanks for the comments everybody!
    Sinfulsaint - yeah I'll really try to exagerate the values, and I know black is a killer i just uh....idk...no exuse, lol.

well heres an update, any ideas for another object to include?

and some sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA a wine glass I think is mandatory for that image, even without the grapes~* It really looks like your understanding what
    your doing in your studies, which is really important. I'm curious to see how you implement what your clearly learning in your own pieces,
    keep it up~*

____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, “I would like to own this little piece of your soul… here's some cash.” Matt Cavotta

§ East Meets West SBSG §

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol thanks a lot Sartell! do you think the painting is good enough for ringling? i know its the whole portfolio that matters but...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your painting looks pretty good, but I'd still say that it looks kind of empty. Try to add something else that'll make it tell an interesting story. Like... I don't really know... It's hard to come up with these. It's something that we're working on at my college art class-- telling stories through still life. For instance, if someone draws ballet shoes, an ace wrap, and a bottle of aspirin, you understand that the drawing tells the story of a dancer with joint problems. If you're going to do still lifes, try to do something like that. Or do a surrealistic one where you change the scale, show motion, etc.

I think the painting itself is nice, but the subject matter is a little bland. You could save this one and use it for your portfolio if you are able to spice it up somehow.

Also, those figure studies are great. What site do you get refs from?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im adding a wine glass to this one and prob other stuff too. Thanks for the comment about my sketches! ref is from the Villpu Drawing Manual. downloadable here...
    http://basangpanaginip.blogspot.com/...downloads.html
    ...all 3 parts need to be dl'd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres an oil painting wip.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    any crits or anything?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry I don't know how far the painting has to go, but I'm not too knowledgable about still life things. But I do like your pencil lines alot and your figures are very nice. What's going to happen with the foreground and background of the painting? Or are you just keeping it plain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks a lot Jake! I think im gona leave it plain...but i might do a series of Halloween themed paintings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice sketchs! are you studant animation? ...and in your drawn look line action, is very important! sorry my inglish! Do you speak portuguese? good week! hugs! Avelino

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update...

something weird is going on at the bottom of pumpkin..the flash on the camera makes painting look weird too...but im almost done with this one. Any ideas for next halloween/ thanksgiving themed painting?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Avelino
    very nice sketchs! are you studant animation? ...and in your drawn look line action, is very important! sorry my inglish! Do you speak portuguese? good week! hugs! Avelino
    Thanks a lot Carlos! Im hoping to be a student of animation next fall of 2007. Oh and the correct spelling is...
    students....not studants
    and
    english....not inglish
    sorry I dont speak portuguese.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rblitz7

and some sketches

Absolutely beautiful! Good, solid, confident strokes! I love how you've rendered these sketches.

What kind of brushes are you useing for the paintings? I get the feeling you're useing ones that're too small. Try using the largest ones possible, and for oil paints you might want to try hoghair because of the nice texture it imparts.
    I can tell you're not as sure of yourself when it comes to painting. Don't be afraid to experiment. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Be bold and adventurous! You might want to do some experiments in Acrylic like try some blind contour line paintings, or maybe just try making diffrent brushtrokes and mixing different colours.

Also, try to pay attention to composition. I noticed that that pumkin is in the centre of the page and that the box the grapes are resting on is on the bottom line of the canvas. Those are big no-nos. Maybe you could try enrolling in a photography class? B&W photography's an excellent way to learn about tone and composition. If you imagine that you are framing a B&W photograph when you paint I find that it helps, esp. with still lives.

Last edited by Katfayheirti; October 25th, 2006 at 11:01 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The still life on the bottom of page one could have used some more contrast, there doesn't seem to be any dark except inside the pencil tin. I like the paintings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I admire your sexy studies, shit man...

Something zhuzhu's sketchbook opened my eyes to is the... hmm, aint sure of the word. Basically how the lines around form can be used, in a similar way to what youre doing.

Lovely curvey shapes/tight angles that look slightly exaggerated really... help!

It looks like drawing boxes/whatnot help but for some reason thats something i dont ever want to use, i aint sure why exactly, i just dont want to end up drawing like its some sort of formula ;<

Eitherway, youve inspired me to try some still life! infact, i might even do it tomorow... depending on my sanity.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

http://jackwhat.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Katfayheirti - Thanks so much! your right im really hesitant about painting but this portrait painting class im taking is helping out as far as I can tell. Im really not liking the grapes painting so im just gona start a new still life.

mikehan! - yeah your right but the flash in the camera also decreases the contrast a lot.

Jackwhat - Wow dude! me reminding you of zhuzhu!! lol. but thanks a lot for the nice words.

I have a good amount of stuff done and/or working on so expect some new stuff soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres a WIP self portrait with mirror I just started. sorry for the bad photo quality.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.