My 3 month journey (need some guidence)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My 3 month journey (need some guidence)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face My 3 month journey (need some guidence)

Ok so Ive almost finished my second year of college and ive got one more year to go. Now in the holidays im usually doing bugger all, but this time im gonna have an intense drawing session to improve my skills. Every day im going to be drawing in some way or form, for pretty long periods of time. Im going to get a Part time job soon so i can save up for florence but that wont get in the way.

The only trouble is half the time i never know what the hell to draw, Ive been recently doing a fair bit of life drawing and i know thats important but when you dont have people to draw what should i study?
    Ive created a little list so feel free to add.

Life drawing: drawing everything you see people etc.
    Doodalies: machinery, monsters the usual randoms i normally draw.
    Study from loomis?
    Anatomy from books?
    Light study: study simple objects under different light.

And thats all i can really think of so far, Im not really bothered about painting at the moment, Im just interested in improving my overall drawing skills. Id say I already have a basic understanding of drawing i just want to get better So it would be interesting to here what you guys do to practice.

Ooh one last thing I dont have a scanner yet but im getting one soon, when I get some bloody money.

Rich

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You could try drawing a variety of things. I sometimes go to parks, bookstores, restuarants, even a mirror is good. Experiment alot, if your doing a big project drawing something that your passionate about will make things easier too. Nobody can tell you what you feel like doing. You have to ask yourself and the easiest way to do that is to just try everything. You could try drawing something that you enjoy looking at...that makes things easier also. Good luck & have fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also i saw somewhere i think on the cgtalk forums, a program that generates a random sentence for drawing purposes... for example.... a three-eyed hairy monster is attacking a flying bombing tank on a beach

and then you would draw that

would that interest you?

PS: study animal anatomy thats great, dogs and horses and birds and everything

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelslo
    also i saw somewhere i think on the cgtalk forums, a program that generates a random sentence for drawing purposes... for example.... a three-eyed hairy monster is attacking a flying bombing tank on a beach

and then you would draw that

would that interest you?

PS: study animal anatomy thats great, dogs and horses and birds and everything
    It was here, and it was 3CH http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.