Sketchbook: ---JAIR's SKETCHNESS--blah! --6-19-07 - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ---JAIR's SKETCHNESS--blah! --6-19-07

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Man do you have some awesome stuff here. You're definitley someone who knows their colors, anatomy... three thumbs up.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AHHHH!!! there are demons in your classroom! GET OUT OF THERE!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i don't wanna be an echo here but the pencils are really great
    i don' know how much u draw per day but i think u should draw more
    i see some sketchez that show that u try to draw everywere and that's really good, keep on the good work

sal'tare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    look at this fool with his 5 stars!

damn that class piece is too BEAST! its like...the class has demonic girls as teachers...Oh teacher, please punish me! ooomh
    whats the exact color name of that col-erase ya used for that sketch? I gotta hit that color up

sorry, no crits this time.
    wait
    i got a crit

steal more damn chairs for sketchnights!

heh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup dude

you know i love yer stuff, but looking thru here i can only say that yer faces need extra attention. you have the values down, the realisim is splended, but sometimes the basic structure is off on yer faces. i cant really explain it more than that, but they seem to be slanted many times in one direction or the other.

solid tho, very solid.

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    modern- yes come visit!!! soon!

Fishspawn- thanks i like that one too... yeah my faces arent perfect but with more practice i'll get there thanks for the crit!

Ksama- hey yeah... i do kinda doo that sometimes mostly from pics though it helps with learning how to draw from imagination and stuff! thanks for the rate!

KanoaRogers- !!!!!!! yeah thats my hella boring professor! HAAHA

Denart- dude your crits are always welcome stop by anytime! silly foo das a ballpoint pen!

Skank- aww nice artwerk man totally boooooontastic! thanks for the love and crit now thats a nice post!!!

n1va, camilografix, thesinfulsaint and unu- thanks for your love here i like it! stop by again yo!

heres some new sketch junk

hour-n-twenty SP

sketchn people in class red ballpoint

doodle

poor photo but i like this one

ive been werkin on alot pen landscapes i'll post those soon...

-peace!

"we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit"
    -Aristotle

my OLD sketchs urban Exploration SITE!
    my BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice works here! i like your pencil sketches a lot. Keep it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup Jair,

sorry it took me soo long to post a crit, so i'll try and make this as meaty as i can before my short attention span starts to go.

I really like your in class studies most of all, because it is a lot of characters in a single environment, the next step is to show some interaction among them. I also like how you "layer" your images onto single pages, its a lot of eye candy in one shot, although sometimes it is bit overloaded for my brain to find a focus. I would love to see some obvious intereaction of characters in your sketchbooks instead of orienting them like dolls.

What I would do if I were you since you have so much time to build up to beasty mcbeast shit, is work on your all around "structure" of your environments and your characters. I notice that in your portraits you focus more on doodling in your rendering, mor than the form of the faces. If you "mapped out" the facial features and skull structure before you worried about texture and lighting, it will look a lot less distorted and awkward and more believable.

Your environments are nice, but I see some heavy duty reference from the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars books. Take there techniques but try not to copy them too closely. I would start referencing {real} architecture and landscapes and I think you'll start to have more diversity and structure in your work. I know when i try to do everything from my head without a large mental library can cause me to keep regurgitating similar ideas, so the more you reference different shit, the more extensive your mental library will become.

Last edited by MATYAS; September 19th, 2006 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, that was a nice crit.
    Know anything about graphic design Brian? haha, I need some sweet crits like that.

You have some of the best linework I've seen around... your shit still amazes me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice lifedrawing work..hard for me to render that fast in pen without having a ton of mistakes. Nice pencil work as well...keep it coming!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea raz, i like GD and I already know your shit is sweet, but let me see some of your stuff youve done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rawwad and silvestri99-
    MATYAS- dude! nice crit thats what i was lookin for! but to be honest i have recognized these flaws of mine and im continually trying to up my mental library... but this i will do even more jus becuase the GREAT MATYAS said to!!!! oh and btw you gotta show me your secret on getting that great line movement in your figures!!!!
    razuel- *big ass blush* unless that was directed toward matyas witch could very well be the case...
    razuel and MATYAS you should discuss GD business matters else-were! or talk to wesruv about GD he wants to start a business ...that i may or maynot be apart of.. who knows....

new shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

ive been doing alot of SP from life heres one that jus shows basic frame and shape and value kinda like that last life drawing thing i posted....

werkin on that visual library!

some from imagination... (useing visual library)

-post some love!!!!!!!!

"we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit"
    -Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah that was directed towards you.

Tell wesruv to hit me up if he needs another hand.
    I like the fabric folds on that guy's t shirt, very nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are among my 'nice surprise of the day'. you know, that feeling you get when you see something, somebodies sketch, a photo in the papers, a scene outside and you go - 'wow, niice'.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...basicframe.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sicshapeSP.jpg
    nothing to crit today, sorry.

edit - i like them both, love the angular but not too much, touch to them. i'm partial to the top one because A: she's a bit more loose, B: she has a nicer booty than you?

take care man

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude please put some pants on that cowboy, that is hella gay jair

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that marker landscape...it looks like an elven escape....with unicorns and GAY PEOPLE!

I can see wang is transforming you. Become one of us chinks! BASICA FLRAME! Did wang also tell you guys to shade like that? (cell shading style)

I saw beldue's huge ass graphite/watercolor piece at the show. She cool. she cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MATYAS
    dude please put some pants on that cowboy, that is hella gay jair
    definately, but he's an archer of some sorts.

the inclass srawings are quality, as far as the ones from imagination, take more time on your underlyin structure for proportions sake, carry on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by klid
    definately, but he's an archer of some sorts.

the inclass srawings are quality, as far as the ones from imagination, take more time on your underlyin structure for proportions sake, carry on
    Agreed... Your rendering is masterful, but it seems like your head structures in particular get out of whack sometimes-- slanted usually.

In the middle of nowhere for now, ...(Yuba-City)...well northern Sacremento is nice, I prefer the bay Area to be my home of choice.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW am loven the Spedy envio skethcs they're exactly waht am thinking of for my fantasy concept art am working on, oh and you pencil art work is fjsut amazing , am planing to go to the University of Art College in San Fran, Ca, hmm keep up th eart work hope to cya around the art industry, haha, keep it real ,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PROUD OF U!

dude i can see that u r growin as an artist. just keep doin what u love

btw! when did u draw my mom

[/QUOTE]

Once u BOON u don't go back

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i luv those4 sketche s, just keep pushing. post 102 that portrait is awesome!

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Been meaning to post for a long time now!

BOON- ive always been drawing your kind!!!! --miss ya man!

TheChosenOne_RHP- ive been haveing thoughts of transfering there.... hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Klid- "underlyin structure for proportions" OMG yeah i have been werkin on that for a long time its a hard this to grasp... yeas indeed thanks for the crit yO

Denart- yeah WANGS DA SHIT!!! and basic frame is important hence im still werking on it!!! i can tell tensia is all about da basicis frames!

razuel- actually i realize that my fabric folds arent the greatest.... i need to work on dat!

LETS HERE SOME CRITS
    i aint getting any better with ass taps altough they are apprectiated

so i havent posted in a long time.... this doesnt mean that i havent been drawing at all.......
    some pen stuff...

a gift i made for jen...

lets hear'em!

-Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking great man, great job on the horses and the figures are looking great! But here is my crit: I think you should start relying on your linework to convey form rather than rendering. Your recent figure studies are a great example, also your red ballpoint page of your classroom. it didn't take much rendering to know exactly what it is.You have great rendering skills, but sometimes the linework should read just as much information as a finished rendered peice.

But great job man! can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really like your stuff. keep working in that white pencil into your sketches as highlights, it brings those drawings to life. keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think some of your forms can look a little flat sometime. It's like you render a really simple form and you warp the outline of it to show more form. This makes the object look flat. Let your outlines overlap and become part of the object. Not something that frames it. I really felt this when looking at the redpage drawings. this is what I mean.

this isn't the best attempt to show what I'm saying but...it should get the point across.

the outlines in your drawings don't seem to help the form inside. they go against it. It tends to flatten the drawing in the end.

aside from that I really like the quick nude drawings. and your landscapes are pretty good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skeiff- man what you said right there is soo true and im werking on that currently ive been drawing mad amounts not really anything great and wonderful jus mostly lineworks and stuff those figures are kind of a glimpse of that!
    permanente1600- i was have the problem of getting too carried away by those highlights so lately ive been backin off the white pencil...
    thesmokeking-im not sure i understand what your saying... i think i may know what your typ'n about but im not sure?
    mentler thanks****

so latelly ive been doing some finished works in retaliation to doing too many sketches! and i think i learn more with more finished works that i do and heres one that i did one day and i would really like a critique... mostly about the aestetics and technique of the PS rendering i do however understand that there are some anatomy issues on the charector itself... i hope to do many more of these finished pieces and learn more about myself as an artist!

i will have more later i promise...

-Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, your pen stuff is really killin, love the stuff from class and love the pen gestures.
    Crits for the new piece; I think you compostition is kinda lacking. Plopping things dead center or just a hair off center can be tough to make really interesting. You've got a great atmosphere and a nice palette, but the BG seems a little generalized, I don't really get what's goin on with those structures. Nice textures, both on the figure and structures.
    Work on the anatomy a bit and you'll be bangin out sweet finished pieces in no time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andy P- thanks for the crit man i know what u mean! but this particular image was designed kinda spontaniously all in one single layer i also intended it to be charector design test... and also a palette test for another painting... imma gunna learn from what you said and the mistakes that i made in future paintings!!!

ive been keepin busy the past couple of weeks huffin some seriouse chemicals!! (aka oils paints) and heres what ive come up with... these are oils paints but i consider them to be jus sketchs or studies

...1hr 10min on both SPs oil on canvas very small

this was actually painted in my sketchbook... DAMN! its still drying... big WIP ill post its progress later! oil on paper

this was something i did as a test as well oil on board "very small" WIP

ive also been creating T-shirts in which i hope to be sellin somtime soon... this is the first of many designs... OPEN FOR A CRIT!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...28/tdesign.jpg

more to come... post some love eh!

-Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love those figure pages you got up there mang.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...428/nudes1.jpg
    oils looking interesting too, portraits could use a bit more darker darks and lighter lights - and slightly more attitude if you ask me...

edit - you did them in a real short time though? respect.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.