Thanks

Anyone else think nox is the best?

Cause I do, I've always liked the guys art but recently its, well, its really came to our attention! hehe, what with all the recent MB updates, I couldn't help but open a new thread in the lounge expressing my nasty puke infested fanboyism :: ::

I mean each and every update has an effortless flair ( which I know is what 15 years worth of practice prob. (nearly my age ) has on you)* but come on! I mean the guy has EVERRyThING on lockdown! Anatomy, character design, rendering style, colour theory, rendering skills, environments, tech design, composition... blah bady blah bady blah. Anything you mention, and the best thing is the guy is sooooooo consistent [quote]( which I know is what 15 years worth of practice prob. (nearly my age ) has on you)*[/unquote] I mean, its rare you see any dissapointing flaws in his work. Infact he is so very far beyond that! I'm sorry to say this but he is about 65% of the reason I'm planning on going to the Italy workshop (puke infested fanboyism kicks in :: :: )

Hopefully he gets shown this rediculous thread and gets a kick out of it, or even some minor form of pity. Speaking of which why don't nox and HPX contribute more to the boards? We've even seen the recent arrival of wesburt9thouzandz!1

um... anyone agree with me?

*did I just do... a double bracket??

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    He's so dreamy. I heard that wes once drank from his straw.

Thanks
    I dont think there ever can be a best, but yeah, Nox has that edge for me too blog. Esp that samurai in the MB portfolio.

Thanks
    watching him paint was quite the inspiration.. no tricks, no ref, just pure paint... they're bot extremely busy, hpx is currently directing an animated series in france, im not sure exactly what nox is doing, but he's busy for sure, wes posted not too long ago as wesburt, look for it

Thanks
    Kian, yeah I know, ya know what i mean

um, ok Mainloop, so this animated series sounds quite tastayyy1. Did ya get any info on it, like a site or anything? Sounds very interesting indeed!! Open a stupid thread and the thingz you find out hehe!

Thanks
    Who's nox?
    link??

Thanks
    aawww...........so cute*
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Why does Mr. Yiako justify, palliate, or excuse the evils of his heart? Anger? Fear? Stupidity? Some deep insolent urging of his soul? The answer cannot easily be found, but I have been a veritable oasis of civility in the present debate. I want to share this with you because it's our responsibility to challenge him to defend his commentaries or else to change them. That's the first step in trying to build a society in which people have a sense of permanence and stability, not chaos and uncertainty, and it's the only way to halt the adulation heaped upon batty opportunists.

For the record, there are many roads leading to the defeat of Yiako's plans to hurt others physically or emotionally. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, definitely think that all of these roads must eventually pass through the same set of gates: the ability to denounce Yiako's ventures. Armed only with a white shirt, pocket protector, slide rule, thick glasses, and some other neat stuff, I have determined that it's possible that Yiako doesn't realize this because he has been ingrained with so much of interventionism's propaganda. If that's the case, I recommend that we do something about the continuing -- make that the escalating -- effort on his part to require schoolchildren to be taught that everyone who doesn't share his beliefs is an irritating, nerdy sluggard deserving of death and damnation. He seizes every opportunity to make us the helpless puppets of our demographic labels. I cannot believe this colossal clownishness. Any sane person knows that if I were a complete sap, I'd believe Yiako's line that the Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either pathetic or blinkered". Unfortunately for Yiako, I realize that now that I've been exposed to his taradiddles, I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps his refrains serve no purpose other than to cultivate the purest breed of irresponsibility. If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

Yiako is firmly convinced that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli. His belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that anyone who has spent much time wading through the pious, obscurantist, jargon-filled cant that now passes for "advanced" thought in the humanities already knows that you'd have to be the town fool to insist that recidivism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. What may be news, however, is that if a cogent, logical argument entered his brain, no doubt a concussion would result. It would be nugatory to discuss Yiako's perceptions without first mentioning that most of the things Yiako has written would be complimented by being called merely "mind-numbing bureaucratese". And here, I maintain, lies a clue to the intellectual vacuum so gapingly apparent in Yiako's effusions.

According to Yiako's distortions, distractions, and outright deceptions, Yiako has the mandate of Heaven to distract people from serious analysis of the situation. Fortunately, most of the people who are seriously interested in preserving our civilization know that the reality is that Yiako thinks it would be a great idea to make higher education accessible only to those in the higher echelons of society. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed. When one examines the ramifications of letting him have a serious destabilizing effect on our institutions, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that he's like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. Pull back the curtain of cameralism and you'll see an uncontrollable, inerudite hypochondriac hiding behind it, furiously pulling the levers of heathenism in a sophomoric attempt to expand, augment, and intensify the size and intrusiveness of his junta. That sort of discovery should make any sane person realize that we are observing the change in our society's philosophy and values from freedom and justice to corruption, decay, cynicism, and injustice. All of these "values" are artistically incorporated in one person: Yiako. Yiako will probably throw another hissy fit if we don't let him prosecute, sentence, and label people as fatuous peremptory-types without the benefit of any evidence whatsoever. At least putting up with another Yiako hissy fit is easier than convincing Yiako's subalterns that Yiako has a strategy. His strategy is to numb the public to the egotism and injustice in mainstream politics. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with Yiako.

Before Yiako spews any more psychoanalytical drivel, let me assure him that his high-handed game of chess -- the disrespectful chess of conformism -- has continued for far too long. It's time to checkmate this biased, depraved sad sack and show him that if you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. For all intents and purposes, it's easy for us to shake our heads at his foolishness and cowardice. It's easy for us to exclaim that we should build a true community of spirit and purpose based on mutual respect and caring. It's easy for us to say, "Yiako's factotums are the worst that humanity has to offer." The point is that it's easy for us to say these things because today, we might have let Yiako ruin my entire day. Tomorrow, we won't. Instead, we will arraign Yiako at the tribunal of public opinion. His exegeses are like a Hydra. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to pave the way for people of every sex, race, and socioeconomic status to fulfill their own spiritual destiny. The only way to destroy Yiako's Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that if you think that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever his personal interests are at stake, then think again. To end this letter, I would like to make a bet with Mr. Yiako. I will gladly give Yiako a day's salary if he can prove that it's okay if his memoirs initially cause our quality of life to degrade because "sometime", "someone" will do "something" "somehow" to counteract that trend, as he insists. If Yiako is unable to prove that, then his end of the bargain is to step aside while I comment on his squibs. So, do we have a bet, Yiako?

NORX RWKS!1

Thanks
    wow, quite a long reply! you got lots of free time!
    Now seriously. I have looke for 'nox' in the search engine and I've not seen any member with that name. I suppose that it has to be somebody really good, and surely in the very moment that I could see a picture from him I would recognize him instantly.
    My intention was not be silly or unrespectable, because I HONESTLY don´t know mr.Nox -at least not with that alias, and I would like to see some work from him.
    So if you would be so kind to give me a link, I would appreciate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blog
    Why does Mr. Yiako justify, palliate, or excuse the evils of his heart? Anger? Fear? Stupidity? Some deep insolent urging of his soul? The answer cannot easily be found, but I have been a veritable oasis of civility in the present debate. I want to share this with you because it's our responsibility to challenge him to defend his commentaries or else to change them. That's the first step in trying to build a society in which people have a sense of permanence and stability, not chaos and uncertainty, and it's the only way to halt the adulation heaped upon batty opportunists.

For the record, there are many roads leading to the defeat of Yiako's plans to hurt others physically or emotionally. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, definitely think that all of these roads must eventually pass through the same set of gates: the ability to denounce Yiako's ventures. Armed only with a white shirt, pocket protector, slide rule, thick glasses, and some other neat stuff, I have determined that it's possible that Yiako doesn't realize this because he has been ingrained with so much of interventionism's propaganda. If that's the case, I recommend that we do something about the continuing -- make that the escalating -- effort on his part to require schoolchildren to be taught that everyone who doesn't share his beliefs is an irritating, nerdy sluggard deserving of death and damnation. He seizes every opportunity to make us the helpless puppets of our demographic labels. I cannot believe this colossal clownishness. Any sane person knows that if I were a complete sap, I'd believe Yiako's line that the Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either pathetic or blinkered". Unfortunately for Yiako, I realize that now that I've been exposed to his taradiddles, I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps his refrains serve no purpose other than to cultivate the purest breed of irresponsibility. If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

Yiako is firmly convinced that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli. His belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that anyone who has spent much time wading through the pious, obscurantist, jargon-filled cant that now passes for "advanced" thought in the humanities already knows that you'd have to be the town fool to insist that recidivism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. What may be news, however, is that if a cogent, logical argument entered his brain, no doubt a concussion would result. It would be nugatory to discuss Yiako's perceptions without first mentioning that most of the things Yiako has written would be complimented by being called merely "mind-numbing bureaucratese". And here, I maintain, lies a clue to the intellectual vacuum so gapingly apparent in Yiako's effusions.

According to Yiako's distortions, distractions, and outright deceptions, Yiako has the mandate of Heaven to distract people from serious analysis of the situation. Fortunately, most of the people who are seriously interested in preserving our civilization know that the reality is that Yiako thinks it would be a great idea to make higher education accessible only to those in the higher echelons of society. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed. When one examines the ramifications of letting him have a serious destabilizing effect on our institutions, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that he's like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. Pull back the curtain of cameralism and you'll see an uncontrollable, inerudite hypochondriac hiding behind it, furiously pulling the levers of heathenism in a sophomoric attempt to expand, augment, and intensify the size and intrusiveness of his junta. That sort of discovery should make any sane person realize that we are observing the change in our society's philosophy and values from freedom and justice to corruption, decay, cynicism, and injustice. All of these "values" are artistically incorporated in one person: Yiako. Yiako will probably throw another hissy fit if we don't let him prosecute, sentence, and label people as fatuous peremptory-types without the benefit of any evidence whatsoever. At least putting up with another Yiako hissy fit is easier than convincing Yiako's subalterns that Yiako has a strategy. His strategy is to numb the public to the egotism and injustice in mainstream politics. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with Yiako.

Before Yiako spews any more psychoanalytical drivel, let me assure him that his high-handed game of chess -- the disrespectful chess of conformism -- has continued for far too long. It's time to checkmate this biased, depraved sad sack and show him that if you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. For all intents and purposes, it's easy for us to shake our heads at his foolishness and cowardice. It's easy for us to exclaim that we should build a true community of spirit and purpose based on mutual respect and caring. It's easy for us to say, "Yiako's factotums are the worst that humanity has to offer." The point is that it's easy for us to say these things because today, we might have let Yiako ruin my entire day. Tomorrow, we won't. Instead, we will arraign Yiako at the tribunal of public opinion. His exegeses are like a Hydra. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to pave the way for people of every sex, race, and socioeconomic status to fulfill their own spiritual destiny. The only way to destroy Yiako's Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that if you think that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever his personal interests are at stake, then think again. To end this letter, I would like to make a bet with Mr. Yiako. I will gladly give Yiako a day's salary if he can prove that it's okay if his memoirs initially cause our quality of life to degrade because "sometime", "someone" will do "something" "somehow" to counteract that trend, as he insists. If Yiako is unable to prove that, then his end of the bargain is to step aside while I comment on his squibs. So, do we have a bet, Yiako?

NORX RWKS!1
    Are you serious? Do you think using lots of big words makes you sound intelligent? It's more comical than anything. Besides the fact that your attempt at sounding intellectually superior to Yiako crashed and burned with the first sentence, what was the point? He didn't do anything to instigate that.

sanby

Thanks
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    guys...it...was...a..joke? hint of sarcasm not detected? lol!

Thanks
    Thanks for the link bat -at last -
    I'm agree about that this guy is really great. Not the greatest to me but definetely a top dog.

@blog : Don't mind. I suppose the problem is that I seemed sarcastic when that was no my intention

Thanks
    This thread is over flowing with cheese, theres nothing wrong with admiring another artist but for christ sake spend more time working toward achieving your own "greatness" and lesstime making "ball cuping" post like this.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    yeah, ur totally right, but it aint all that bad, infact... its all muthafuckin grayvayyyyyyyy

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.