Sketchbook: Kitsu's obnoxious title (New 072106)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kitsu's obnoxious title (New 072106)

I don't draw or paint nearly enough, and I tend to get distracted from doing either fairly easily. That sucks because I've spent quite a bit of time learning to do both, and I think I'm finally getting halfway decent...
    Anyway this is me starting another sketch book that will probably die in a few months just like the last one. Hopefully I can get a little more motivation and experiance out of this one before I crap out again.

Recently I found a couple of comments around here that helped me loosen up and relax when I'm drawing. I had gotten to the point where the premonition of crapiness stopped me before I even put pencil to paper. I'm still not in the habit of saving my horrendously bad sketches, but I am make a lot more of them - and that is a good start.

DIRTY C'S 3 RULES OF PAINTING
    Form's post in Hurricane's Sketchbook

Enough blather - here is some recent stuff I've done while I'm not wasting my time on video games:

The most recent thing I've done in color. Done in OpenCanvas, the image links to the wpe. I've posted some other stuff recently in the OC thread.

I've been trying to do the DSGs, but I don't usually post what I come up with.

DSG 1079: Fantasy Tech: LAND VEHICLE UTILIZES LARGE BALLOONS TO EASE PAYLOAD WEIGHT

DSG 1081: Creature: FANTASY RUMINANT HAS SINGLE LARGE, CRESCENT-SHAPED, HORN

I figured out on the last one that I didn't know how to draw cattle so

DSG 1084: Fantasy Scene: PERSON IS CARRIED AWAY BY FLOCK OF BIRDS

I've been interested in anatomy lately (an odd thing for me) and while most of it is throw away here are a few decent things... oops, I forgot to upload some

Self portrait done looking into a dark monitor

Lastly I continue to delude myself into thinking I will enter one of the weeklies. Now that the under-used IDW is two weeks long I have ample opportunity to finish an entry, right? This scan came out terrible btw -

IDW 0012: Peacetime Transport - Sky Yacht (so original right )

Last edited by Kitsu; July 21st, 2006 at 02:43 PM.
    [Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.