Sketchbook: Kitsu's obnoxious title (New 072106) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kitsu's obnoxious title (New 072106)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Gaaah!

Last night I felt too tired to draw, so I started drawing! Then I got tired and my focus started to wander, So I drew more! Finally I was exhausted and went to bed... AND drew some more!!

Still no figure confidence, gotta push a little harder

Last edited by Kitsu; July 6th, 2006 at 01:05 PM.
    [Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all.. i have to say is daaaamn..in the anatomy studies

. . and why are you not applying your anatomy knowledge in your originals

;-; come on.. :3 YOU CAN DO IT
    -----
    wow im not working hard enough..after seeing this.. are you working on any originals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

bibi neko

A slight increase in quantity... My weakness defeated me again - I wasted at least an hour last night, and didn't draw anything at work. I'm also still too worried about doing well I'll try to increase quality this weekend as I should have more drawing time earlier than nine at night

Thinking about poses and doing more full figures (not just little people). I encourage anyone draw/paint over or modify these in anyway. The first two pages are from anime referance - I tried to remove some of the destortion, but it is built in too deeply The next are from photoref, the last one is my final attempt before passing out. Sorry if the contrast on these is crap, I adjust them when I scan them, but here at work they always look terrible

Name those quotes?
    A dropout can beat a genius with hard work!
    Hard work is meaningless if you don ' t believe in yourself!
    Youth Explosion!

[Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow well.... it does show you have a better understanding with your anatomy
    *thinks*
    which one of the photos doesnt use a reference though..
    if you dont mind me asking

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I may try a paintover once I Get off my god-damn ass.
    Main problem I see is squashed proportions. A few have big heads on tiny bodies with short legs. Mainly the "Eek" one.
    You've got some great value work going on! Feet are looking better too. Keep it up!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Joe: Yeah, those are the distroted anime refs I was talking about - I didn't realize how much they messed with the proportions until now - creepy!

Rose: You caught me - I used some form of reference for all but the last page - and it was a pretty weak attempt. Remember, using and learning from reference is important, just don't become relient upon it!

Okay, I have numerous excusses I could use for why I accomplished so little this weekend (I was sick, I had to work, life interviened, whatever). The truth is I could have done more but I was lazy. It doesn't take that much effort to move a pencil - If you are concious you can draw! Strange how I only remember that while I'm here though... Anyway here is the weekend's small assemblage

The last page was supposed to be hair studies, but yeah - Don't over render females!!
    BTW: These heads come from a hair style magazine I picked up a while ago. The thing is great, it's nothing but pages and pages of heads. No guys tho... I'd like to find a good fashion mag to go with it - I need to do some serious clothing/costume studies

Here are a couple of hands I did for warmups, but then took too far and didn't actually do anything after them.

Here is a save about halfway through the next one

And here is where I gave up

The images are links to the wpes.

I'll see what I can get done today - I may have more hard labor waiting for me when I get home

Last edited by Kitsu; July 10th, 2006 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice , keep it up i like the swat guy

idelwise pirate my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mondays suck
    Only one little page of sketches last night

Still missed some things, but getting a little better.

Here is what took most of my drawing time last night - a markup for Joe's Teen Challenge entry
    shape/anatomy notes

quick over-paint

tried to analize the composition

crop with everything on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow :3...
    hey why dont try an original portrait.. just to see where you at.
    ----
    as for me.. hehehe... yeah i thought about not posting anymore till i get a new sketch.. but what can u do..when you want to respond to a question thats asked in your post...

anywho...
    but your art is improving :3
    im still trying to understand how hair works.....
    :3 any pointers?

you know.. we should totally.. get a chance to O.C :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks alot man! Definately helped. hough I have to say I don't agree with your crop. I think A crop would help, but I think cutting off the foot breaks it up. I do get your thinking with the composition though, As I tried I too yesterday and got the spiral. I'll have to second White Rose on the original part though. Keep it up man!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rose: Okay, today I'll do a head with no ref to see how I'm doing. For the sketch to post Idea - just take a minute to skribble something while your thinking about what you want to say. It doesn't have to be anything earth shaking, just some hand/eye practice while your brain is preoccupied Okay, Hair! I still don't quite get it, but it seems to help if you think about it as big clumps rather than as strands. Try to see the big shapes and how they interact, look at the silhouette rather than the details. Lastly I'm going to try to setup an OC server on Warpaint this weekend - I don't know when I'll be on though.

Joe: Yeah, cutting the foot off is bad (though it does make him look like he is about to hit the camera). That spiral is neat, it seems to be built into your composition but I can't see exactly where it is coming from? Definitely gives that sense of falling though.

BTW do all my sketches look ugly/over contrasty on your end? When I preview these at work they always look terrible - not at all like the origonal paper version... I suppose it's just these new flat screens?

Not very productive last night (had to do some manual labor when I got home). All I got done yesterday were some sketches for the current DSG topic. It's a good topic, so I'd like to take it all the way to paint. I've got things laid out pretty well, I'd like to setup a more dramatic view though

I really like the pen I used for these - a Pentel Impulse (fine). It doesn't give any variance in value (like a bic does), but it gives a ton of variation in width.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nope, they look okay to me. Nice stuff today! I got to remember to do those DSGs.
    Question, does OC work on MACs? If so, where do I get it? Because these colabs people are doing sound fun!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Joe: Good to hear things arn't as bad as they look! For OpenCanvas - no It is only for Windows But you could try emulating and see if it works... but there is basically no chance that pen-pressure would work under emulation. I did like a five minute search and found this, might be useful: Microsofts "solution". Maybe this weekend I'll try to convert a few of my wpes to videos so you can see some of the stuff I was talking about in your thread today.

Okay here's some stuff from yesterday - virtually all from mind. I really need to do no-ref stuff more often, my skills at doing stuff from my head are still really weak! I guess I need to do one page of no-ref for every page of refed studies I do

Here is a two minute markup I did this morning on what I dislike about the first page

Mainly I was irritated that the upper and lower portions of the faces seem to be looking in different directions. Also I seem to be having some problems with cranium proportion.

Oh-well, got to keep moving forward

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Crap, I don't think it's going to work then, because basically, Virtual PC is shit. If I had an intel mac i could just run windows regularly, but I don't. I'll edit in comments when my head clears up, I'm all bogged down. Why did I wait so long to start CHOW?!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lol! Looks like everyone else had the same kind of day I did yesterday. I was dead tired and really didn't feel like drawin... but I did anyway! Didn't really work out that well. I think I picked up some ideas, I just didn't have the energy to execute properly.

These are done in all pen and only pen - from crappy layin to poor rendering
    None of my little error recovery techniques work on these pen sketches, guess I need to just put things in the right spot to begin with!
    BTW yes all those noses are on the wrong plane

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh..these look good :3

did you do it with or with out reference.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man your sketchbook really comeing along well, NICE stuff
    I really diggin your anatomy stuff, so just keep
    it up, not much to crit

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: Thanks!
    Rose: Everything from the last post was reffed, nearly everything in the one before that was without.

Managed to do some drawing yesterday
    Here's some random stuff I did at work and one reffed head

The preparation (pencil and work scanner )

After erasing the horrible hatch lines

When I got home I managed to put a couple of lines on paper

Finally I did some paintover for White-Rose. I actually forgot until this morning, so these are a little rushed

combination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you :3
    i dont know why i keep making the same mistakes. i need to read through my anatomy book once more.
    :|

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rose: Mistakes aren't a problem unless you ignore them. Keep fighting with the things that give you trouble. Even when you feel your not getting anywhere with your problem your skills in other areas will be increasing!

Meh, it seems that I can't access nearly half of the forum today. I couldn't get into anyone elses SB threads either... Well I did some more hair last night, now if it wern't for the damn faces attached to them

And some no-ref stuff before I passed out

Oh! looks like things are working again?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Missed a buch! More nice stuff. #1 problem right now, ladies with man-faces. Woo. I can't pinpoint what's wrong, but I may suggest. Maybe try varying line weight, or at the least making the features less defined. Maybe try and exaggerate a little for now. Soften curves, omit lines, lengthen faces, etc. I can tell they're ladies, so your on the right track, just keep it up!
    P.S- If I don't start doing more faces by the end of the week, please bitch to me about it constantly through PM's.(Doing it in my SB would only bump me, and would not be punishment) On a side note, OC doesn't work on mac, and niether does CA sketcher pen-pressure, so I continue my search.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow.. ok. So i have to say, you're lighting on those digital anatomical studies is amazing. You've definitely got a keen sense for it. Now if i can just get myself to be as skilled as yourself with it, maybe i'd have less trouble. Hah!

Awesome sketchbook btw. Your studies are great, and despite your errors in some places, its easy to see you'll work through them fast. Keep the updates coming.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :3 looks like your continue to going on a good path..
    i noticed in the middle of the day (eastern time) it starts to act a bit funny...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I only managed one little page last night (actually did some at work too, just forgot to take it home to scan). I've really been lacking inspiration to draw the last few days. Things are picking up around here again though, 's got me all fired up! Damn, and I've still got way to much to do at work

Joe: Damn, you caught me. Yeah, some of me faces have been getting a bit mannish; allthough I thought I had been doing pretty well. That one though... she looks kinda like the worlds worst cross dresser . One problem I've had with these is including to much information from the referance - Women's faces don't hold up well to too much definition, but there is always this shape or that detail that I want to get in -> then poof the whole thing just transforms into a man

Lord Blue: Thanks! I still look at most of the paintings around here and say "wow, how do thay understand light so well?". So its good to hear I might be starting to get it, even if I didn't know about it

Okay, some kinda interesting stuff. I kind of tend toward interesting gimicks when I'm not feeling very confident

I will definatly get more done today - no more distractions!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for replieing dude!
    looking good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, I didn't get much done last night either! To make up I did a 30min dsg sketch this morning before work

Meh. We have a company picnic this weekend and I have to go I would really rather stay home and play on the CA paint-chat! Oh well, I'll try to get something done anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good! The DSG is a little sloppy, but I can tell what it is. Good luck on that company picnic!
    On a side note- Damn you and your ability to use the paint-chat!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work! I especially love the hand, and find it extremely helpful. I have had trouble starting to paint digitally, your use of red gives me an idea how you paint skin. Thanks
    Greate work all together, some characters look a bit short, but it seems you have pretty mutch already fixed that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi Gr8 Study

Hi your doing a gr8 study hope to see more

your understanding how to lift the mass gr8 work

MY SKETCH BOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nice sketchbook. I think your stuff are showing mild comic influences, are you into comics?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.