Art: First thread...and it's a picture of me

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First thread...and it's a picture of me

Well, I've looked at CA for a while as a guest and I have finally joined up. As I was going to start a SB, I noticed the self portrait area and as luck would have it, the first thing in my SB was a self portrait. Without further adeu, here is me.

First thread...and it's a picture of me

It has minor problems and it doesn't look 100% like me, but I am please.
    I'm not sure how comments and crits work here, but I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions. Thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The eyes are a little wide. Also you should work on the nose and maybe add more of a highlight to make it more 3d.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would have to add to this that eyes are hardly ever pure white, its interesting how they never actually are but its typical way of human eye to think or generalise it, thinking its pure white in a same manner as we think that sea is blue and grass is green, however we as artists or should I say God's notice these little nuances of life, things are not what we use to think that they were when we were children.

Oceans has brown, yellow, red, green in them - skin tones are not pink there is also visible hues of orange, violet, green, blue in them, eyes are not white they are darker with hues of blue or red or yellow or green etc

Anyhow your picture is greyscale so those things dont be consairning this (I went to far with my thinkings lol!) I also feel like that the face could be more 3 dimentional, and I would like to see the reference photo or if you were not using photo then at least any photo of youself at all for the reference, more easier to crit or compliment !!!!

look I dont know why I love you I just do

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.