Tablet question

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tablet question

Thanks

Tablet question

by the way im new here so hi

i'm looking into getting a tablet but im not to sure which i should get, i dont want to spend to much on one and realize that i dont like using them.

Aiptek HyperPen 12" x 9" USB Tablet with Cordless Pen and Mouse

-Cordless, pressure-sensitive pen features 512 levels of pressure and 3048 lines-per-inch resolution
    -Responsive tablet offers a generous 12" x 9" writing surface
    -Draw on top of any desktop layout, and save and e-mail drawings with ease
    -Open the Free Notes program to jot down notes, sketch drawings and make helpful reminders
    -MetaCreations Art Dabbler software for drawing, sketching and tracing functions
    -Create and verify signatures electronically with HyperPen and included CADIX software
    -Office Ink software allows for signing and annotating documents in Microsoft Word
    -Cordless mouse performs all mouse tasks like double-clicking and menu selection
    -USB connection for easy installation

this is one i found at best but for $149.99 and was wondering if it was anygood

i havent done a lot of work on my comp except for modeling with 3dsudio max but i do sketch alot and i pretty good at drawing

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi,

I don't know anything about Aiptek tablets but think most Painter users would say Wacom tablets are the best. I've used both the older Wacom ArtZII (roughly equivalent to the current Wacom Graphire2) and currently use the Wacom Intuos 2. I've never had problems with either tablet except getting pressure sensitivity working with the Intuos 2 and that was a very simple fix, just deleting the wacom.dat file (only in Windows) and rebooting.

Wacom's tech service is great.

Take a look on the Wacom site at:

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/index.cfm

Good luck,

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks

Aipteks are not good!!!!

Greeting:

I bought an Aiptek 6x8 tablet in hopes that it would be good enough to work with.... Here is the short of it, it was a waste of 100 dollars. I ended up buying a wacom and I have never had a problem with it. The Aiptek tablet would lag like crazy, skip while drawing and painting, or stop working at all. I had the latest drivers for it, and my friend also had the same problem. He also got rid of his and got Wacom At first it was only annoying but then trying to texture a 3D model became a living hell. If you can't afford the intous 2 wacom tablet just get the Graphire version. It's more than worth it especially since you get a good set of software that's worth almost the price of the table itself. I hope this post is not to late and you did not commit my horrible mistake. Save 100 bucks and get the real deal. Wacom is the only good option. Aiptek was A WASTE!!!!

Good luck.

Alex
    3D Artist

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.