Thread: dqsqsdf

Thanks

dqsqsdf

qsdfsqdf
    Last edited by Jens; October 4th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Don't know about the varnish, but...

Acrylics are copolymer plastics. The surface has a tendency to stick to surfaces when it's under pressure. Solution? try cutting a roll of regular kitchen wax paper to a 1/4" smaller in both dimensions than your pages. Stuff this pile in an envelope and gumband it to the back of your sketch book. When you do a page in acrylic, just pop a sheet of the wax paper in after the paint's dry. DO NOT STORE the wax paper IN your blank pages. It'll cause problem when you try to draw with any water-based media.

You can also use thin sheets of poly plastic, like from those slightly textured poly pockets that offices use to store documents in. Poly will NOT stick to any thing, even if you want it to. It might make a snicky noise when you lift it, but it wont harm the acrylic. And it won't cause any plastic migration problems like acetate or vinyl would.

I use the blue silicon treated sheets from old rub down type I used to use when I ran my agency, but they're all at least 20 years old. That stuff isn't very common anymore because of computers...I have a cache of about 3,000 sheets stored in one of my studios.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    The parchment paper that's sold for baking on is similar to those old Prestype backing sheets. You could try that. Also, matte acrylics will be less "sticky" than gloss ones.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Excellent, Tristan. I should have remembered those since I was a baker's assistant when I was a kid...it solves most of the wax problem you would get with wax paper.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.