My first "finished" piece
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My first "finished" piece

First finished digital piece worth showing in public. I did it as a break from a larger project I'm working on. Only took me a few hours, the eyes were the hardest part.

Oh, it's a cat.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    way to go using the smudge/blur tool there haha. anyways try making it with real colors instead of putting an "outline" and smudge it out to the edges, it doesnt really look like realistic hair this way.
    the eye to the left seems to be placed wrong, it should be lower and have a different angle, anyways i like the eye

btw "finished" ... yeah dont take " " these away just yet >_>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah... I've been working with the brushes for a good few months now but I can't seem to get them to do the kind of wispy thing that I'm looking for. I've played with the brush shapes and so on, but... unfortunately, the closest thing I can come up with is using the smudge tool.

What I did, actually, was draw out the whole thing using a brush at varying sizes at about 16% opacity - whites and blacks, etc. Afterwards, I tried everything I could think of to blend those colors together so that they didn't look like a speedpainting, but, even on a small scale, I couldn't get it to look right. After that I resorted to the smudge tool to blend for me.

Lame, I know. Any suggestions with brushes?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.