Sketchbook: ----- PunkBoyLeech's Sketchbook of random doodles and things - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ----- PunkBoyLeech's Sketchbook of random doodles and things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the horned Dogbat thingy actually is something I wanna go further with at a later date... some of the sketches though I believe are fillers for the Sketchbook XD yeah.... I was kinda wanting to get to a hundred so that I had all the sketches for the class... I almost did...but the teacher didn't count so I think I got graded as if I did...

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Punkboy's Sketchbook of random doodles and things 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah... here I broke free of my constraints and went back to my random doodling... gettin ideas and such on paper so that later on in my life I can look back and recall the memories that were being made at the time I was drawing the stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another page of random things... yeah... no real plan for any of these... just letting my hand get some drawings done while I listened and did other things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is where drawing randomness really was good. Funny thing is I know quite a few people who get bogged down drawing because they can't draw whats in their head, thus they just stop drawing... that happens to me too... but I start drawing things at random that just happen on my page, and sometime things turn out cool and I like em... here there are a couple like that on this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe I and another thing of randomness... there are a couple on here that I like too... ideas that may come in handy later on when I am trying to think of stuff for an idea... I am kinda creating a bunch of default characters I can fall back on at a later point in time to get ideas, body shapes, styles, and so on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SO now I am going back to those little characters I did on that one page and this time I was trying to improve upon the little guy with the large shield... hmmm... it didn't really work, so I turned him into a demon here... kinda like the demon I am gonna be using in my animation reel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now that I decided to draw the demon I started messing with body types. and such... I need to work on my anatomy some more me thinks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe yeah... I have been working on heads some more... they are kinda the things that get me bogged down . So after I build my confidence in drawing I can go back and draw heads again to lower my self esteem and get better at it. I think if I wanna draw realistic head I not only need reference to look at but also I should use charcoal...charcoal is soo badass....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrighty… another batch of heads… I realize that while I draw heads, if I am not trying for realiztically, I need to start perfecting my style and getting something that will be recognizable as me… and not recognizable as in “hey, I know who drew that head, I’d know that crappiness anywhere” XD . I actually am pretty happy with a few of these guys on here… a lot of them actually.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm, page I am happy with… I think once that class ended and I no longer needed to draw, my art started improving… hmmm that sucks. So yeah there is randomness on this page most definitely, but the three in the middle make me happy, especially the women in the middle… I think that reflects my style best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, more creatures… one of these days I will break free of randomness in drawing and actually draw things that are planned… hmmm… I should try that sometime…but normally those are what I call “Paintings” and as you can see the top left is a better drawing of the little dude with the big shield back on those two pages with the creatures from the past. The pose of the dude is cool, I wanna do something with it. the guy to the right if fun too so I will do something with him too. At the bottom we have a buggish face and either a deep see creature or flying thing…. I think I was thinking of turtles at the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm…. Just randomness… the bug man is cool… and the guy standing is a style I’ll have to mess with… we then have the robot dude… which with some messing with could turn out good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff man, I love all your little character designs. And the facial feature studies on the first page are excellent. Keep up the great work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Good stuff

Thanks for the kind words. You're stuff is coming along nicely. Keep posting, you're making great progress.

==================

Sketchbook 3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohh... great stuff. I really love your practises, I wish I had the patience to just sit and draw heads from different wievs and such (I usually just draw random stuff from difficult angles, but it seems to not be enough... heh).

Your style seems really fun and I like the more serious pictures with background a lot also. I'll come lurk every now and then~

I'll be sure to learn from your way of practising. :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys, much appreciated that yall stopped by.

Alright...so the start of another sketchbook and man...did this page turn out awful... yeah... so I am working on heads slowly... I will get better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So after those face attempts I had to revert again and do some random characters... actually for one class we had to some up with a story for a game level that my group will work on for about 9 weeks... so we came up with a little humanoid thing that lost it's memory and must work it's way through various traps to get to his family and friends and slowly piece back his memory...thats what the bottom three characters are kinda.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and so here is more heads... well I am not as disappointed with this batch as I have been the previous batches... so that makes me happy...I soo need to start researching clothing again... I need to pick a time period and work on that... then slowly work through other time periods...that and I need to look at other culture's dress styles and ways.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm... yeah....social Psychology is pretty boring...so here we have first a page of just kinda randomness... I was drawing a kid at first...then I turned him into a western...outlaw? the birds are my Blue Bird character that I came up with for my storyboarding class... he is the Blue Bird of Happiness... yeah... it was for a kids show story that I decided to some up with. I was trying to redesign him so he was a little more Blue Birdish rather then Opusish...but alas I think his big beak will stay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have some really great characters, glad to see your still working on your anatomy as well. Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks B rock, anatomy will be something I will be working on forever I think... or until I can get it good enough to make people think I just applied a sketch filter on a photo in photoshop hehehe not gonna happen anytime soon I can tell you that.

Alright... so now for the freshly scanned stuff..I normally get behing a couple weeks before I post what I sketched and scanned in... but this batch will be a little newer and freshly saved via the scan. This is just one of a guy looking into a small mirror and a bunch of heads... don't ask me how I get these or why I draw them...I just do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a page that I liked alot... the poses that the women are doing make me happy... so happy that I didn't add detail to them . so yeah...there is randomness on there... but also cool poses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and after those last poses I was soo happy that I did guy poses too... they aren't as cool as the women... but I like em... again I liked the poses so they went no further in their development.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So Miss Terpsichore likes Mermaids and I thought of her and drew a mermaid...after that I did a Saytr Demon thing... and then a bug alien thing...and a bird man... humanoids are fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah.... so...humanoids got me into the mood of doing things so I created a dragon... thing... it started out as a T-Rex...but turned into a dragon... wings are awesome too. the guy on the right is just a random character... I like random characters..so is the head just below him. The thing in the bottom left is some strange creature... I have been working on my strangness recently... I can do cartoony... now I am trying to branch out to strange...and maybe head in the Beautiful and cute look direction here soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Again thinking of my Game and Level design level I thought about a little guy walking around checking the world out.... then realized that we were looking for humanoid rather then human... but I like him. the T-Rex was made because the last one turned into a dragon...freakin' evolution. the guy in the bottom left is a stylized guy.. I need to do more of this type of stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A friend sent me a link to this site that had a contest on concepts stuff and 3D stuff... and the thing that had to be created was a Gargantuan collosal thingy... and so I kinda drew some stuff that was big... and here is what I got...they all kinda vary in scale.. if you look hard you can find the human scale to the titans.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sometimes I get pages that are just like...awesome...and this was one of them. I really like each on on this page...it could be because the Knight dude at the bottom is something that is totally awesome to me and reminds me alot of heartless...which if I can one day be as good as Tetsuya Nomura then I am set... man... I am happy with this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well... My friend have drawn in my sketchbook quite a few times recently... and maybe I'll edit this post later and add the other stuff in here... but here is Terpsichore's floating gal... man... maybe I should have watched and drawn Anime when I was younger... well that and spent long hours working on life drawings...thats it... I will here soon work on my life drawing skills.

Anyways... so this will be up here because this was in my sketchbook...and since Terpsichore is not making a thread of her own to share her goodness...it will be up here until she tells me otherwise... so people enjoy... this is not my artwork... but some badass work in the midst of my mixed jumble of random lead doodlings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright...so Terpsichore's greatness inspired me to work on my women and hope to get as good as her... yeah...so here is my first attempt..pretty bad... though I do like the two heads in the bottom right.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1