Thanks

A general question, I guess...^_^...

Hi Di Ho!

My name is Matt and I am from Berlin...^_^... I found your ingenious site after looking for some examples... concepts for a new Miniature (nothing commercial, to say it right away......) and I suddenly saw the really great stuff on the main page...

Now, I would love to see them, but the problem is that you can only see these tumbnails and as soon as you click on them this nasty little message appears...

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/concept/public_html/showimage.php on line 22

Gee...... Too bad...

Now, I hope that somebody can answer and that I find some nice stuff to work with... I should ask the author for his / her permission, I guess, but again, itīs not for commercial use... itīs just for fun and to think with nd about the thoughts of another artist......

Cheers...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah the main page is being rebuilt right now along with alot of other stuff, bear with us for the moment there is alot of bugs atm its being worked on Most of the work can be seen elsewhere on the net see what the artists are called and track them down http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53087 this is a good place to start but there is looots more elsewhere
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Ha, there you go, thanx for that quick reply...^_^... I was curious about this site being dead, but the Forum is quite frequented, so I had doubts......

Do anybody want to have suggestions about his / her concept art become a Miniature...?... I would love to work directly with an artist (and ask questions about the artwork, atmosfere, etc. ...)......

Thanks
    Maybe you should show us all some of your work Oh and this site was never dead !
    willkommen an Bord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Heja, you are right... I could do so...^_^...

Here you have it...... These are my Minis... I draw, too, but I haven´t got anything Scanned...

http://coolminiornot.com/browse/subm...Matt%20Cexwish ...

So, maybe this shows, what my aim is... I can do concept art, Mini by my own, but I think it is *way* more interesting to do something... different, interdisciplinary... If you can share and exchange your thoughts and understand one anothers thoughts on a Scenario, A Story, A Character... whatever......
    Last edited by -Matt Cexwish-; June 5th, 2006 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks
    Soooo... Anyone an idea of what might be worth becoming a bit more reality...?......

Thanks
    a GW golden deamon winner on CA?
    from GERMANY?
    *na dann herzlich wilkommen*

so you want to create a char in coop?
    or a whole story?
    OK let's start
    at least name a genre
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Hey Matt, cool dioramas and miniature painting there - you should scan your drawings and make a new Sketchbook thread in the Sketchbook forum, and keep us updated on your drawing and painting activities!

Thanks
    ... Haha, that simple to get a reply, I am happy...^_^...

@ Infinit

Jah, but I am undercover, sort of, so... donīt tell anybody...... Just kiddin, I have seen Rune Kappleīs cool new Dio and I ALWAYS had the idea of doing something like that, a Coop on a Mini... As I said, I assume I could do something nice drawing by myself, but I think itīs really more interesting to share oneīs ideas and to create something in cooperation......

Ho, spielst du Warhammer...^_^...?... Oder malst du... PM wäre wohl bessa.... Sonst gibt es Ärger von den Anderen Leutchen hier......

To the Genre... well, I am sort of tired of SciFi scenarios, well, never say never, but I would prefer something from Fantasy...^_^... There will be a game soon... Mark Of Chaos, you might have noticed the really cool Intro, so... this kind of mood...?... Ah, would be great to do something with machines too, steammachines, Leonardo DaVinci stuff... crazed medieval Technology, you know... thatīs interesting......

@ MoP

Thanx a lot, I appreciate...^_^... I will try to scan some stuff... a Scetchbook...?... Hii, why not, I doubt that I have enough things to fill one properly, but okay......

Thanks
    pm writen
    my sketchbook

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Anyone else...^_^...?...

Thanks
    In the meantime I managed to make some Concepts by my own... Gosh, I feel really bad to bother you with this, because these are bad concepts (really, really, I was terribly drunk back then...), but I want to revive my thread......

And the result, a very bad pic (gee, too much "very bad" stuff in here now......) of the finished Diorama... maybe you get the impression...

Thanks
    ... So I have better pics of my Diorama... but it seems as if nobody is interested too much... too bad......
    Last edited by -Matt Cexwish-; October 2nd, 2006 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks
    well maybe show it?
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Okay......

Here you can see something that wasnīt actually planned that way...

*Normally* I do one Diorama per Year, normally because of the Golden Demon Competition in Germany... normally I stick to my series (Leonardo DiMiraglianoīs...), normally I donīt use any "Bad" Modells for my Dioramas... Normally I do GD Entries by my own... well, normally......

I changed my mind after I recognized how long term holidays as a student (my first this year...) can be... I had some time left without really realising that... and after Ben (Komets, heīs in the Team Germany and a Neighbour of mine...) called me to ask, whether I want to come to GD Uk... I said something like hell yeah......

In the beginning I wasnīt sure about doing such a complex project after a short time, which I had because of my "Leonardo DiMiraglianoīs Answer..." Diorama... It was hard work... So I decided to ask Ben to do something together... Our Styles are quite similar, because he was the one who taught me NMM, plus he always has these ideas, that make a Mini or a Scenery something really special...

In general I had this Idea because of a Movie... "Guardian Of The Night", this russian Matrix like rip - off... shortly after the movie starts you can see a Battle between the Forces Of Darkness and the Army Of Light... there are some warriors, which drag a old lady on chains... hmhm...

I was wondering, what is it that makes this old, frail Woman so dangerous, that she has to be heavily chained and drag into a battle like a kind of beast...?... The answer is easy... Magical Powers Within...

I thought about transfering this into the world of Warhammer and I studied the background a bit... in this I found a description of the City Of Praag, which has been under the Siege of Chaos...

"Nothing was the same again since the assault of Chaos... fearful screams sound out off the Walls, the Floors, the Stones, moaned by those, who are bound forever more... Terrible demonic faces form from blank rock, the border between this and the other World is twisted steadily, the City is turned into a Grotesque of itīs former shape..."

I sort of liked the Idea of one old, scruffy lady could have unleashed her power to destroy a whole City... she was the Witch Of Praag...

As Ben and me gathered Ideas he came up with a very good one... why not make the ground crush and errupt underneath her wand, as if she casted a kind of ritual spell, in the shape of a 8 armed Chaos Star... Believe me, I liked that image......

There was a Problem with this witch, because a Miniature like this had to be very complex in order to transport that image... she had to be old, fragile and seemingly weak, but evil, extremely dangerous and wicked at the same time...
    Our sculpting plans had been discarded quite early (we had not much time left... about 10 days...)... Nevertheless I gathered some Images I found on some occasions (donīt worry, most of the Pics are retaken ones from other pictures... and I gave this last geezer some Nickels, so everybody is happy, I hope......)...

Here you see some of the inspirational pics...

After this I tried to do some concept art, but be warned, they are *seriously* bad (I can do it better, but I was in a hurry to show Ben what I mean so...)...

The problem grew bigger and bigger until I had this vision... "A Psycher with tits makes a good witch..."... That was it...... A sanctioned Psyker from the Imperial Army of Warhammer 40.000... another System, wrong gender, but perfectly okay after some modification......

The other miniatures are basically "new ones" from Warhammer Fantasy, One Leader with a hand raised in order to stop the Convoi, a Chaos Champion with a Shield, One Executioner with two Swords and a Shaman... all in all quite challenging Rebuilds... The Unit Symbolizes one Greather Whole, each of them symbolizes one Aspect that is needed to take care of a loonatic Olde, which is running nuts because of Chaotic Powers running through her while dragged on chains into the heart of battle in order to deliver unleashed raw destruction, where it is needed... Bam, Bam dilam...^_^...

Good... Enough Blabbering, now the Pics...

Lé Front...

A bit more detailed Pic...

The Back...

From Above... here you can see the evolving Chaos Star quite good...

The witch in all her "Beauty"... There is some OSL around her eyes...

The Back Again... You can see that near her the chains begin to respond to the Magical Powers within her, they glow... further, the Show around her and the Star melted...

The Leader... I am not satisfied with the Modelling of the Armed Hand... I still have to improve a lot here... He tied one end of the Chain to his Axe, so the old lady canīt escape...

Back... The Red capes are a very nice contrast to the White Snow and the Rock...

The dude with the Shield...

A bit more dramatic... heroic......

Back View...

The Executioner... he is looking forward being able of doing something useful by slaughtering the nasty Wrench at the slightest move into a bad direction... thatīs why he even has TWO swords (two is simply better than just one...)...

Back...

Thanks
    The Chaos Shaman... he protects the rest from having some nasty magical headache... additionally, he can creates some hot chocolate from time to time in order to keep everybody happy... and warm...

One Detail... Watch the writing... All in all I chose very earthbound colours to show where the Shaman draws his magic Powers from...

Back view... had some problems with modelling fur here... well, I will improve on that, I hope...

A trophy branch... The Head is rotten long ago, the Skull rolled out of the helmet... now it lies in the Snow...

Footprints in the Snow... I made them with two small feet, one Left and one Right, which I modelled on two matches... Fump, Fump, Fump...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/135382 ... There is the CMON Link, I would be very happy if you vote for our Diorama, I would be even happier if you leave a nice Comment... thanks for your attention, if you have questions, donīt be shy......

Thanks
    Hey man, that is one awesome diorama. Wonderfully painted and wonderfully presented. I love it!

Im curious though, is your surname Cexwish pronounsed "sex-wish"? Because if it is, you have the coolest surname ever!
    Support your local Spaceman!

Third Art
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Jeah, it is pronounced Sexwish...... And Jeah... had some nice stories on my name in the last couple of years......

Thanks
    thx for the picx dude
    nice show
    my sketchbook