Financial Problem

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Financial Problem

So I am really looking forward to attending SCAD of Atlanta in the Fall. However, I was only awarded around 8,000. I am wondering how realisitic is it to attend SCAD as a full time student and work a job that would help pay off student loans. Also I will not be paying for rent as it is free. Thanks guys I would really appreciate any feedback.

|"A samurai without a sword is a man without a soul."|
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    8K per yr, or total?

I work two jobs (both part-time, though the second one is about a one-weekend-a-month deal) while going to school. It's not fun, but certainly doable.

Just remember to SAVE what you make. My income goes straight to living expenses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks

As always you are very reliable for an answer Mirana. Yea, its 8k per year, anyway thank you, I suppose I will surivive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you tried applying for a private loan, through a company such as Sallie Mae? A friend went to SCAD with me who didn't have any support from his parents at all and went the private loan route (this is different than FAFSA), and had enough money to not only pay for school but rent, bills, etc. as well without having to have a job.

I had a few jobs over the years when I went there, delivering pizzas mostly, but that was just to help pay for some bills and food here and there... but yeah, it's perfectly doable to have a job while attending full-time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, I have a large scholarship, grant, stafford AND private loan--but I still work. My private loan does have a little bit of padding in it to support some of my bills, but I think it's a bad idea to treat a loan as free money. Especially a private one, which will have enormous interest rates.

In my experience, college kids without jobs tend to throw their extra time away, instead of using it on their projects. Having a job helps you structure your time better--you don't take it for granted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face yea

I have started to look at Sallie Mae, in no way am I going to look at a loan as free money, I have been trying to figure a way to save up money to pay off the loan while I am in college, that is basically what having a job will do. Because right now my situation is that I am living at an apartment with a friend for free because his parents bought it, then the only bills I could see having are really none unless my parents stop paying for my car insuarance. Anyway thanks guys you have helped me out a lot and this will help me reassure my parents and myself.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.