Second attempt at a landscape
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Second attempt at a landscape

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Second attempt at a landscape

Okay, so I know it's not great but it's significantly better than my first try, which I won't even bother to post. I've never really worked on landscapes before and I think that background and nature are probably the weakest part of my art. That's why I want to practice them. Specifically, I have a really tough time trying to get the shapes of rocks. I just can't quite grasp them in my head.

Also, it would be great if anyone could point me to a certain type of terrain that may be easier for a beginner to work with. I found that these mountains were significantly easier for me to draw than this swampy area I tried my first time. Of course I'm not sure if certain things are just easier for different people.

Anyway, any help and suggestions would be great. I'm kind of new here so forgive me if I did something wrong. I'm still trying to get my bearings.

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
    -- Ayn Rand (1905-82)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it looks ok but its a bit hard to see what is really going on but anyways the left part looks a bit too "cartoonized" and the right side a bit too sharp, it sticks out a little too much >_< else its neat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomgriever
    it looks ok but its a bit hard to see what is really going on but anyways the left part looks a bit too "cartoonized" and the right side a bit too sharp, it sticks out a little too much >_< else its neat

..What? The only thing sharp on the piece at all is the brush or texture or whatever he put there... plus it depends if he wanted it to be cartoony or not... Judging by the shape of the hills I'd say a little bit...

What's goin on is an avalanche... It's not that hard to gather, is it?

The sky seems a bit like you couldn't chose on a color- or you were just trying to add a bunch of different hues (nothin wrong with that), but it does look a bit strange.

OVerall not bad, better than my second try >_<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should bring more texture up front rather than having it all in the back. Especially those rocks in front.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think its working well on the left, but im very confused as to whats going on in the right. I know its snow, so its harder to put lines without it seeming dirty- but you need to put some structure on that side.

Very cool light switch covers:
    squakz.com

my portfolio site

SKETCHBOOK

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.