Does Anyone feel like helping me out with a tree-tattoo?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Does Anyone feel like helping me out with a tree-tattoo?

Hey everyone, I'm a total noob here, but love the site. I was sent here by a friend who's been lurking around these pages forever it seems.

What I'm looking for is someone to help me finish the design of what will be my next Tattoo. I'm a terrible artist myself, so I have no way of communicating exactly what I have in my head, but I've been trying. I've been working with one artist here in Vancouver who made me a couple rough sketches, but thatrs all they are, extremely rough. I'm looking for some help in fleshing out my ideas. First I'll post the sketches:

This is going to be under my arm, sort of going from just below my armpit to the bottom of my ribs. The idea is that you're sort of looking through some sort of window, or portal, and seeing this scene on the other side. In both of these sketches the scene is viewed through what looks like a window frame... this is not exactly what I'm looking for. I want something less solid, less like an actual window frame. I don't like the idea of hard outlines, I like something sort of smokey, or unique. check out the album bellow for ideas on what I mean on borders on some of those tattoos.

Here's an Album of mine that I'm using to host other tattoo ideas/inspiration.

In the scene, I'm looking for a main, larger tree in the forefront, off to one side, as in the pic on the right. I would like to have this tree very detailed, all knarled and bent, old but strong. Then as you look past the tree, you're looking into a sort of valley or field, with a large mountain range in the background, clouds hanging around the peaks, sort of drifting around. I also like the idea of a river running through, or perhaps a lake... some body of water

Now for the tricky part.

I want everything to look what I call "Hyper-real", where it's almost more then realistic. almost cartoon-like, but not. I like to say, imagine you could put an air pump into a tree, and pump it full of air so that it looked like it was bulging outwards, almost straining at the seams, if you catch my drift. Sort of Todd McFarlan style if you're familiar with Spawn... realistic, but not photo-realistic. I hope I'm making sense to someone out there...
    I've also been playing with the idea of the tree being so lush and overgrown that it's pushing through the "frame" or border, sort of like, the top of the tree pushing through to the otherside of the "window" we're looking through... or maybe some roots clawing thier way over and out, breaking through. again, hope I'm making sense to someone?

Perhaps I should explain my thoughts behind the Tattoo. I've always had a strong connection with trees, ever since I was very young. I absolutely love old-growth forests. The scene in the Valley is meant to be Brittish Columbia, Canada. If any of you have ever been to Vancouver, you know what I mean. I'm looking for lush, rainforest type oldgrowth trees. The type of stuff you find all over the pacific northwest.

I've gone on long enough for this intro, but if anyone out there is even slightly interested in this, please feel free to email me. I would be eternally grateful for any help at all, even if you've just got some ideas to throw my way. And hey, think about it, you've got the chance to have something you help create etched on someone's body for the rest of thier lives. I'd even pay for your assistance, if we both see eye to eye and can come up with somethig. There is more to this then what I've explained, but this is good start. Sound interesting? Please let me know! I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong section, or made any noob mistakes!

Thanks for any help, and thanks for looking!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More new than you

Hi, my username is GoldenMoonstone.

I have a gnarly tree idea that may be of interest to you but am unsure where or how to get it to you. In viewing your tatoo album, I would like to suggest a castle window sill disintegrating into smoke; then into clouds. The blend would be the smoke into the gnarled tree's limbs and off into the ... what ever you may desire from there. I would like to draw up a sketch of this idea for you...but need a weekend to do it...so if you like the idea...give me a holler, on this username...I will check back in 24 hours.
    Your newer than you newbie, Emily

Members who have read this thread: 2