Tablet Question

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tablet Question

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tablet Question

I was unsure where to post this. I'm quite new here.

I'm looking to purchase a tablet with a work area of at least 6 x 8 inches. Coloring in photoshop is the biggest pain, with a mouse. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to purchase cheaper, used tablets? I am on a very tight budget for the time being. Doing some commissions more efficiently with a tablet will help me work on my debt.

Any help would be GREALY appreciated. I'm not looking for perfection. I just need something that works.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I got mine from www.newegg.com
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883100016

$289 , was the cheapest price on the net, this is the Wacom Intuos 3, a very very nice tablet, it has over 1000 layers of pressure sensitivity and a bunch of buttons on it that you can set to what ever you want, for example your color picker, or Plus brush size, also has 2 touch screens built on it that I use for zooming in. Its a great tablet. Also Newegg is a great site, always fast shipping and good customer service *I don't work for them, ive just bought alot of stuff from them* Also I hear the graphire is a decent tablet, I think it is cheaper but with out as much pressure sensitivity and all the fancy buttons. I'm not too sure though, mabee someone with one could comment. But if you have the 300 bucks I would definatly go with the intuos 3, it was well worth it. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay. Purchased a HyperPen from Aiptek. The pressure sensitivity works fine in the test window of the HyperPen options menu. But I cannot get the pressure sensitivity to activate in Photoshop or Illustrator. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have to go into the brush settings for the brush your working with and under one of the option tabs there is a drop down menu under opacy and you can set it to pen pressure. I am not sure exactly where this is, the computer I am on right now does not have photoshop, so when I'm on my computer I will check and post again. Look around the brush settings though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.