Connect: Sony -- Ps3, Ps2, PSP
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Connect: Sony -- Ps3, Ps2, PSP

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Connect: Sony -- Ps3, Ps2, PSP

In this thread we can connect with each other and share our interests in Sony gaming.

Post your gamer info below.

Link your support in your signature by adding the text: [ sonyfb ]X[ /sonyfb ] without the spaces between the brackets ie: [blah]X[/blah]
    X

Last edited by davi; June 2nd, 2006 at 02:31 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PSP owner here, fav games for it are: Lumines and DJ Max Portable. Can't wait to get Loco Roco!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    psp. got a ton of games, just got Monster Hunter Freedom. Dont listen to what the critics say, this game is fun as hell, and the most visually/audially stunning game on a handheld, ever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PS2. addicted to FF12.
    SO DAMNED GOOD!

i use my PSP as an mp3 player and e-book reader.
    2.6, i'm not using homebrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a PSP and I'm currently addicted to Me & My Katamari!

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i bought the 360 so my ps2 has been in rest atm, im pretty excited to try out ff12 though, i havent been interested in the series since playing 7, since everything looked the same to me, but the new combat system really looks fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not only that, but you can explore the world however you want just like in 7 and 8. i really loved that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    new psp patch, 7.1 (i think). Its got game demo support, FUCK YES! Just do some browsing and you can find demos for the game, i know for a fact you can play the loco rocco demo, which kicks ass. Also, they fixed something with the location free player, not to sure. just read up about it on the website.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love playstation the games are superb! my favourites are: Black, Metal gear solid series (huge fan), God of War, Killzone, the Jak series (including Jak & Daxter) and the splinter cell games Can´t wait for Double Agent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wish sony would make a psp paint app

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okami looks just brilliant. The graphics and gameplay just seems to rock hard. Can't wait to get my hands on that.
    And of course FF12. I loved the PSX FF's but I've kinda ignored FF10 and 10-2 for some reason. Luckily FF12 looks so fresh with the new battle system and all that so I'm definitely gonna get it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    psp owner you can get a paint app, as long as you haven't upgraded to the latest version you can use homebrew paint apps, but the control stick is rubbish with them :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cant wait for bloody mgs4 #fantasises#

my fav sony games of all times
    Attack of the clones ps1( freakin best game ever i swear)
    jackie chan adventures( i was like 8, i have fond memories of it)
    mgs1( snake is the coolest thing since.. wel hes just the coolest)
    most ps1 games are hazy
    ps2 rockin games-
    jak and daxter, classy, fun, a hoot to play
    gta( solid gameplay)
    mgs2 and 3 ( damn fun)
    virtua tennis( fantastic multiplayer)
    splinter cell( theyre all good)
    so many good others, hard to name em all

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sony and Ninty fan here (I've always been indifferent to Microsoft's consoles). I have a PS2 and PSP. I have about 80 games in total, and all but a few are for those two platforms (I don't give my poor Cube the attention it deserves).

I like platformers most, but I'll try almost anything. FPSs are a bit hardcore for me, though, and stealth bores me. I love Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Ratchet, Jak and WipEout (apart from Fusion - that was really disappointing after I bought a PS2 just for it), among many others. I'm currently having fun with Digital Devil Saga (I prefer Lucifer's Call, though) and Loco Roco. I'm really looking forward to Okami, and I mean to pick up Psychonauts. I'd love a sequel to Lucifer's Call (Nocturne outside Europe), but I don't know how they'd do that. They'd have to decide which of the 6 endings is the true one, or set it in another world entirely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have a ps2, and yday i played a friends guitar hero game which i thought was quite cool, also the other one with the drum kit.

anyway my question is, apart from ebay whats the best sites to get games etc? any recommendations?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like European gamers are going to have to wait a bit longer...

PlayStation 3 Euro launch delayed

The launch of Sony's long-awaited PlayStation 3 games console in Europe has been delayed until March 2007. Ken Kutaragi, head of Sony's global computer entertainment division, said the machine would still be launched in November in the US and in Japan.

Mr Kutaragi blamed the European delay on problems in mass producing elements of the high-definition Blu-ray disc drives in the machines.

Sony said it still aimed to ship six million new PlayStations by March.

But it halved its forecast for the end of 2006, saying just two million units would be shipped worldwide before the end of December.

Production problems meant that fewer machines than anticipated would be available for the launch in Japan and the US, Mr Kutaragi said.

Rest of article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5319190.stm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All i have to say in here is....I LOVE STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT II!!!!!!!!!!!! for PS2!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!! IT IS SO FRIKKIN' FUN!!!!!!! I Am SUCH A TRAITOR ON THERE!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The xbox version is superior to the PS2 version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the PS3 even coming out in Nov?

I assume it still is, but I havent heard or seen anything, cept for the tiniest scraps of info. Saw a few more shots of Reisistance, and some goofy singing game. A few comments about Warhawk. November is right around the corner, I shudder to think thats all the publicity they are launching with? Either Sony has some amazing ace in the hole or they are screwed and they know it. Before this past E3 I really thought they would slam dunk this next year, but man how things have changed...

Shadow of Colossus II on the 360? Say it isn't so!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm trying to decide... in January I'm planning on buying a new HD TV and a game system to go with it. I've been a Playstation fan and owner since the first one came out. The only game that seems that interesting to me on 360 is Gears of War but I'm not that much of a shooter fan on consoles. The PS3 will have many titles I'm familiar with, of course. And supposedly I can get the cheaper one (500 bucks, still) and just hook it up with CAT-5 and install another larger drive later if I want to. What's a boy to do? When will the madness die down so people can actually buy the things?! Also the 360 also doesn't seem to have many "quality" games or high rated games outside of the Halo realm. And I hated freakin' Halo 1.

Maybe I've already made up my mind. Hmm. Just seems the potential for the PS3 is far greater in regards to expansion and such. I just want to avoid all of the 1st Gen problems really. But... at the same time... I want one quickly. Someone hand me a bottle of patience. lol Just wanted some suggestions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's no rush to spend your money.
    the ps2 is still good for a few more years.
    wait till there're more games out for the ps3 before deciding.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, I know... I keep telling myself to be patient. I just know that my friend's PS2 looks nearly crap on his 42" Plasma... It's one of the main reasons for me wanting to buy it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    personally, i'll buy the ps3 once FF13 comes out.
    till then, i'm happy with my ps2.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ps2 fanatic... never been let down.. although nintendo has never flopped with any of their systems, even though their approach is always so laid back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.gwn.com/articles/article....es_Demand.html

PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Stores report plenty of Sony's next-gen console in stock.

Last year, it took several months for the Xbox 360 to be readily available in retail stores. Chains such as Gamestop/ EB Games were still filling preorders well into 2006 (the system launched 11/21/2005), and it wasn’t until around March or April that someone could easily walk into a store and walk out with Microsoft’s next-generation console. Now Nintendo seems to be walking that path, with demand for the Wii still far exceeding the available stock. While this time the preorders were filled right away, people are still hunting and waiting in long lines and hoping to get lucky in acquiring the system.

It now appears, though, that Sony is having no such issues. A recent check with my local game store found that they had plenty of Playstation 3’s in stock, and that they weren’t exactly moving. My first thought was that Sony had caught up with production and was sending out greater numbers, but the store informed me that they were still getting the same shipments they’ve been getting all along (roughly 2 systems a week), but that with nobody coming in to purchase the console the stock is just building up.

The employees of that store and others report that while they’re still fielding a high number of Wii-related calls during each day, they can go an entire day without any inquiries at all about the PS3. One store showed me a scratch pad they kept by the phone one day, making marks for each Wii call and PS3 call they received. At the end of that day the Wii had gotten 75, while the PS3 came in at 2.

The other issue the store reported is the high number of returns on the Playstation 3. These customers, states my source, had in most cases purchased the consoles in the hopes of making a profit by reselling them online. A quick scan of Ebay, though, shows that this is no longer an option. The few PS3’s that are posted either have no bids at all, or are being sold for the retail price or even below (I saw one unopened 60gb unit with a Buy it Now price of $550, $50 below the retail price). So these people who had hoped to make some easy money are bringing back their purchases so they can at least break even.

One store that I talked to reported three consoles being returned in one day, while another said they had gotten four back over the course of the week after Christmas. These returns, in addition to the stock that is still being sent, adds up to a healthy stack of systems that the store says they just can’t move. They even remarked that they had more PS3’s in stock than they had Xbox 360’s.

Does this ominous start bode badly for Sony? While it is very early in the “console war”, many people expect the first several months to play out with shortages and high demand that the manufacturer just can’t keep up with. Now I’m talking to stores that wish they wouldn’t get any more consoles until they can actually move the ones they have sitting in their stockrooms.

Time will tell, of course, and it only takes one title to shift the winds in favor of one console or another. One employee laughingly told me that they had been sitting on a stack of GameCubes, both new and used, until Resident Evil 4 was released, and suddenly they couldn’t keep the system in stock, so it really does ultimately come down to the games.

Wonder how those people who paid $1,500 for one on eBay feel about this...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't knew about this ....
    sometimes companies shift stock between countries just to meat demand.. Sony just might reduce shipment in north america for there european realease( i kinda don't know when that is) ...
    you are right about the title changing winds too...A lot of people are like waiting for the end of this year for the Real canon of ps3 games to get completed than the sales are sure to go up....
    but for some odd reason I don't see much hype created for MGS
    yet...whereas the hype for halo have really picked up...
    On a personal note ..I really wish that the PS3 wouldnot die..cuz if it does Microsoft is going to be all over everything related to games too...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa...it's been quiet in here.

I've had my ps2 for years, loved games like the DMC series, FF games and god of war. God of War 2 was so pretty. Still addicted to the guitar hero games too. I don't care how lame I look with a red plastic guitar with rainbow buttons. It's fun.

I've just bought a PS3, kinda more cos my partner was bugging me for one. Otherwise I would have left it for a few months til Heavenly Sword or GH3. Looking forward to Rock Band.

Oh well - At least I can feel like I'm making tiny contributions to folding@home until then.

Anyone wanting to bulk up their friend's list, just gimma a yell.

*Tres Cute Sketch Group*
    ---no added monosodiumglutamate!!!---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If anyone is looking to play a lot of fighting games, the ps2 is the system of choice for now, as it has a lot of exclusives for the some of the most recent installments on a newer platform. Games like: Soul Calibur 3, Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 5. It has been announced though that that along with the ps3 the 360 is getting Virtua Fighter 5 and Soul Calibur 4. Now all the 360 needs is Tekken 6 and the ps3 won't have any top fighting game exclusives for that period of time. It also seems fighters from now on are being pushed into going online for some reason (not sure why though). VF5 and Tekken: DR are, which I'm quite excited about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.