Sketchbook: Artzealot's sketches. - Page 34

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Results 991 to 1,016 of 1016
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've really made a lot of progress throughout your thread. The latest sketches are fantastic.

You're desert painting is great, only thing I'd add is a little bluish-tinge lighting underneath the rocky arches (much like what you see on the shadowed side of the rocks in the foreground). I certainly could be wrong though.

Great work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great thread dude, it's been a while i've visited your sketchbook ( it was in 2009, then i stopped posting on this forum, and now i'm back ^^ ) and you made insane improvments ^^ keep it up !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice desert environment there - really good! Nothing to crit really, perhaps just watch the values a little. Subtlety is the key with those distance sections (in particular). Try to keep the gradations far away as very small, so that the idea of atmospheric perspective is strongly presented

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol on bearsharkoctopus

Sketchbook

Everything is permitted

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the comments, crits and everything, tis very much appreciated! I finally got another update!

UPDATE
    With all this excitement lately around the Curiosity mars rover, and being the big astronomy nerd i am i got looking at the planets, in particular the gas planets, and wanted to paint the surface of a planet that would be impossible to land on or see.

So this one is Neptune, and granted being a gas planet there probably isn't much to stand on if you were to stand on the surface of Neptune, but I'm throwing that all out the window. This is Neptune, and these guys are exploring it

This was about an hour with the smudge tool and a few gradients:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ArtZealot; August 18th, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do i need to bump my thread to get the images to update?

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see you back in action . did you really just smudge to make most of that environment? thats pretty fantastic! hope to see some more of your work soon buddy, keep up the fun work!

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” Albert Einstein
    CLICK ME!!! My "Baby Soft" NEW SKETCHBOOK
    MAYBE ME? My "Humble Beginnings"
    Facebook & Google+ Friends? Yeah you want to be friends
    Email: mail@jeremyswann.com
    Blog: www.jeremyswann.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THat last Enviro rocks! i like how you can easily tell the plane change in most of the rocks. thats something i've tried to accomplished for quiet a while not but still not there yet! good job

-We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

My SKETCHbook
    http://jeeso.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ArtZealot Your artwork is so many pages and I ranomly chose a page and you have some amazing concept artworks, a lot of instense strong mood, dark or dull feelings. And really good matte paintings. Are you a fine art students or a natural painter?

From Eru

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally an update! Did another desert environment over lunch. Err well, 2 lunches.

Name:  Spired_dunes.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  469.8 KB

or my Deviantart!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool landscapes!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Overtoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really like your work. Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your enviros mate, really nice use of color and great sense for depth. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome environments, man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, superb studies Artzealot.

For your enviros, my only crit would be that your focal points sometimes look less defined than some other areas in your pieces. Other then that, your creatures look fantasstic...bearsharktopus for president!

Would love to hear from ya in my Skb.

Sketchbook

A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one. When he loses a critical attitude toward his own work, he ceases to be an artist. - Dmitri Shostakovich

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For some reason I don't understand the story telling at all in your last enviroment. For me it looks like these people are hiding, because the huge stonerock in the middle of the background is chasing them (it looks like its moving because of the dust in the bottom) or is that intentional?

"It's a time machine, Napoleon. We bought it online."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Desert Concept

First i'll reply to some of the comments because i always forget to:

Jeremy Swan - Thanks. Yeah it was all smudge and a bit of gradient on the sky and in the lower right and left of the painting to darken it up and give a bit of depth.

Rem92-Planes of objects and how light interacts is an interesting thing. I've tried paying close attention to it lately and what i've found it to just not overcomplicate it. Just think of it like where is like hitting directly, like the planes where you absolutely know light is hitting, then where does that plane end. Everything else in shadow. Once you've outlined your shadow and lit areas, then worry about how light or how dark something is.

Eru - Well, i dont think if fall under fine art student, or natural painter. I did go to art school but i just consider myself a concept artist now. Fine art is more personal work, and it seems like most of the stuff i do except the stuff i post here is for game studio i work for.

Overtoom - Right back at you overtoom, i love your work! i went over to your sketchbook and got all kinds of inspiration. I really like your color and compositions, they're very well done.

Cojac - Thanks Cojac! much appreciated. I'll definitely keep posting as frequently as possible, but sometimes get busy and can't post for awhile.

Mughol and AJM - Thanks for the kind words, tis very much appreciated!

Tea of Doom - Ahh yeah, if the focal points are losing definition or arent getting as much attention detail wise as they should then that's probably something i can work on. I very much appreciate the crit.

Qikalain - Oh, on that last piece, there isn't much storyline to what they're doing. I just figured they were just taking a leisurely walk through the desert, but it might not seem that way. The dust is just dust blowing over the desert. But i can kind of see how all those things could coalesce into becoming a bit misleading.

UPDATE:

I dont know what my deal is... every damn update lately has been a desert. I think i just like all the color options that one has in a desert environment. They've got a nice blend of color/contrast. Well, this is me attempting to take the desert idea and really fuq with the "typical colors" of a desert.

Also, funny story, the desert started out me wanting to make an icy, glacial landscape as seen in the earlier, rougher version of the painting here:

Name:  exodesertICE.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  142.4 KB

And me being indecisive eventually turned it into this:

Name:  exodesert.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  515.4 KB

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    inspiring stuff! love the pallet of the last piece, very psychedelic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another desert speedpainting done over lunch. I dont know what my thing is with deserts...

Name:  desert-0920344.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  79.1 KB

Last edited by ArtZealot; April 5th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,606 Times in 1,975 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nah, i get it. deserts have some amazing colors in them. i love desert photos. especially if the sand is a deep red. that, contrasting with a deep blue sky... is so cool looking. but yea, you cant over do desert images in my humble opinion. these look fantastic btw!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyBeats View Post
    nah, i get it. deserts have some amazing colors in them. i love desert photos. especially if the sand is a deep red. that, contrasting with a deep blue sky... is so cool looking. but yea, you cant over do desert images in my humble opinion. these look fantastic btw!
    Absolutely! yeah i think you nailed it. It's the color contrasts of sky to sand to rock, then the shadows, and all the different colors the sand and composition of the desert can take on. Then there's time of day, oases, etc. that make deserts something that conceptually you can just do so much with. Also two books that i like (dark tower, and dune) and both set in deserts. So theres that.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally something from work, this is from the project i've been working on, it's been released for quite awhile, but i'm just getting around to posting it. I'll be posting more, most of them cavernous interiors:

Attached Images Attached Images  

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another update from the project i'm on (eqnext):

Name:  25.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  202.0 KB

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just found your sketchbook, and the portly zombie lady on the first page is so freakin awesome! I'm loving your recent landscapes, too! So pretty and colorful, and they all have depth! Can't wait for your next stuff!

♠♠ ]my sketchbook ♠♠

'I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so fuckin' heroic.'
    — George Carlin

CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE NEW
    {Beginner's Challenges and Activities}
    SUB FORUM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Bitschi! i'm really glad u like it, sorry i dont post more often... always doing work stuff. I need to get them to release more stuff so i can post.

Anyway, here's an update. Something that's been released for awhile, but i'm just now posting it:

Name:  icecavern.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.14 MB

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another update, a lush jungle cavern (something from work)

Name:  jungleconcept01.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  198.3 KB

or my Deviantart!

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Members who have read this thread: 25