Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 561 Posts
    Some more personal work, just trying my hand at deserts some more.
    Last edited by ArtZealot; April 7th, 2008 at 03:37 AM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great SB! I really like the palette of this last piece. Nice textures! The rock next to the figure sticks out to me. It seems to have less atmospheric perspective the the rock in the foreground.
    "It's worth the grief." - Greg Manchess

--SSG #46--
    Blaz | MarkWinters | petitemistress | sfa | Shmaba

SketchbookWebsiteBlog

Thanks
    Very nice environments

Thanks
    great atmosphere in your's environments!
    great! ^^

Thanks
    Tiago, mark and jack, thanks for the comments and thanks everyone else for the good word. Here's another, i was staring at my grapefruit "dessert" tonight and decided to paint it. (now i can finally eat it)

p.s - I fixed up the above mentioned environment Markwinters, thx for the crit.
    Last edited by ArtZealot; April 7th, 2008 at 03:35 AM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

or my Artstation

Thanks
    Here's one i did on my DS using the Colors! program. A link to the video is here: http://colors.brombra.net/details/43..._Artzealot.php

or my Artstation

Thanks
    Nice work dude! I really like your use of colour- very soothing. I would however like to see some sharper edges and more defined value ranges in your paintings. There are some good things happening in post 496 but the composition needs some rethinking- why not try and do a B&W environment and focus solely on values and quality of your strokes and edges to convey a better sense of mass.

There are some really nice things going on here.
    Keep on doing it!

-Juhani

Thanks
    a speedpainting!

or my Artstation

Thanks
    Wow I looked at your stuff on the first page and then jumped to the last. You skill level has definitley matured. It's awesome to see that in artists. Fantastic work!...I really like your color studys on your environments on the last page. Keep it up!

Thanks
    cgfelker: Thanks! that's a big compliment, i appreciate it a lot.

Here's another update. I decided recently to start delving into characters. So i begin with the demon succubus witch. It's a little dark right now, but i plan on making the lighting pop towards the end. i will post more updates on this one as it gets done:

or my Artstation

Thanks
    Ups and downs are a part of everything, but when putting all this in perspective, I see nothing but improvement.

Keep pushing em enviros out, and maybe try to invest some more time on one single special piece to work on and off on?

Thanks
    thanks for that comment man.
    i kinda agree with that other dude about the down hill thing..i think its only with the characters cause your environments are still kicking..the hand and feet studies are pretty good and i really like the grapefruit still life.

Thanks
    Dekal: Thanks, i appreciate it. Yeah at this part of my artistic life i'm trying to become as well rounded as i can, and catch up in the areas i'm falling behind.
    Lakka: Thanks, very much appreciate it. I might invest more time in a longer piece...maybe... but i'm more for the quick stuff. I dont know, i just lose interest if i work on a piece for more than a few days but i might try it.

This is yet another character i'm working on, a scarecrow type fellow. I decided to show a little of my process in this one. Starting with the quick, probably 40 second copic marker sketch, then my photoshop rough over the top, then cleaned up linework over that. He still is going to get a paint treatment but here's what i got so far:

or my Artstation

Thanks
    Ok, finished up the scarecrow. I could probably work him more, but this is it for now. I'm pretty happy with him.
    Last edited by ArtZealot; April 22nd, 2008 at 03:57 AM.

or my Artstation

Thanks

Freaky scarecrow!

Glad to see that you're working on the character side of your skillset. Environment stuff is looking more solid all the time! Keep churning out that work and it'll only get better!!

Cheers!

Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5