Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Those thumbs are great, I would pick some stuff and work it out a little more.
    your digi stuff is also nice!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 561 Posts
    Bumskee - Hah, yeah i tend to lean toward scarier stuff. By the way i freakin love your sketchbook. you have some really nice stuff in there, i can't decide if i like your environments or characters more. Thx for stopping by.

Epias - Thanks. Yeah, that's a really good idea. My spring break just started, so rendering out a few more of those thumbs will probably be one of my many projects over the next week.

In other news, i stopped by the environment of the week forum today, read the topic "waterfall city" and got inspired. Here's what i got:
    Last edited by ArtZealot; March 23rd, 2007 at 03:41 PM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Great job on the freaky faces lately, really like the ones in post 372. Waterfall city is rockin. Keep up the hard work.

Thanks
    clap.... clap.... clap.... yes that is me apploding your last enviroment waterfall city. you did all the right things, you must have had a checklist, you got the foreG the MidG and BG all with the right amount off detail, simple in parts complex in others, way to direct the eye with highlights and saturation! man you will be an eviro artist in no time, that is if you arnt one already GA!. but sence i this is a critique i will now say what i dont like. too green, thats my personal opinion though. but i would just say to break it up some through some nuetral browns on the trees not so much it compettes with the green but adds too.

keep up the good work mr wes!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyace31 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love that last set of building thumbs and the rest of your environmental work. Not one of my strong suits but something to explore. I'd like to see your steps on deciding what peice makes it through to the final rendering and your process to get it there.
    ...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Nice, clean set of thumbs ArtZealot! Your Waterfall City is good stuff! You played it safe with the monocromatic color scheme though. And I pick listening to my rap music over all ,and My Journey CD. LOL!

Thanks

Thanks
    I was messing around with brushes and this is what hatched from them.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

or my Artstation

Thanks
    im loving all your sketches especially ur characters!! man you have the job that i wish to go into and i was wondering if u could help me

im 17 and currently studying an art diploma in england, i dont have any links to my work but ive recently been entering the environment of the week thing
    i wanted to know if your job reguires anything more than just the initial concept or r u brought in when they start puting your creations in the game? id also like to know what computer software you use most often, and wether on seeing my work if i have what it takes to make it as a concept artist thanks for all your help
    Last edited by AtlasIves; March 29th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks
    I like..Alot!

Your sketching style remnds me of Krinkels' style.

And the landscapes and characters are beatuiful.

Thanks
    Hey, thanks for the crits,

they are kinda even tones levels, but before I added atmospheric perspective and I didn't like it. It was hard to pull off without it looking too "lazy". Anyway, thanks.
    sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Thanks
    A quick like...10-15 min piece from over at the online sketcher doodly thing:

or my Artstation

Thanks
    I like your last enviroment and houses design sketches as well
    keep going man!

Thanks
    I like a lot that freaky style with that mixtures and that "find it" (I mean, there are lots of things to find), really inspiring

Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words. I like how your stuff is coming, a few things though

Why so chromatic? only one color family is safe, and I think you should expand!
    Also, I think a that since you're going for environments you should try some extreme shots, and perspectives, to help better convey your story. Ex, grand, sad, depressing, heroic, dangerous etc...

and last, keep it up! oh, and next quarter we'll be able to bust each other's chops all day in senior pro

later!
    sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14