Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Artzealot's sketches.

Thanks
    I like the core shadowing you added... but i can't decide which of those necks i like better. (cuz, you know, your existance is based off of my validation ) There's also something.... off with the hand and the hoof, both on the left side. I'd say turn them both out a little more (what would that be, counter-clockwise?) dunno if thats just nit picking or anyone else see's that... otherwise it's quite nice.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    THe Ideas and Imagination put into your work blows my mind.
    I especially like the old man with the magic hat.
    Only crit I can give is that your female figures look a little mascualine in some of their features. Mainly in the Face. A good thing to remember is that a smaller chin is an indicator of oestrogen, whilst testosterone levels are indicated by a larger chin/jaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 561 Posts
    Orionterron99, thx for stoppin by and thanks for tha props. i tried doing that thing with the knuckles, but it made the human arms look out of place. it made them look funky, so i just stuck with normal hands, but i gave it a shot.

Shinryu: thanks, yeah most of my figures move after about 5 minutes. some of the ones i've posted are long poses, maybe i need to stop figure drawing with a mechanical pencil, i've been meaning to get some conte crayon.

Crazyace-thx for the crit dude. i used that reference and fixed it up a little, let me know what ya think

Moai - thanks for stoppin by. yeah, i think your absolutely right about me needing to be more experimental with my color. i just started working with color this year, i've always just done the whole pencil, charcoal gig. i'll give some crazy color a shot...it might not come today, or tomorrow. i have to find the right piece to go crazy on.

Orionterron99, thx, yeah the core shadowing was a suggestion of a buddy of mine, so he takes part credit on them core shadows. i left the hand how it was, i've messed with that hand so much, i'm seeing hands when i close my eyes. i did however add background, let me know what ya think

Camsyko - i never noticed that about women's faces. i guess on average they do have a little smaller chins, cause women with big broad chins look like dudes sometimes now that i think of it. i need to do some hardcore face study, that's one of my weaknesses. i'm tryin to get overall anatomy down first though. thx for the crit.

And...i did a few figure sketches at the bookstore today

Artzealot's sketches.

and i added background to the creature of the week entry. i might delete all th previous posts with this thing and put it in to one post so it's like a progress thing i dunno...but here it is, I promise i wont post anymore progress shots of this ...

Artzealot's sketches.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Hey, Nice updates, of coarse you know what I'm going to say. I want to see more figures drawing like the above ^.

Thanks
    actually man, with the addition of the b/g the hand/hoof don't look too bad all in all, it's friggn great. (some day i will be able to do that!)

Thanks
    A few thumbnail sketches before a long school week full of 3d homework...

Artzealot's sketches.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

or my Artstation

Thanks
    wow, that last purple creature is amazing. looks a little washed out and blury. but with a little bit more detail it will look really cool.
    Anthony Camilo
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" – Confucius

Sketch Book

Thanks
    nice usage of refrence, the creekcrawler lo0ks 100 times better than when you started. all it needs is some spots/freckles just something to break up the skin pigmant. (try this out) make a new blank layer, and put some spots on the monster, then just turn the layer to multiply, or lower the opacity.
    good work.

Thanks
    The thumbnails are great. Really nice expression in em

Thanks
    I always like your quick silhouette studies and the ones from the bookstore are cool! Keep drawin from life It`ll help lots (both in speed and skill)
    Links
    Scetch Book
    AnimationMentor Blog

Thanks
    Nice figure stuff, and thumbnails... I guess I should start doing those too!

The recent COW seems to me to sit awkwardly on the BG. It might be because the creature looks strongly lit while the BG is overcast... but I'm not sure, it could just be the difference in rendering style throwing me off.

Thanks
    Hi, Artzealot! Had fun browsing through your SB. Youve got a lot of cool stuff. My favourite is the update from august 12 (woman in green with her back to us). Very nice. The Cow is good, he looks like a cross between a hppo and a cow with a touch of cyclops, but something about the very human front paws bothers me, it doesn't seem to fit the picture as a whole. The body structure seems to indicate that he walks on all fours, in which case, he would have evolved hoof like his two hind legs. Now if he was walking upright like a gorilla... Yeah, nitpick, nitpick. Keep up the great work. Insect bug locomotive rocks btw.

Thanks
    Sabe2003, couldn't agree with u more. i wish i had figure drawing 6 hours every day.

Orionterron99, thx, the hoof hand thing is still a good idea, maybe next week's creature, if i do it.

Camilografix, i didn't notice till you said, but your right, it does need a little work on the outline of it, it needs sharpened up a little. thx for the crit.

Crazyace31, i'm gonna try that. i'm going to maybe play around with some overlays and see if i can get some cool effects. he is a bit smooth skinned. Being the size he is, he probably would have a bit rougher skin

Kian, thx, yeah the thumbnails are my inkblot tests i use for inspiration when i can't think of anything.

Banshax, i agree man, i need to get hardcore into that life drawing, i wanna be pro, and life drawing is the answer.

Meatsworthy, i knew he didn't fit, but i couldn't put a finger on what it was till you said that. i think i do need to change the lighting. i will probably change the background to something a little more dramatic to match that of the creature. maybe make it early sunrise or dusk or something.

Lukavi, thx for stopping by. you arent nitpicking, i like it when people nitpick my stuff, nitpick it to death, i learn alot that way. I think i may redesign the creature of the week sometime but not right away. i wanted to give him the ability to pick things up with his hands and inspect them, maybe i should try some articulated pincier hooves or somethin or perhaps i will try your idea of making him able to walk upright also, like a gorilla. thx for stoppin by, come again and nitpick all you want, nitpicking is more than welcome here.

-In my art history class we've been learning about modernism and abstraction, and i decided to create a sort of abstract of my own. i was also halfway practicing drawing without "scratching" my lines in (a bad habit i have) i'll probably color this and repost it sometime. i can think of a bunch of ways i'm thinking color might really bring it to life.

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Artstation

Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 66