Sketchbook: Artzealot's sketches. - Page 11

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just got out of my psychology class and thought i'd post what i got done in class. Replies comin soon.

Artzealot's sketches.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you've made great progress throughout this thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daraf - Thanks. Finding and creating interesting shapes is definately the struggle. Good to hear u like them.
    Iolarnula - The scribbly vehicles should be coming to life. This week i plan on doin some vehicle studies
    Envisor - Thanks for the advice. Yeah i think my characters are a little weak. I'm currently tryin to get my environment drawing skills up, once those are up to par, i think i'm gonna dive into characters. School's kept me busy with enviros though.
    Qwertyuiop - I looked back at my earlier stuff after reading your message, and i'd have to agree. i'm very happy i started this sketchbook.

Here is another isometric sketch (as promised) it's another marketplace idea for my middle eastern style fictional game thing i'm workin on in school. I still need to clean up the linework, then color it. So it's not quite done yet...

Artzealot's sketches.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Somethin i started last night while watching the season premiere of 24. I worked on it a little more today, i'm tired of lookin at it. Here it is.

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    l like urban environment -it is very atmospheric
    faces with noise are also looks cool
    oh the last one is great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your Rabbit from post 43 is crazy man!

Keep it up!

Best,

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this work realy put a smile on my face, there is not much I can say apart from maybe explore ideas further and if you use ref to aid design.
    good work over all really enjoyed it.

The scrawny white sketchbook ring
    OISHIINIKU CAKEYPIGDOG MYA RES D-BAKER ASHAB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PhoenixRus - Thanks a bunch. Yeah the faces using the random noisy mess as the base is a pretty fun exercise to do. i want to do more.
    Chris Noeth - Thanks. That rabbit is a popular one, i feel like i maybe should have given him a name. Nibbles, or something like that.
    Ashab - Thanks.

A desert speedpaint:

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artzealot, really kickass envo. work so far. That psychology page above is pretty kickass, the dudes with the ripped off skin near the jaw are great. : I Lemme see more mate.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never thought of using a custom brush to make a isometric grid. A lot fun pages and expressive drawings of people. You even made a tentacles page, haha. I'm still working on my isometric basic cubes.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like that last environment. The other stuff is cool too but this one sticks out a lot more than the others for some reason. I'd love to see a really finished peice from you man.

sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude. Great sketchbook here! What school are you going to for your game design courses? If you've already mentioned that I apologize, I only read through a few posts, and looked at a bunch of pics. You seem to have started this SB with a good solid understanding of the fundamentals of art, but your improvement across this sb is great. I actually feel like I learned after looking at some of these pieces. This one http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...etplace302.jpg and the others like it must have taken a ton of patience to work out.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

good job

hi man i like your sketches verry nice, i like your ideas and how y pot the colors togheter i hope i can learn to work in PS like this i am at begining sooo ,got to work hard ( and the job is more harder when y dont have a table ;(((((((((

noww man keepit like this , you are verry good. check my schetch book plzzz and say your opinion .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did a crappy face model in maya for one of my modeling classes, so i drew over it.

Before:

Artzealot's sketches.

After:

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your envos are probably your best work. That last one is really cool with the colors and what not. Heheh, good to see other people's in class sketches. The phsychology sketches are awsome, as if the classes subject really affected your drawing.

I cant seem to tell which face is goin' where on your head model, they seem to be crossing in quite a few areas. The paint over is nice though; he looks so sad though..

great work

The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sirio_brozzi - I havent been doing a whole lot of pencils, but more digitals are comin. I've really been trying to hone the digital media lately, but yeah thanks for stoppin in.
    Pigeonkill - i like the name. The isometric grid isn't actually a brush, i suppose a brush would work, but i have it saved as a transparent overlay, so i'll just open up the isometric grid file and drag the layer into whatever new isometric drawing i'm working on.
    Minjarr - Thanks. Theres a more finished piece coming up. i've been working on an isometric drawing for the past week, here and there whenever i get time, but i consider it a more finished piece. i'm hoping to finish it today in the coffee shop, so i'll be posting that soon.
    Sepulverture - Thanks for the compliment. It isn't really patience to finish my drawings, usually hunger hunger sets in before my patience runs out. I usually draw in four to six hour binges and by the time i stop it's because i'm starving cause i usually skipped a meal or something. I'm thinking i might experience something like that today, as i get ready to finish up my big detailed isometric painting. Thx for stopping in.
    M0uS3r - Thanks for all the love. Yeah a tablet is really important, a mouse can do about 3.034% of what a tablet can do. U need to put a link in your signature to your sketchbook, i cant check it out without a link
    Wake101 - I don't think it was the psychology class that made me draw the weird stuff, it's kinda what i always do in class. Maybe it did though, who knows? Oh, haha, that head model, yeah i'm not really concerned with my head modeling though. The face that i drew out of the model is how i feel whenever i have to model in 3d.

This is something i was working on yesterday a little and today a little. it's going to be a graphic that is going to go on my business card, just thought i'd post it.

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    badass retarded horse mouth? I like it, I drew some wierd stuff during psychology to. Looking forward to the finished Isometric.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zenchi - Thanks, glad u like the mouth, i like him too. Here's that finished isometric:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ArtZealot; January 29th, 2008 at 07:15 PM.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sorry man!!!

i'm so sorry man.im new here and i dont knew it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's all good joe.

Heres some progress stuff of me designing a cool lookin wind powered boat. I kept all the steps in layers without even thinking about it so i figured i'd just post it up:

Started out with some thumbnails using androids method. Pretty much the goal is to find cool shapes:

Artzealot's sketches.

Then using some photoshop brushes for the sails, so it's recognizable as being a boat. First i'm tryin' out square sails:

Artzealot's sketches.

Then some triangular salils (which i end up liking better)

Artzealot's sketches.

And i took my favorites, spent about 10 minutes each rendering them out a little bit more, so they were better recognizable as a boat. Pretty much all i have to do now is keep rendering but i'm done designing it. (upper left one is my favorite)

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dig the process above, the first stage is pretty insanely abstract, but I guess if its shapes youre looking for, thats what you get. Really nice variety with those sail boats, remind me alot of Chinese Junkers. Mouth is looking damn good as well, dig the detail.

Glad you heart calamari.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sirio_Brozzi - thanks. I wasnt thinking of chinese junkers but i think maybe i was and didn't know it. I didn't know what that kind of ship was called but i know i've seen something similar before, its good to know what they're actually called

Here's the upper left ship from the post above, rendered out:

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff

GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woohoo, that androids method seems to be paying off! That s some nice shapes on that boat there!!

Cool!!!

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot
    Started out with some thumbnails using androids method. Pretty much the goal is to find cool shapes:
    Great boats!

Can you post a link where Android is showing more of this method you are using?

Keep it up!

Best,

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its been a long time since i stopped in here. holy shit man! mass improvement. the ships are looking great! you're using your tools and methods pretty effectively. the render is looking good, nice values but try to fill in that background. that chicken mutant is really interesting. good stuff bro
    keep working hard
    -ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

see you again!!

no man don't worry...i learned the lesson about posting in other threads....thanks for the advice...by the way looks good the sketches of hybrid people,and the shark....studies of boats too.
    c.u.around .pld:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great ship design. That thumbnail method seems to be paying off for you. It really does seem to create new and interesting shapes.

the isometric is also lookin' sweet. You ever going to model that out?

The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool boats! The model looks unhappy...

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loads and Loads and LOADS of improvement, mate. Keep up the good work!

MY WEBSITE: PaintedSky.ca
    MY SKETCHBOOK: Ook's Book - Karyl Craves Your Approval

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 16