Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    my fav part of your most recent enviro is the clouds... The color scheme all around is wonderful, but for some reason the clouds set it all off. Love the dark. keep it up!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 561 Posts
    Here's my creature of the week entry, far from done, but what i have so far, i'll keep updating my progress on it. I still need to fix the anatomy, composition...well a bunch of stuff, but yeah this is my first comp.

Artzealot's sketches.

I can't seem to pull myself away from this thing...i have a ton of homework too. just another progress shot, fixed up the arm a little, and the head, it's supposed to be a "river crawler" according to the creature of the week topic...i still need to make it more "crawlery" it looks like more of a river titan than a river crawler.

Artzealot's sketches.

Last edited by ArtZealot; September 1st, 2006 at 05:42 PM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    hellllllooooo! I like pretty much everything in here!! I love the last environment one you put up. This crawler thing, what are you using to make that? i like it so far. i'll be back!!

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    The proportions for the second look much better, though the first has a more interesting feel. More human/sub human, whereas the second is more hippo-y (the birds don't help, lol). to go with more of a crawler style, you might try a two part pic, one with it out of the water (like the post), and one with it IN the water. problem is, again, it would resemble a hippo. unless of course that is what you wanted...

Thanks
    Hell yea man! you have made vast improvements since i first saw your work! Keep pluggin away at it. You got potential.

Ill come back and do a crit a bit later on when i have time to stare and analyze some of your pieces =)

Thanks
    the forground arm is nicely planted, but the weight of the overall creature looks like he is falling foreward, or off to the side. Also try extending your torso down inbetween the back legs.(it may help with the weight). when rendering the forground hoof keep it in perspective, and try pointing it a little outward( just see how it looks).

Thanks
    whoa man- your eniviros are solllliiiidddd- like 'em a lot. that's something i need to work on. anyway, lifedrawings are looking mighty fine as well- just need some work on the faces. but i guess that's something that needs a bit more time sometimes. great book man- i'll be sure to stop by again

Thanks
    Wow, i've gotten a lot of visitors since i last replied...

Banshax: thanks. Yeah i like doin animals. i've been hitting up the zoo lately, and i'm realising theres some cool animals out there...i especially like the bugs.

Orionterron99: I almost forgot to put the clouds in, then i remembered the last environment i did, the one of the house on the hill, i forgot to put clouds in and everyone told me "it needs atmosphere". the clouds are a photoshop brush by the way.

Cobi: The crawler thing...my idea i guess came from a bunch of water creatures melded into one. i was lookin at a hippo, then water buffalo, then none of them were muscular enough so i looked at a belgian blue bull (pretty cool genetic deformity man has made out of a bull) and yeah, that's about how i came up with it. thanks for stoppin by. Oh, and stay away from that new-metallica by the way (load, re-loaded, and st.anger) those albums will de-evolve you.

Orionterron99: i took your advice, i swapped out the heads (though i still feel i need to tweek it a little more) It did look too much like a hippo. thx for the crit, artzealot loves crits. tear my stuff apart.

Stimpack: thanks for the props. you need to get back into conceptart dude, no one from our school concept arts it up, it would be a sweet way for us all to keep in contacts and track our improvement after we all graduate. I'm sure no one will give a bull-shoot if you post a 3d render here and there in your thread either. keep on truckin'

Crazyace: I took your advice on extending the torso, i'll mess with the hooves too, this thing isn't done

Sith: Thx a lot for the compliment, i'll work on them faces, i guess i need to stop with the cartoony stuff, or ditch the mechanical pencil i love so very very much. thx for the advice.

And....continued work in progress on this weeks creature of the week. it still needs a few more tweeks, i'm always open to crits. by the way...i know the background on it sucks, i did it in about 6.4 seconds

Artzealot's sketches.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

or my Deviantart!

Thanks
    FRIGGIN A! LOVE the changes man! especially the monocular vision! personally it resembles a sick fusion of man, beast (i can see the bull/buffalo in some of the muscle structures) and monster and the b/g helps it immensely. one last nit-picky thing, nix the knuckle walking... actually no... keep the digits, but i would suggest adding hoof-like growths on the knuckle joints, it would add a bit of consistancy with the back feet, but by keeping the hands still have the eerie 'this thing might have been human' factor. just sumpin to think about.

Thanks
    looking good, keep going with it

your figure stuff is looking nice, but maybe do a few exercises taking more time with it

cheers

Thanks
    NIce. it is coming along well! you seem to know where you putting those muscles. REFRENCE the back leg, it seems to look extremly vertical.
    check this pic out, see how the animals back leg is leaning forward and not staight up.
    http://www.wildlife-pictures-online....xbuffbull4.jpg
    the rendering is looking awsome!and i like the extended torso, it is looking sexy, keep going!

Thanks
    Nice sketchbook! Your pencil skills are very strong, and your knowledge of form as also good. As far as crits go, the word that jumps into my mind is color! I think you need to take on giant leap out of your comfort zone and apply some big, bold, sometimes ugly colors to your canvas. For inspiration on vivid, striking, experimental color work, I like to go to Idiot Apathy's sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56810. Though, obviously, color is something I need to work on as well.
    I liked seeing you put the knowledge you gained from your bug sketches to work in designing that hopper vehicle. I also liked your thumbnails, the "Art of War" environment, and that one sketch of a dog in a hazmat suit or something.
    Nice work! Just constantly push your boundaries.

Thanks
    ok, all he needs now is an environment...i fixed up the arm, added some core shadowing, refined the head a little....among other things.
    (replies are comin soon, i must sleep now.)

Artzealot's sketches.

or my Deviantart!

Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook