• CHOW#27 - VOTING - Non Japanese Gheisha Dead_Bunny

12 14.12%
  • CHOW#27 - VOTING - Non Japanese Gheisha ILAEKAE

9 10.59%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CHOW#27 - VOTING - Non Japanese Gheisha

I'm just an entertaineer... of ALL your senses, all virtues, all sins.

I get it now - it's about chicks and sexy forms. Last round so powerfull was the.. clockwork colosus... it's all about migthy and hottie... eh?

We have some first CHOW-erst this round too yet... with all the sadness... not all made it to the drum roll.
    New reserved are for them... but as the selection is tough.. let me not waist your time.
    CLICK YOUR VOTE

Alope Panther Laughs has always loved travelling and entertaining since she was a child in the Dakotas on Earth. As an adult she has found fulfillment as a contract courtesan, travelling the worlds of the five systems and making a more than a few credits.

The elite geisha classed succubi are revered for their beauty and entertaining talent. Usually the higher demons own personal slaves, they are often used on the prime material plane to woo and entice great kings and warriors. They can charm humans with small illusions and their enticing physical attractiveness. Often lightly dressed with wicked intentions

Shinatara: The Goddess of the Geisha. Shinatara is worshipped by The People of the Arts. She bestowes upon her followers the gifts of grace and beauty, and gives the ability to translate ideas into visual wonders. She is portayed with two arms, one set for creating (represented by being in a praying position), and one set for destruction, (represented as holding the Umbrella of Death). She is the enemy of Ugliness, and uses her weapon to destroy that which lacks visual appeal.

Neorepto
    NO BORDER? grrr...

Relationships between Yeesian males and females are complicated and shrouded in mystery and ritual. Yeesian society is female-dominated, as the females are much physically larger and boast life expectancies generally double that of males. Property and title is handed down matrilinerally through female heirs as continuity is a strong societal value.

The smaller humanoid males, in contrast to the larger slug-like females are prized as assets of speed, stealth and grace. The most accomplished and learned of these males are called Hokan, the adored, chosen servants of true Yeesian female power-brokers. Hokan are trained from childhood in the arts of dance, music, calligraphy as well as self-defense, subterfuge and intelligence gathering. No Yeesian potentate is complete or truly effective in her affairs without her Hokan.

Stempunk inspired geisha

The demand for entertainers in the Wild West was high, and as the career grew increasingly popular, each woman needed to distinguish herself from the rest. The first bronze coated 'cage' was worn by Eileen Winterland, one of the most prestigious entertainers of the 1930s, and a national star. She had a range of custom made suits made by only the best smithys, and was responsible for taking this profession to the next level. A woman of high morals, she was untouchable, and the epitome of elegance.

This fiesty youngster is a tricky one! She trawls the streets of her local area, wearing her green cloak, which covers her body up to her face. Wealthy businessmen often come to this area for some after hours "laundry services" And the green ladies signifies that they are up for the service. However, our nasty lady has been paid off by rival companies from off shore, to take out the businessmen, or pry information out of them, by any means.

She is a skilled born and raised Muay Thai artist. With a powerful body as her weapon, and legs with shins that can splinter bones, there is nothing you can do to protect yourself. And as soon as shes done flailing her limbs in your general direction, she slips back under the green cloak and back into the crowds...for her next victim.....

Modern tropical island hotel resort geisha - has an exotic name like Leia. Her tools are - the hot little body, flower in hand, fluttery eyelashes and swaying hips. She is a mix of all temptersses ... a little bit of asian, a little bit of arabic and a little bit of tropical all in one. Don't mix her with a girl easy to get ... as she is prohibited to join you in any kind of close entertainment. She is to ogle at but not to touch.

Only the finest of pure women are chosen to be in the company of kings and leaders of men. The harsh deserts of Africa can be tamed by the slightest smile and warm gesture from a Geisha who knows her power and how she must use it to survive.

Roshanda, a geisha unlike any other

Glimpse into our not so distant future and we'll meet a young woman named Jarbright. Feral, passionate, seductive and undeniably in control she tells a story with her body in its pure form. After the last war, today's cultures melted together to create new traditions one of which being a new type of geisha. She is a strong woman, confident in herself and her talents. An untouchable artist who's sole being is to perform to the brink of collapse and beyond. Night after night she attempts to break the machine. Little is known about how she, or those like her live. Once exhausted from the work she fades back into the crowd unnoticed. There is no proper venue for the spectacle; it is not uncommon to pass a performance on the street on your way to work, your best friend’s bachelor party, in a warehouse, the train station, or in the case of a few lucky individuals Carnegie Hall. Rumors of Geisha Revival’s origin typically stem back to an old story about a Music/Book store that was bombed in the war and how years later during reclamation a group of young girls scavenged what was left and formed new secret lives. They copied makeup stylings out of books older than their grandparents. Unable to recreate the ornate patterns adorning the kimono, with the same makeup over their faces they traced the patterns onto their flesh and that flesh would become their instrument. In addition to the honey sweet cooing, the animalistic howls and shrieks and sheepish longing moans from within the world around them provided an orchestra of sound to punch, crush, crumble, tip-toe over, slap, swing, and crawl on. The convulsions coming from these exertions formed the earliest steps of the dance. Since that time many have assembled specific pieces to accompany their instrument (sheets of metal, wood, taught fabric) but each performance remains as unique as the performer…

SUB-SAHARAN AFRICAN GEISHA

The concept doesn't exist in reality, so the young lady is a combination of elements from 37 different tribes. Her traditions are oral, and her skills are so far beyond the capabilities of most "civilized" alternatives as to be unbelievable--she not only plays ove 200 instruments, she knows how to make every one of them by hand with minimal tools. She also made every single thing she is wearing, and built and decorated the home she lives in. Her only complaint is blue. There really isn't enough of it readily available to use in nature to suit her tastes...

Call her a or a concubine and she'll use one of the 100-odd weapons she knows how to make to rip your lungs out and cook them with onions and roots in a stew.

Last edited by Oblio; May 29th, 2006 at 06:46 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Notes and reviews

So.. here are my comments for the round.
    Neorepto - almost not taken to the poll - you forgot the border.
    Tom Garden - Almost not taken to the poll - low quality image. The concept is cool and it's your first time so... there you go. Welcome to CHOW.

I would have loved to see the WIPS done:
    CHOW#27 - VOTING - Non Japanese GheishaCHOW#27 - VOTING - Non Japanese GheishaCHOW#27 - VOTING - Non Japanese Gheisha
    Wassermelone, Cumquat, Carotello - were all looking so close to be awsome entries.
    Chaosrocks - why man.. why.. i thought you'll finish that
    Phuzion - your sketch was looking better then the 2nd wip ..

MR-Joe - Anatomy issues... lots. i know it's a wip

And our big entry and terrible loss.
    Edgets

Valeriana, has earned her nickname of making men to sleep after her services. She loves her job as geisha but find it too soulless and made look cheap and common trade in the western world so after studying japanese went to become geisha combining her fearce commercial competitive attitude to romantic beautiful art of love making in eastern fashion, she is employed in a secret ninja service where they need high safety including the women who work for them which is why when you once get in you dont come out again, however Valeriana loves her job and never wants to get out of where she is as well

Story: Ninja... Love... love... love.. hey.. we should like all that. It's just that... well you know how it is.
    Image: Taking the background off will leave me with a very rough and unnatural sketch. The pose is difficult and issues are allover - from anatomy to render and so on. Even with the perspective, her foot is greater then the head (already big) and so on. I'm sorry this is your first CHOW.. yet.. i know you can do it way better.

To all:
    This activity usualy takes a week. In a week time.. one image CAN get spectacular. Trust me... i know time is a bitch... yet... i fear that we are all getting satisfied with less that we can really give.
    See you next week:

Last edited by Oblio; May 29th, 2006 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure whether non acceptance due to judgement on quality is fair or not? I agree that we should all be pushing ourselves to do well and improve in quality - and i fully admit that in this round i personally didnt do the best piece of work i could have done.

However - i still think, like in COW ALL entries that people have finished to the best of their own standard, should be allowed to enter. Its the whole point in the judging, what they do may not look as good as the rest and look more like a higher quality artists WIP or sketch. But because they took the time to finish it, they should be allowed to enter. I agree also that WIP or HIGHLY unfinised artwork is not worthy to enter, as well as stuff that has invalidated the topic.

This isnt a personal attaack just airing my thoughts on the system in place! And thanks for the welcome to CHOW, sorry if its a bit of an assaut as a first post in the voting! eek!!! but i'lll be back next round with something better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote goes to: Dead Bunny - powerfull image, dynamic pose, dramatic expression and story, gheisha related yet far from the classic.

Also loved: csteingart, image... Ilaekae for story (those gradients are so disturbing for the pic's style... ).

EDIT: Tom, i ussualy keep off the poll the entries that i believe will not get any votes. Your entry lacks the render quality we ussualy see here (anat, proportions, brushwork, forms - if she puts that foot down her red pants will fall off) and also... your concept is not of a gheisha - however.. since it's to .. off the subject i though some might want to vote it. It's the major reason i took it to the poll combined with your first appearance... etc.
    We never do personal attacks her e- or at least.. i'll never dare to do one. I hope you understand my POV...
    I'll keep telling you all - my first COW's were rejected too - and this is not revenge since that motivated me a lot.
    CHOW it's not a COW. Hi hi... it's .. worst

Last edited by Oblio; May 29th, 2006 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, i understand your POV, but you never know the outcome of a poll - even if its unlikely to get votes, it should still be allowed in(i realise these polls arent exactly likely to get thousands of votes, so outcome can be predicted, but still)

I'm WELL aware of my bad rendering in this one painted it too quick to just get in.

anyways thanks for having me none the less, and hope next weeks one will get something better form me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for cognition.sb... Usually, I would go for something less subdued, but something here really struck me. The way the back-piece she wears works together front and back views is really pretty.

Oblio: thanks for taking me to poll even though I'm borderless. I will remember next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Oblio, your time and attention to this activity is amazing. Mine was mostly a joke, and I didn't put the border and stuff around it cause I didn't think you'd take it to poll anyway. It was just a clean up away from done. But I think folks mostly got the point of the protest anyway. Thanks for your comments and your hard work on this. It/s very early here I come back and vote later
    Choas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Went with Fuuryoku - cool costume, nice idea. Good to see you got rid of the other foot, looks much better without it. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the floating orb thing. It's a bit cliche and not really necessary, and with the flute there (held like a weapon) it just seems too Star Wars-y.

Thanks for the vote, Neo.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,582 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Had to go for Evil Sloth. Beautiful piece.

Had a lot of trouble voting here. the rules called for NON-Japanese, yet so many of the entries were still Japanese based, in clothing, adornment, etc., which I found rather disturbing, but then, I have a different background than most of the people here, so maybe it's not such a big problem with most of you. To me (no offense intended in any way) it indicated a failure to mentally seperate the original geisha form/idea from it's original ethnic roots. Evil's was definitly NOT Japanese, and had a nice loose style, though I would have liked to see more color in an African image. It's a natural for personal adornment in areas that are as bleak as the one he/she is indicating.

BTW, Oblio, mine's in pen and finished in PS with texture brushes, and even when I work only in AI, I rarely use gradients. Find them too mechanical.

Last edited by Ilaekae; May 29th, 2006 at 11:58 AM. Reason: addition.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dead_Bunny...very powerful and fantastic anatomy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for me, it came down to Evil Sloth and Fuuryoku, and after some thought, I think Fuuryoku gets my vote this time

No!... Maybe..... Look, that was six weeks ago.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I vote for Fuuryoku. Love the values.
    Lot's of good entries this round. Too bad I'm too busy to join.
    Tom, I would've thought a Thai Dancer in costume would've been a much more beautiful choice. Then again the decoartions on them might take too long. Oh well.

There's nothing better than dinner and CSI.
    Latest Showcase
    Noi's Sketched Up Creations
    3thumbsup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    csteingart... Afro... hairpic... Those rolls she's eating better have some kinda tempura chicken in them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    noiion - yes very much so - heres my story on that comp - not been sleeping well lately, and was at the tail end of an allnighter when i decided to paint this (having jsut watched some muay thai kickboxing lol) so wasnt in the best state of mind

I'm currently polishing up the rendering. And yeh, she could have been a little more seductive!!! hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted f0r Ilaekae. Love the colors and she has this "I am women, hear me roar" look. I think thats esential for a Geisha. Good luck to all!!!

My body heals, My ego doesn't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Dead-bunny. Loved the concept of the post-apocalyptic geisha and the anatomy was just killer.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.