Thread: NaCoDraMo

Thanks

NaCoDraMo

So I've never posted before and I know that gives me a pretty low level of respect/credibility, but I wanted to pass along a project I'm starting. I love the stuff I see while browsing the contests and daily galleries, but maybe my idea doesn't exactly fit here, but we'll see. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writers Month. It's in the fall and participants strive to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I love the idea, but if I'm going to expend a sustained effort in creating something over a period of a month, I'd rather use the visual arts. I dug around to see if there was a group doing anything like this, and I didn't find much. Back in '04, someone suggested "NaGraNoMo", or National Graphic Novel Month, but it looked like only one person ever spoke up about trying it and no finished work was ever posted to the site. So this is my proposal:

NaCoDraMo.

National Comic Drawing Month. Beginning June 1 and ending June 30th, participants agree to draw a comic a day for thirty days. It can be anything: one panel, three panels, drawing/collage/computer art, political, funny, action serial, biography, journal, anything you can think of and believe you would carry on for the month of June. The only rules are that you (on the honor system) produce a comic each day and post it, as your are able, to an RSS-enabled site. Then provide the link to NaCoDraMo.blogspot.com via nacodramo@gmail.com so everyone can see what's being done. There's no prize, though I could see offering one/some if we get enough participants. The creator retains all rights to her own work, NaCroDraMo only exists to set a bar for achieving a goal and to share the work with others along the way. If you're excited about the possibilities, please let me know you'd like to participate. There are a couple of people on board at the moment, but all participants will be linked to in the sidebar of the NaCroDraMo blog. I'm pretty excited about seeing the great things this can spur on.

Tree

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you're reading this but deciding to pass on it, could you please let me know why? (It would help with trying to organize another one in the future.)

Too short of notice?
    Not a recognized member of this community?
    Not a good idea?
    Not enough time to participate?
    What else?

I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks
    I think it seems like an OK idea. And, I think the Lounge is the appropriate place to put your post.

I personally don't have the time to participate, but I'm sure others here do. You've chosen a very busy month for conceptart.org, though. They're having a workshop in June and there are 2 huge ongoing contests in these forums as well. Maybe that's why you're not getting too many responses to this thread.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Thanks, the contests and workshop info was a good heads-up.

Members who have read this thread: 1