Anyone else get night terrors?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone else get night terrors?

I swear, this happens to me all the time if Im really seriously drawing (where its halfass decent). Or if Im not having to fight to get down what Im seeing. But if I keep at it, I get night terrors from lucid dreaming. The sensation of drawing feels great, and its the only reason I do it, but then when I go to sleep, this shit happens and I feel exhausted the next day even if I slept alot..... Happened all the time as a kid.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nope. I have had some daffy dreams about guys and gals from this website, though. Like one where I stabbed Alan Lee because one of Marko's drawings half-electrocuted me.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I scream, laugh, punch, and talk in my sleep nearly everynight. I've had horrible dreams all of my life, and have screamed uncontrollably for years.

My poor husband puts up with it all. I once woke myself up punching him in the face. No lie. It wasn't a hard hit, but it was in right in his cheek, near his eye. That poor poor guy. He actually laughed about the whole incident. It's like the force of the punch woke me up, too. I don't remember the dream at all.

He once told me I was trying to do a really bad New York accent in my sleep. I have no memory of anything I say ever. I just get to hear all the weird stories when I wake up in the morning.

This is why I never stay the night as a guest in anyone's home. They would all have heart attacks.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dreamt I was Guy Pearce and I was riding a piece of plywood through the air like a flutter board. These two guys with machine guns thought I was going to attack the school and tried to shoot me down, so I went back home to wrestle Rasputin. All of this was in the animation style of Cowboy Bebop.

So… no, I don't get night terrors.

Check out my sketchbookplease!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hate when i get those dreams where you try to punch this shit out of someone but it has no effect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    Nope. I have had some daffy dreams about guys and gals from this website, though. Like one where I stabbed Alan Lee because one of Marko's drawings half-electrocuted me.

LOL, I have CA dreams too... alot more since the mention of the Montreal workshop as well. They aren't about stabbings, just about what might go on at the WS, and what the people I'll meet there might be like. I once dreamt Marko, Loomer (whom I've never seen a picture of, and didn't see his face in the dream... weird), and I were talking about art in some lounge. Marko just kept on giving teethy smiles, sitting quietly, and nodding alot, while Loomer and I chatted. It was very strange and the only one I vaguely remember.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have this wierd dream that I master photoshopr rendering, I discover some functions and make crazy stuff... always a disepointment when I wake up :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes... often.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my roomates tell me I thrash around a lot and yell in my sleep but I never remember any of it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember this dream where loomer and cotron were having uncomfortable sex in the back room of the Society of Illustrators. I was shocked, because when I woke up I remembered that it really happened.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, this is for real. The other night, I had a dream I saw the second coming of Christ. He looked just like a regular uni student but with long hair and a beard (well....same thing i guess;p). Then a big group of us went to this house/mansion thing. Thats were it felt very "cult". Then we watched his miracle. It was a stormy sky, which he made three "tubes" of clouds fly toward the window then freeze. But as they came toward the windows they became super bright colours.

The next night, I dreamt I had a time machine with my mates. But the thing could only go at about 4 miles an hour.

I also laugh, converse, and swear (alot) in my sleep.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kresh
    I hate when i get those dreams where you try to punch this shit out of someone but it has no effect.
    When I bought my very first pistol, I had this dream where a burglar had broken into the house, and my new pistol could only roll the bullets across the floor towards him. I spoke about it to a few of my gun club friends, and more than a couple of them said they had similar experiences.

OptimusDinkus - While my personal art has never caused this, I've found that work induces these the types of dreams you speak of. I dream about solving a particular programming program or technical drawing, and when I wake up, I realize I have to do it all over again in real life when I go in the next morning.

Bummer. pld:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And your fist feels like mush when it connects, and you throw each punch way too slowly? I hate those, too!

A couple of years ago around this time, I was having a lot of nightmares involving shopping malls. In the first one I remember, the mall had a very old-fashioned city styling to it, with cobblestone streets and fancy street lamps. All the colors of the bricks had an earthy tone to them. I also remember the mall being enormous, like a bell tower but really spacious.

Because of this, the lighting inside the building was pretty dim, with only a few spots being illuminated by lamps or corner stores—rarely was there sunlight, save from the ground level exit or the sparse sunroofing letting it filter through. The staircases dangled from the cieling like those construction paper mobiles you sometimes see decorating kindergarten classrooms. You could never really tell where they led from or to and, despite having many bends and corners to them, weren't held up or suspended by anything more than the ground they were anchored to. They also didn't have railings, which is why I fell off one in my dream.

The second mall dream I remember was set in a mall built out of aquanauts Lego. I don't remember much except that it was really sunny and bright inside, and the staircases were really wide and made of that translucent blue "glass" that the aquanauts had. I fell through it, in fact! The rest of the dreams involved falling in some way through the interior of a really big mall and waking up in a cold sweat. Totally bizarre.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    most of you guys dont seem to know what night terrors are.

Bad/creepy dream != night terror.

A night terror is closer to a hallucination when youre halfway asleep. Your eyes will be open. You'll be in your bed. But you'll be seeing things that arent there. For most people its spiders.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont dream, or if I do dream, i remember few and far between.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One time I dreamt Captain Picard and I were trapped in a barn, hiding from a giant mechanical wasp. I woke up and could not get back to sleep, for fear of The Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by aesir

A night terror is closer to a hallucination when youre halfway asleep. Your eyes will be open. You'll be in your bed. But you'll be seeing things that arent there. For most people its spiders.
    Right, got off topic. Sorry.

I usually get those when I have a fever, and haven't for a long time. But when I did, I used to have these really abstract ones about a ball continuously rolling down a drain. For some reason this really scared me. Another involved a couple of feuding lynch mobs fighting over who'd get to kill me.

But, like I said, those happened a long time ago. I used to get fevers like that a lot as a kid, now that I think about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I got a few of these when I was a little kid, I remember one in particular where the hanging light fixture cover thing in my room was continuously morphing and had the illusion of moving toward me and spreading across the room, for some reason I remember it had the connotation of an evil owl swooping down to snatch me up. I threw my pillow at it in a fit and it fell to the ground and shattered, being a glass antique. Then I remember standing on my bed sobbing, when my mom came running in to see what was wrong. It's amazing how vivid the memory is.

Wow! Still some very intense emotion attached to that, my heart is racing! o_o ........ I think that may have been when I had a bad ear infection, which I had a couple of when I was little.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ok. Again , as much as I sound like im talking shit. This again is true. I have a roommate who never goes to uni and has totally flunked this year. He came home one night drunk as hell. Didnt wake me up though. Then midway through the night i half opened my eyes to see this figure at the bottom of my bed. I totally shit myself! It was my twat of a roommate try to have a piss at the bottom of my bed. Before he managed that, I grabbed him and threw him as hard as i could to the other side of the room. Then he pissed on his chair. Yeah, hes a dirty bastard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I often get tired while driving and fall half asleep (yes, I know. Get off the roads.) And hallucinate, which wakes me up. Like I was behind this black van while falling asleep and I suddenly saw a man in a black suit run in front of me. Another time I was behind a car and it suddenly looked like it was turned around and driving right at me. Probably not a "night terror" but its similar I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also, with night terrors, normally it freezes the person in place, like you can't move which is even the scarier part of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I used to have these from when I was 10 to about 17 years old. The common experience that I would have is that I would wake up in the night and the room would start to appear distorted, like I am getting smaller and the room is getting bigger. This would make me more freaked out and my heart would beat faster and louder. Then a fear of impending doom would set in, like there are people outside your house and they are going to kill you. One of the other effects is that the texture of your bedsheets would feel like sandpaper or something really coarse. At this point when I was a kid I used to run to my parents room, with me full of panic, figures and objects would seem really angry with me and everything would move in slow motion. It really is a horrible experience.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had this one dream when I was like 2 where I opened up a closet and BAM, the bloody head of a vampire sticks out with its eyes gleaming and fangs all inching outwards.

2 years old, no joke.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I had one night terror, atleast one that I can remember where I drempt that there was this white light hovering around and it was an alien craft trying to beam me up...then I was frozen still in my bed thinking i was being abducted and couldn't move for a while until I totally realized that it was a dream. At the part where I froze in my sleep I think I woke up, half awake and was still frozen to my bed.

Anyone been having dreams where their teeth have been falling out? I used to have those a lot and recently have been having them again. Also a lot of dreams with water ever since I was a kid. I actually remember the first one I ever had.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, loosing teeth is strange....but the the best part of this dreams and other nightmares are when you wake up...you realize that you have a wonderful life and everything is fine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had the losing teeth dream all the time. I read in a book that it symbolizes that "you are out of control of your life". I believe that to be kinda true, considering I had a lot of stressful things going on at the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ohhhhhh i know those all too well. hate em aswell.
    bloody bitches just continue smiling.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex
    ohhhhhh i know those all too well. hate em aswell.
    bloody bitches just continue smiling.
    no carnifex, these aren't dreams...it's your reality....haha....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I was in Chile, me and my bro were sharing a room. One night he shouted my name, and I woke up scared thinking the house was on fire or something, he then told me he had just seen this huge spider the size of his hand. I shat myself, jumped out of bed, and me and him were trying to look for it for about 30 mins. Then we decided it was either hiding or gone, and so we went back to sleep. The next morning I find out my brother was actually asleep, or half asleep when he was talking to me, creepy!
    Oh, and there was no spider, he'd seen this small spider on the table the day before, and his brain must have "projected" it onto the wall, making it look huge... or something. *shrugs*

Sometimes if I'm taking a nap on my bed and I'm laying on my back, I dream that I wake up, but can't move. Everything seems real though, colours are vivid etc. Kinda scary, sometimes I'm laying there for 5 minutes trying to move or shout, but I can't. Then I suddenly really wake up. Won't ever stop me from taking my precious naps though : ]

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    c-fox, i think what you had was sleep paralysis. i get it every once in a while.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonfox
    When I was in Chile, me and my bro were sharing a room. One night he shouted my name, and I woke up scared thinking the house was on fire or something, he then told me he had just seen this huge spider the size of his hand. I shat myself, jumped out of bed, and me and him were trying to look for it for about 30 mins. Then we decided it was either hiding or gone, and so we went back to sleep. The next morning I find out my brother was actually asleep, or half asleep when he was talking to me, creepy!
    Oh, and there was no spider, he'd seen this small spider on the table the day before, and his brain must have "projected" it onto the wall, making it look huge... or something. *shrugs*

peace
    You know...we do have plenty of "huge" spiders in each chilean household, so it was probably real ....sometimes this spiders just stay in the same damn spot for days, but fear not, this spiders actually eat other spiders and never bite humans .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.