Painter 9.5 crash: Ready to move to PS!!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter 9.5 crash: Ready to move to PS!!!

I normally just lurk on the boards but Painter has got me so frustrated I had to see if I was alone. Forgive me for one of my first posts being a negative one.

I run Painter 9.5 on a dual 2.5 G5 with 4.5 gigs of ram and I can't rotate the canvas without the program crashing?!!?!!! It's getting ridiculous to the point that I'm ready to switch back to Photoshop. I have to save before I rotate my canvas everytime just to make sure I don't lose my work. With deadlines looming and Painter literally crashing at least every half hour i'm losing my sanity.

I have even gone to the extent of having no other programs running while I use painter.

I'm I alone in this or am I doing something wrong on my end? I know the Painter Corp. people watch the board so I was hoping for any response before I pitch my copy in the trash and never look back.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi HotShoe,

Rather than wait for Corel folks to read your post, I'd strongly suggest that you send a clear and concise report directly to the Corel Painter developers at either:

painterteam@corel.com

or...

steve.szoczei@corel.com

Include your complete system specs, what your image includes (i.e. Layers, Layer types, Shapes, etc.) brush variants used (including any brush control adjustments), all steps leading up to the problem, and any other details you think might help the developers to reproduce the problem to they can track down the cause and fix it.

Also, tell them if you mean by "rotate the canvas" that you actually rotate the image or if you're using the Rotate Page tool.

Good luck!

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Jin.

I have sent them emails with all of the pertinent info I could supply. Hopefully we can figure out a work-around. I love the app and would hate to have to stop using it because of such a glitch but it's hindering my productivity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi HotShoe,

I do hope the cause can be identified and fixed and certainly understand your frustration, not to mention the impact on your work.

Painter is a great program but situations like this do make it pretty discouraging.

Best wishes for a quick resolution and a happy one.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.